The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Disscussion) What About Schnieds

Hi CDC, since everyone knows Luongo will get traded and are making proposals about why not think of trading Schneider I know everyones going to flame me for this but Schneider has more value and is younger than luongo and he might be better and has potiental to be a vezina winner. If we trade him we get better players coming back to us. Also Lack will be a ready NHL back- up in a year or two we will need luongo to mentor him and also because lack will be ready to become a starter in like five or four years and that is when luongo will not be a starter but a backup. So if we trade LU we will have another goalie Contriversy again. What are your thought on this everyone.

Edit: Sorry for the bad grammar

OMG, you are the first person ever to think of it. Why do we spend all this time online if we couldn't figure it out?!

Alright, now that's out of the way, with Luongo actually asking out after initially stating he'd accept a move for the good of the team, it's all but a foregone conclusion Luongo is most likely to be moved. There is still the possibility of Schneider being the one moved, but with the price for him considerably higher, Gillis has been getting similarly underwhelming offers.

Unless Gillis gets blown away by an offer for Schneids, it's going to be Luongo that gets moved once a suitable deal is found.

There's your reason why we should keep Schniederman.

We KNOW Luongo will be inconsistent in the playoffs, looking like an AHL backup on many nights. While Schnieder's body of work is too small to be conclusive, he has consistently given his team a chance to win in every playoff game. At this point, the team trusts him more than Luongo, and for good reason.

This team is too good to have another playoffs ruined by dreadful goaltending.

There's your reason why we should keep Schniederman.

We KNOW Luongo will be inconsistent in the playoffs, looking like an AHL backup on many nights. While Schnieder's body of work is too small to be conclusive, he has consistently given his team a chance to win in every playoff game. At this point, the team trusts him more than Luongo, and for good reason.

This team is too good to have another playoffs ruined by dreadful goaltending.

How do you know Luongo will be inconsistent in the playoffs? You cant blame one guy for a bad game, you have to blame the team. In the Stanley Cup final, Luongo was blamed the most out of everyone. Luongo did allow bad goals, but some of the goals were'nt his fault, they were the teams fault. Plus our players never scored. Anything can happen to Schnieder. I just cant see this team win with Schnieder. Since Luongo came here, I wanted him to win a cup with us because he deserves the cup more than anyone on this team. If Luongo gets traded, I want him to win a cup before Schnieder does just so Canucks fans can witness what a mistake we made.

Fine, I'll do it series by series:

2007:

• vs Dallas: Excellent

• vs Anaheim Good

2009:

• vs St Louis: Excellent

• vs Chicago: Bad

2010:

• vs Los Angeles: Mediocre

2011:

• vs Nashville: Good

• vs Boston: Bad

2012:

• vs Los Angleles: Mediocre

Adding it up:

Excellent: 3 series

Good: 2 series

Mediocre: 2 series

Bad: 4 series

Looks pretty inconsistent to me. Only 1 playoffs before this last season where he didn`t have at least one bad series.

2007:

• vs Anaheim Good

2009:

2010:

2011:

2012:

Adding it up:

Looks pretty inconsistent to me. Only 1 playoffs before this last season where he didn`t have at least one bad series.

2007:

• vs Anaheim Good

2009:

2010:

2011:

2012:

Adding it up:

2007:

• vs Anaheim Good

2009:

• vs Chicago: Bad our team didnt do much either

2010:

• vs Chicago: Bad our team started to suck in our own end, leaving chance after chance with no rebound or crease clearance

2011:

• vs Chicago: Bad the entire team sucked for 3 games. you cant just blame luo for that

• vs St Louis: Excellent -didnt know we play st louis. but against the sharks he was great

• vs Boston: Bad - sucked for 2 games but was stellar for 3.

2012:

• vs Los Angleles: Mediocre you can say the same about schneids since he didnt win the series either, so it wasnt the goalies fault.

Adding it up:

1) We never play St.Louis in 2011

Fixed, my mistake.

2) Luongo saved us from being eliminated in the first round against chicago. He only lost 2 games then Schnieder started game 6.

Luongo's poor play led to Schnieder starting game 6.

3) Again Luongo did pretty good against Boston. In games 1, 2 and 5 he was amazing. The reason we never won the cup was because we had so many injuries. Our Defense during the cup final was horibble and our team was'nt scoring. Yet the blame goes on Luongo.

And in games 3,4, and 6, he was worse than Felix Potvin when he played here, as well as pretty bad in game 7.

4) In 2010 against LA, Luongo actually played really good. He made some great saves and gave the Canucks a chance to win every game in that series.

Fair enough, he wasn't that bad here.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt:

Excellent: 4 series

Mediodre: 1 series

1) We never play St.Louis in 2011

Fixed, my mistake.

2) Luongo saved us from being eliminated in the first round against chicago. He only lost 2 games then Schnieder started game 6.

Luongo's poor play led to Schnieder starting game 6.

3) Again Luongo did pretty good against Boston. In games 1, 2 and 5 he was amazing. The reason we never won the cup was because we had so many injuries. Our Defense during the cup final was horibble and our team was'nt scoring. Yet the blame goes on Luongo.

And in games 3,4, and 6, he was worse than Felix Potvin when he played here, as well as pretty bad in game 7.

4) In 2010 against LA, Luongo actually played really good. He made some great saves and gave the Canucks a chance to win every game in that series.

Fair enough, he wasn't that bad here.

Excellent: 4 Series

Good: 4 series

Medicore: 1 series

Bad: 2 series

you must just listen to what the media tells you. if you actually watched the series you would know otherwise, guess theres no point in arguing with a bandwagon jumper

Archived