The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Happy Independence Day!

To our American neighbors here, in the U.S., and across the globe, Happy Fourth of July! On behalf of all of us, enjoy the statutory holiday and/or the festivities. Hopefully, the weather will treat you well and provide an ideal day for a barbecue.

Today commemorates the 236th anniversary of the birth of an independent nation. As with Canada Day, it is now a day many associate with time off from work. Cheers to a fine day.

Before concluding my well wishes, I want to, in particular, share with you this rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner. This comes from a YouTube user named Shawnmcnair1. He hails from an undisclosed location in the U.S., is passionate about music, and is completely tone deaf. His channel is good for a few laughs.

As he puts in the description: "I love singing my countrys' anthem."

Enjoy the holiday.

Thanks man, Happy Independence Day to Everybody !! :towel:

lol at the guy singing, what a mess ! :D

First his tone is horrible but his mistakes are priceless haha

" through the perilous night " HAHAHA

then just forgets the 2 next lines and goes for :

" gave through to the night " HAHAHA

That guy must be an immigrant from Moldova, or somewhere. I guess he missed National Anthem learning in Kindergarten. Holy crap! No sense of melody, either.

I wonder if there are Canadians who butcher our National Anthem as badly as this putz did? I lol'ed, WeatherWise! :lol:

Happy 4th of July to our American CDC'ers!

:towel::canucks:

Archived