The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Sekeres & Price discussed the idea of Versteeg for Luongo straight up. If that's the case, the Toronto equivalent is MacArthur + a pick or a prospect.

Both those playmaking wingers would really help out Kesler & Booth. MacArthur, Franson & a pick or prospect (Ross, Biggs, etc) for Luongo & Tanev?

He did not carry crap lol. I just recall momentous 2nd round playoff chokes that Luongo carried us to. GAA of 3.5+ in the two years vs Chicago.. The year prior he was part of the March meltdown. Last year, he was responsible as anyone for the game 7 loss, though the offence did have a part of it.

The only year he carried was his first year which to his credit was solely because of him

As someone who openly hates Luongo the restricted trade demand just ticks me off even more. This team gave you a chance when yo were known as a goalie who was stubborn and was all about himself. This owner gave you a 4 year $28 million dollar deal even though you cried like a little girl when you were traded to Vancouver. He also set your family up by giving you a 12 year 60 million dollar deal. Coach V, for better or for worse (usually worse), let you be the starting goalie for 6 years and openly backed you up even though you played terrible and choaked in the playoffs on numerous occasions. And this is how you repay us? Seriously. Absolutely pathetic.

I hope Gillis calls his bluff and makes him the #2 goalie for a year. Once the boys at the Province and Vancouver Sun and the fans are done with embarrassing him he will cry to Toronto.

Luongo, deserves nothing better than absolute humiliation.

If Tallon knows the only place Lu is willing to go is Florida then he can lowball all he wants. Why would he trade prospects when he can give away a salary dump. Lu has handcuffed MG into getting a poor return.

As someone who openly hates Luongo this just ticks me off even more. This team gave you a chance when yo were known as a goalie who was stubborn and was all about himself. This owner gave you a 4 year $28 million dollar deal even though you cried like a little girl when you were traded to Vancouver. He also set your family up by giving you a 12 year 60 million dollar deal. Coach V, for better or for worse (usually worse), let you be the starting goalie for 6 years and openly backed you up even though you played terrible and choaked in the playoffs on numerous occasions. And this is how you repay us? Seriously. Absolutely pathetic.

I hope Gillis calls his bluff and makes him the #2 goalie for a year. Once the boys at the Province and Vancouver Sun and the fans are done with embarrassing him he will cry to Toronto.

Luongo, he deserves nothing better than absolute humiliation.

As someone who openly hates Luongo the restricted trade demand just ticks me off even more. This team gave you a chance when yo were known as a goalie who was stubborn and was all about himself. This owner gave you a 4 year $28 million dollar deal even though you cried like a little girl when you were traded to Vancouver. He also set your family up by giving you a 12 year 60 million dollar deal. Coach V, for better or for worse (usually worse), let you be the starting goalie for 6 years and openly backed you up even though you played terrible and choaked in the playoffs on numerous occasions. And this is how you repay us? Seriously. Absolutely pathetic.

Blaming Luongo for everything?

The Canucks could not be compared to the powerhouse of Chicago. They had Versteeg and Ladd playing on their 3rd line for christ sakes and they're arguably the best players on their respective teamsT. How was he responsible for the Game 7 Loss? Our whole team was injured, i don't think there was a star player on our team that was healthy besides maybe Daniel Sedin.

You're a joke of a fan.

Simply comes down to accountability. The team did a lot for him and yet he did nothing for the team minus in his first year. He consistently held the team back and now he is repaying us by holding the management back once more

If he is going to Florida, then one piece that I would love to see come our way is Nick Bjugstad, the guy is just HUGE. It would be great to land him, but now Tallon has a chance to not give much because he is fully aware that this is the only place where Luongo will land, then again, Gillis is too smart to let him go for next to nothing.

Get Bjugstad MG!

Archived