The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Am I Speculating That Much?

Merci

I do not know why or how we could let Salo and Rome go like that. I certainly have no idea why Shultz, or Garrison were not immediately acquired.

Something is telling me Gillis is going for the gold, he is tired of dealing with Edler, Ballard, and Bieksa screwing him around not being top 4 D when the team needs them most. Salo was on the Canucks for 10 years and he just left, aren't you shocked? I just can't see letting Salo walk unless something is in store.

Suter is from Minnesota, a quiet beautiful place where nature and clean living is held in high regard. Is it similar to Vancouver? Not entirely, it's cold, it's wild, and they both have an amazing back country life style. Hamhuis experienced it all his life, and it could be said they are very similar.

Suter is said to be thinking of his family first with his new team. So which city has less crime, a multi cultural society, and a strong economy committed to events, community, and eco lifestyle? Detroit, Philadelphia? Are you kidding me both are crime capitals of the states. Both have neither wildlife, or a safe environment for kids. Vancouver takes this category by a tenfold margin.

A lot of UFA don't come to Vancouver because it is on the west coast. Suter was team mates with Hamhuis, and both grew up in similar circumstances. If Parise doesn't influence Suter as much as we believe, I honestly think Vancouver is where he wants to play.

I have never, ever suggested Suter. It just hasn't made sense for us to get him.

But when we take a step back and ask would MG give him a 10 year 7.3 million a year deal, it really makes sense.

Am I crazy? Or is this reality about to unfold?

Guest BuckFoston

Well, you told me I would wake up on draft day and Lu would be wearing a Leafs jersey. So far you've been talking out of your arse and let's face it everyone on here can do that just fine. You aren't even the best at it.

I do not know why or how we could let Salo and Rome go like that. I certainly have no idea why Shultz, or Garrison were not immediately acquired.

Something is telling me Gillis is going for the gold, he is tired of dealing with Edler, Ballard, and Bieksa screwing him around not being top 4 D when the team needs them most. Salo was on the Canucks for 10 years and he just left, aren't you shocked? I just can't see letting Salo walk unless something is in store.

Suter is from Minnesota, a quiet beautiful place where nature and clean living is held in high regard. Is it similar to Vancouver? Not entirely, it's cold, it's wild, and they both have an amazing back country life style. Hamhuis experienced it all his life, and it could be said they are very similar.

Suter is said to be thinking of his family first with his new team. So which city has less crime, a multi cultural society, and a strong economy committed to events, community, and eco lifestyle? Detroit, Philadelphia? Are you kidding me both are crime capitals of the states. Both have neither wildlife, or a safe environment for kids. Vancouver takes this category by a tenfold margin.

A lot of UFA don't come to Vancouver because it is on the west coast. Suter was team mates with Hamhuis, and both grew up in similar circumstances. If Parise doesn't influence Suter as much as we believe, I honestly think Vancouver is where he wants to play.

I have never, ever suggested Suter. It just hasn't made sense for us to get him.

But when we take a step back and ask would MG give him a 10 year 7.3 million a year deal, it really makes sense.

I suspect that Suter is interested in playing in the USA rather than Canada. I also believe he'll likely wind up in Detroit. :)

Salo and Rome are both replaceable, Good luck to both of them on their new hockey teams. As for Suter i'm pretty sure he's going to sign in the states, most likely Detroit at this point, but i don't think he is going to really factor in how nice it looks when he looks out his window or the culture. It won't happen.

You can't afford to pay Salo that much given how injury prone he is. The deal Nonis gave him at 3.5 was an albatross that forced Gillis to go out and overspend at the position to compensate. Tampa made a big mistake overspending for Ohlund and they've done the same for Salo.

Good deal for Sami, though.

Rome is a bit more confusing, although I suppose when you are already spending 4.5 on Ballard and 1.3 on Alberts, that's what happens.

They also need to make room for their younger defensemen. Sooner or later, guys like Tanev, Sauve and Connaughton have to be given a chance to show what they can do at the NHL level.

Archived