The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Getting tougher everywhere and building for the future

UFA Signings -

Sign Jason Garrison @ 4.25m/year for 2/3 years

Shane Doan @ 4.5m/year for 2 years

Bryan Allen @ 2.75m/year for 2 years

(Hopeful for hometown discounts or possible cup contender discount)

Trades -

To anyone: Keith Ballard(cap dump)

To Vancouver: 3rd round pick

To Montreal: Alex Burrows, Yann Sauve, Conditional 3rd if Burrows re-signs

To Vancouver: Tomas Plekanec, 4th round pick

Why Vancouver does this? We let go of Burrows and replace him with UFA Shane Doan who in my mind is a superior player when it comes to an ideal linemate for the Sedins in the playoffs. With Plekanec we get a legit top 6 playmaker who is also a great penalty killer and can center our 2nd line when Kesler is out.

Why Montreal does this? Montreal has been rumored to be shopping Plekanec and Galchenyuk will replace their loss at center. Burrows is a cheap, good utility winger who can move up and down the lineup and he's a hometown guy. Sauve is a hometown guy as well and a solid D prospect.

To Florida: Roberto Luongo, Mason Raymond

To Vancouver: Jose Theodore, Shawn Matthias, 1st round pick, 3rd round pick, Garrison's rights

Why Vancouver does this? Jose Theodore is a veteran back-up who is good insurance if Lack isn't NHL-ready yet or if Schneider gets injured. Matthias is a responsible 3rd line center with size, and we go into next years draft with more draft picks that will give depth to our below average prospect pool.

Why Florida does this? They get their #1 goaltender without having to give up any of their top prospects or impact roster players.

Lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Plekanec - Kesler

Higgins - Matthias - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

Volpatti/Bitz/Schroeder

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Allen - Tanev

Salo/Connauton/Alberts

Schneider

Theodore

Overview: We have balance of skill and size at each position, as well as great depth. Super versatile, we can stack our top line, switch d-pairings, etc. to adjust to any style of opponent that presents us.

Ballard > 3rd round pick, he is worth more especially if Campoli was traded for a 2nd.

And let's not trade Burrows, Plekanec is good but I would rather just sign Doan, Huselius, or Parenteau to fill that spot and keep Burrows then to fill that spot with Plekanec.

Also I would like something a little better in the Florida deal, we just get Quantity, and I would like to get more Quality.

Montreal wants some bigger forwards right? So how about we take out Burrows, and replace him with Booth and add in a 2nd? So then we would have this:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Burrows - Plekanec - Kesler

Higgins - Matthias - Hansen

Volpatti - Lapierre - Kassian

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Allen - Tanev

Schneider

Theodore

Just my opinion.

Archived