The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

"Roberto Luongo is trying to take his talents to South Beach.

The Vancouver Canucks goaltender has refused to waive his no-trade clause for deals that would see him shipped to the Toronto Maple Leafs and Chicago Blackhawks, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Post-Dispatch.

"Told by very good source #Canucks G Roberto Luongo has -- to this point -- declined to waive no-trade clause to go to #Blackhawks or #Leafs," Portzline tweeted Monday. "Luongo using the power of his no-trade to 'steer' a trade to #Panthers as much as possible at this point in off-season."

Canucks coach Alain Vigneault told TVA Sports in May that Luongo had requested a trade from the club.

The rise of backup Cory Schneider, who took over starting duties in net mid-way through Vancouver's first-round playoff series against the Los Angeles Kings -- a series the Canucks ended up losing -- this spring, has opened the door for such a deal.

Schneider is a pending restricted free agent while Luongo has 10 years left on a 12-year, $64-million contract."

http://www.torontosu...to-leafs-report

I live in TO bud, Grabo would be a terrific fit for the nucks. Put him in between Kesler and Booth and that would be deadly. He gives it every night (I have a 1/4 season to the leafs - because I like hockey not the leafs!) and he plays with the effort Bure did, he cares. Don't make generalizations based on some silly 'russian or euro factor'. He has the potential to be a 80 pt player in the league, sees the ice well, great skater, can kill penalties, and as I said is regarded by the fans, media and players here as one of the hardest if not the hardest working player on the team.

Would prefer to the Bjugstaad as it gives some potential long term to the center position but he's unproven. Franson played with Hamuis and Weber and could be a way to help draw Shay to Van next season as well.

I would be surprised if Burke offered this (some random twitter account means jack). Leafs have a problem up the middle, didn't draft a center, their aren't any big name UFAs to go after, trading away his second line center with nothing to fill it, makes no sense. I put this at a bs deal, bc MG would take it in a heartbeat if it was there.

"Roberto Luongo is trying to take his talents to South Beach.

The Vancouver Canucks goaltender has refused to waive his no-trade clause for deals that would see him shipped to the Toronto Maple Leafs and Chicago Blackhawks, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Post-Dispatch.

"Told by very good source #Canucks G Roberto Luongo has -- to this point -- declined to waive no-trade clause to go to #Blackhawks or #Leafs," Portzline tweeted Monday. "Luongo using the power of his no-trade to 'steer' a trade to #Panthers as much as possible at this point in off-season."

Canucks coach Alain Vigneault told TVA Sports in May that Luongo had requested a trade from the club.

The rise of backup Cory Schneider, who took over starting duties in net mid-way through Vancouver's first-round playoff series against the Los Angeles Kings -- a series the Canucks ended up losing -- this spring, has opened the door for such a deal.

Schneider is a pending restricted free agent while Luongo has 10 years left on a 12-year, $64-million contract."

http://www.torontosu...to-leafs-report

I hope Gillis calls Burke and says exactly this:

Gillis: Hey Brian, I know my last offer for Roberto was a little much. So I changed my mind and I'll give you Luongo and Raymond for Franson, Kulemin, and a conditional first depending on if Lu gets you to the playoffs or not.

Burke: Hmmm, definetley seems like a much more appetizing deal Mike. Let me sleep on it and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Two of Bjugstad, Gudbranson, Versteeg, or a first please. So

1) Luongo for Bjugstad + Gurbranson (not likely)

2) Luongo for Bjugstad + Versteeg

3) Luongo for Gudbranson + Versteeg

4) Luongo for Bjugstad +1st

5) Luongo for Gudbranson + 1st

6) Luongo for Versteeg + 1st

All options seem really appetizing.

I hope Gillis calls Burke and says exactly this:

Gillis: Hey Brian, I know my last offer for Roberto was a little much. So I changed my mind and I'll give you Luongo and Raymond for Franson, Kulemin, and a conditional first depending on if Lu gets you to the playoffs or not.

Burke: Hmmm, definetley seems like a much more appetizing deal Mike. Let me sleep on it and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Archived