The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fan base already getting sentimental over Luongo

six-0h-four-

Learn to spell. That guy has more actual knowledge in his left toenail than you have knowledge, hockey or otherwise. What's with all this comparing of 'hockey knowledge' anyway? Don't retired OHL players (LOL) have anything better to do than troll an out of province forum.. Which team did you play for?

Sure Mr. Patriarchal and Condascening. Ok want to get to semantics? Winning - well I consider getting your team to the finals, winning awards etc = WINNING

But I will BOW to your knowledge

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

I have more hockey knowledge in my left toe than you have in your entire being.

FInished.

I've said it all along - we will not win the Cup with Cory Schneider if he plays even 60 games and then the playoffs. This kid has a career 56 regular season games and 1 playoff win under his belt.

Even if he somehow plays superbly all regular season (very slim chances) he has next to no playoff experience which is necessary to win a Cup. Look at younger guys like Rinne and Quick - both struggled mightily in their first 3 or 4 playoff seasons before finally Quick could put all his experiences and losses together to play well in the post-season.

The only 2 goalies to jump straight into playoff success with no experience are Brodeur and Roy - the 2 best goaltenders in the history of the sport. So basically our cup chances are the same chances as Schneider becoming one of the top-3 NHL goalies all-time. I don't like those odds.

In the meantime we have Luongo who has been through it all, who has gained the essential experiences and has come up big in big games, so why trade him? He should be our starter for these crucial games, not a kid who has no idea what it takes to win in the playoffs.

youre easily the most negetive person Ive read on here by a long shot, and its pretty clear who makes these boards worse, and it aint the luongo supporters.. yknow, people who actually support the team and its players.

but fyi it doesnt effect me.. its not like the garbage you say hasnt already been said before on here ad nauseum by so many braindead fans.. you however are worse than luongo haters because you complain about practcally everything and you try to come across as smart.. too bad you actually come across as a pompus jackass

I've said it all along - we will not win the Cup with Cory Schneider if he plays even 60 games and then the playoffs. This kid has a career 56 regular season games and 1 playoff win under his belt.

Even if he somehow plays superbly all regular season (very slim chances) he has next to no playoff experience which is necessary to win a Cup. Look at younger guys like Rinne and Quick - both struggled mightily in their first 3 or 4 playoff seasons before finally Quick could put all his experiences and losses together to play well in the post-season.

The only 2 goalies to jump straight into playoff success with no experience are Brodeur and Roy - the 2 best goaltenders in the history of the sport. So basically our cup chances are the same chances as Schneider becoming one of the top-3 NHL goalies all-time. I don't like those odds.

In the meantime we have Luongo who has been through it all, who has gained the essential experiences and has come up big in big games, so why trade him? He should be our starter for these crucial games, not a kid who has no idea what it takes to win in the playoffs.

It doesn't matter, either get over it or start cheering for FLA

This thread is a Branch Luongian support group.

And when you say "I've been saying this all along" it doesn't really mean anything until you have proven everyone wrong!

You can also PM me if you need a shoulder to cry on

He's hoping you all cry on his shoulder so he can collect some runoff of that precious hockey knowledge he's been missing all this time. He's also hoping to learn at some point how to write paragraphs, those things where you stringO multiple sentences into one cohesive block!

Yes, judging by all the stuff you continuously put on these forums I am left with no choice but to declare you as hockey-retarted. I have rarely heard so many outrageously ignorant things come from one guy, and talk about mad, you've hung on to this subject like a thirsty tick does on a dog's arse. Not surprised you can't see what the hell you're typing.. You should see some of this! The branch douchebags called saying you missed attendance because you were paying too much attention to your screen.

My hate for Luongo has nothing to do with hockey knowledge. How in the hell could you people possibly know what I know about hockey? Like seriously, you base this on my opinion of a poker playing, grease ball, choke artist, that happens to play on a team I have cheered for since the Jets left Winnepeg. I don't care what you or anyone thinks of me, I'm not going to tell you how much I know about hockey, because it doesn't matter. I hate Martin Lawrence, so I know nothing about Movies? I hate rap, so I know nothing about music?

I don't use paragraphs because I'm on an iPhone and I can't see what the hell I'm typing, maybe you have better eyes than me?

I'm sorry if I offended the Branch Luongians, I didn't know I was suppose to agree with everything posted on these boards.

Yes, judging by all the stuff you continuously put on these forums I am left with no choice but to declare you as hockey-retarted. I have rarely heard so many outrageously ignorant things come from one guy, and talk about mad, you've hung on to this subject like a thirsty tick does on a dog's arse. Not surprised you can't see what the hell you're typing.. You should see some of this! The branch douchebags called saying you missed attendance because you were paying too much attention to your screen.

What I see is the greatest goalie in our franchise history moving aside and making room for potentially the next greatest.

Lui raised the bar of expectations for him and the team and unfortunately was a victim of his own success.

Schneider is a more technically sound goalie coming up to the prime age of a goalies career. Lui, while still solid for 30+ wins per year is starting to see the twilight.

Our team needs a goalie with less emotions I believe and I think the GM and coaches see Luis ups and downs starting to affect him and the team.

A change will do all parties good and I sure hope we can pull Gudbrandson or Huberdeau for him.

Lui deserves a standing ovation while he walks aways....

I'm just really trolling. There was a guy in here somewhere who claimed to be an OHL player and was chestpounding like Tarzan, was really hoping he would come back but he went away. Still, Lu's not really hateable, nor is any member of the team. Except maybe Raymond.

Archived