The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Avalanche Re-Sign Erik Johnson

Dan Rosen@drosennhl

RT @Avalanche: EJ: The #Avs have signed defenseman Erik Johnson to a four-year contract. Details to follow.

Dan Rosen@drosennhl

A raise from the $2.6 mil per on his previous 2-year contract. RT @EJHradek_NHL: Eric Johnson's deal in 4 years, $15m. AAV: $3.75

Also here is the TSN article: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399833

So Johnson is making the same as Salo in T-Bay next year!! I think that this guy has the potential to be the next ryan suter

Colorado is the youngest team in the NHL in terms of average age... In 5-10 years the canucks will age and need a rebuild, the flames and Wild will stay the same (i.e. non-playoff teams), the oilers wont be able to afford all their young guns, and the avs will be kings of the NW division

The Gillis goal is the Detroit "fountain of youth" (see: players with a dedicated OCD commitment to fitness) where their core always seems to play at a high level well into their mid to late thirties. If Gillis can add a Weber in his prime next summer this team will be set up for the next decade (Sedins have 4-5 years of 1st/2nd line level left). I know you're not a Garrison fan but he's a very underrated shutdown guy with a booming shot, so a top-4 of Hamhuis-Weber, Garrison-Bieksa would be golden.

Archived