The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jensen to play in Sweden if he doesn't make the Canucks roster

nd84

Wonder if the Canucks encouraged this move. It's a good idea, at this point for Jensen it's probably better to move up to competing against pros rather than spending another year in the OHL, which might not be enough of a challenge. I would be happy if he went to Modo, I bet Naslund would help him out a lot.

Nice. Only so much you can develop playing against players younger than you. In Sweden he will be playing against men. Even though it's softer hockey than in the OHL, he'll be playing against people stronger than himself.

Wonder if the Canucks encouraged this move. It's a good idea, at this point for Jensen it's probably better to move up to competing against pros rather than spending another year in the OHL, which might not be enough of a challenge. I would be happy if he went to Modo, I bet Naslund would help him out a lot.

Just a quick question guys.

If he decides to play in Sweden after not making the Canucks roster, it will be just like us sending him to Junior right? Meaning we would have to let him stay in Sweden the whole season and can't call him up?

With Kesler starting the season on the sidelines it opens up the second line to try out some rookies and see if they are ready. If Schroeder doesn't perform at camp and earn a chance on the second line hopefully Jensen will get the shot to stick. Otherwise Sweden makes sense considering his development.

Archived