The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Luongo goes to Toronto...

cmpunk

Bobby Luo will make little impact on a team that plays poor team defense.

for all you Luo lovers that say;

Its not Luongo's fault, its the defense (every time Luo lets in a goal)

Your mouth will be dry from blaming TO's defenders after they play the flyers or pens.

He will no longer be back stopping one of the top defensive and offensive teams in the NHL.

Luongo will be exposed

You know, i want them to keep Schneider.

Not because I dislike Lou or anything, 90% of it is because he's younger and can give us more years without having to find another goalie.

BUT, whoever we trade, if that goalie goes on to win the cup, that would probably be the last straw for me.

I'd /wrists

So if Luongo goes to toronto and they win a cup... We'll look like idiots, people will laugh at us and we will all cry ourselves to sleep at night.

Or maybe we trade Schneider, he wins the cup and Luongo chokes again in the playoffs.... We'll look like idiots, people will laugh at us and we will all cry ourselves to sleep at night.

Basically we're potentially screwed either way if you're a glass half empty kinda fan. The exact opposite could be said if the glass is half full.

Lets all wish MG some luck on this monumental decision that he has to make.

So if Luongo goes to toronto and they win a cup... We'll look like idiots, people will laugh at us and we will all cry ourselves to sleep at night.

Or maybe we trade Schneider, he wins the cup and Luongo chokes again in the playoffs.... We'll look like idiots, people will laugh at us and we will all cry ourselves to sleep at night.

Basically we're potentially screwed either way if you're a glass half empty kinda fan. The exact opposite could be said if the glass is half full.

Lets all wish MG some luck on this monumental decision that he has to make.

Did the Toronto Maple Leafs steal your bike as a child, or are you just mad?

They have plenty of solid "secondary assets" that hold strong value in a trade, that would not be considered untouchable (such as Gardiner, 5th overall, Kessel )

if luongo goes to to good for him sosorry if he does go but with upcoming goalies in farm / chicago as in lack what will toronto give up besides pay for his contract and toronto does need more to improve themselves to make it to the playoffs it would be a risk more for toronto i think we need d men and more goals from our players so what do they have realli to offer besides we can pic others from other teams gillis has his work cut out for him and the canucks and the fans see how things go wish the best for luongo when and where ever he goes .

Hate to bring up the past but watching Marty in Gm 4 in a = to Boston like atmosphere made me think about what would have been if Luongo had 1/10 the composure and clutch as Marty in any one of those Boston games.

game 7 would not have been necessary

They can have him for a 7th rounder for all I care

Archived