The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Rule 3 sucks from an entertainment stand point, but kick returns are arguably the most dangerous plays in football.  I'd have to imagine the trend away from them is from a player safety standpoint.

That's what I've heard, too.  I've also heard that the league would do away with kickoffs altogether except that it would eliminate the possibility of a short kickoff at the end of a close game.

If I have a son I am pumping full of HGH, holding him back 2 years in school and pocketing his guaranteed $80million.  Then he fails the drug test and never plays a game, thus protecting from any future concussions.  Then I'll buy a new suit so I can accept my Father of the year award.

Nate Washington signs with the Pats. Might mean Amendola may be on his way out possibly. 

I want him to stay, but if anything this sends him a message to stay on his toes. Washington averaged 800 yards the past 5 years, 700 the past decade. Amendola's career high in receiving yards is 689 and Washington plays a ton of slot.

...nothing wrong with Amendola but just the money/business side of things might interfere. But I think he's too crucial of a player especially considering he steps in for Edelman when he goes down.

The Browns have to be the worst run organization in sports.

Why sign RG3?  Especially with a whack of guaranteed money?

Do they expect him to start, having him play him over their #2 pick?  This would provide their future franchise QB with no playing time and no QB mentor.  Idiotic.  Sure some QBs need time to sit on the sidelines and learn the game.  But RG3 isn't the type of player that is suitable for the teacher/mentor roles.  

Do they expect him to backup their #2 pick?  If that's the case, why even bother to sign him and throw McCown on the block?  At least McCown could provide a veteran presence for their new QB.  And it's not like the slight upgrade on a backup QB is really going to make a huge difference for them should their new QB get hurt.  Again, idiotic.

RG3 is a proven cancer, and I wouldn't want him around a fresh faced potential franchise QB.

Or, the most idiotic rationale of all...  They're not going to draft a QB with their #2.  It seems too stupid to think it might happen.  But it's the Browns.

If you're a Browns fan I truly admire your devotion.  One of the few sport franchises with a worse history than the Canucks.

Edited by Jägermeister

Rg3 to Cleveland has to mean they are going to pass on a qb early. Rg3 would not have signed if he had to compete for the job with another high pick.

I mean he couldn't handle Kirk Cousins and was looking over his shoulder don't think he would play nice with a #2 pick like him.

Next domino to fall is what happens with Kap next week? Cut,trade to Broncos or somehow staying with the 49ers?

If Kap gets moved Fitzmagic will have to sign with the Jets with them interested in Josh McCown.

^yea, will actually be good for the Browns to not take a QB for once. Hasn't worked them for decades and won't change all of a sudden.

I always find it funny when a team without a QB desperately takes a QB early on when the QB is clearly not fit for the selection they have and there are 20 other guys that would be better picks.

I can't see Cleveland NOT taking a QB at #2. RG3 gives you the chance at sheltering your fresh faced draft pick from getting crushed from a piss poor O-line for as much of the season as he can stand, and if he ends up blowing anyways, well, put new guy in. This has to mean McCown is gone. 

Who wants to start a pool? What happens to RG3 first? He gets injured? Or gets benched?

Tbh I kinda like the move from the Browns, term not so much but from a personnel perspective i do. Take Tunsil or trade down, pick up a QB later in the draft. A guy like Cody Kessler would be great for them. Gets rid of the ball quickly In  The pocket and makes good decisions. He also delivers the ball with good trajectories down the field despite his lack of stellar arm strength. The one thing with Kessler after watch him this these past couple years is that when he is outside of the pocket be that's on the scramble or a bootleg he tends to hold onto the ball too long

On March 25, 2016 at 8:16 PM, Green Building said:

I can't see Cleveland NOT taking a QB at #2. RG3 gives you the chance at sheltering your fresh faced draft pick from getting crushed from a piss poor O-line for as much of the season as he can stand, and if he ends up blowing anyways, well, put new guy in. This has to mean McCown is gone. 

Who wants to start a pool? What happens to RG3 first? He gets injured? Or gets benched?

With how terrible that O-line is and with how many sacks they'll probably give up, I say he gets hurt week 3. 

Also, considering the Browns released Bowe, who does he have to throw to other than Barnidge?

Edited by Pears

23 hours ago, Pears said:

With how terrible that O-line is and with how many sacks they'll probably give up, I say he gets hurt week 3. 

Also, considering the Browns released Bowe, who does he have to throw to other than Barnidge?

Word on the streets is a good shot Josh Gordon is back from his Martavis Bryant like ban.

What are the odds two potential elite players who are size/speed freaks have drug problems.

Rg 3 could be nice the few times he has time to launch a deep ball to Flash Gordo n behind the terrible o line.

Atleast 11 kids died playing HS football last year in the US, that's insane.  One died after breaking his neck returning a punt.  Another 90 kids have died indirectly (heat stroke, heart attack) between 2002-2014.  The worse year on record was 1968 when 26 kids died.

Yikes, I had no idea it was this high.  I remember the Pats honoring one of the victims which led me to look up and was shocked to come across this.  I don't think I'd let my kids play even though I poked fun at it earlier.

7 hours ago, Pears said:

Our defense just got even better. Welcome to the Jungle Dansby!

Good thing NFL does a great job dragging out free agency to fill the post combine void leadig up to the draft at the end of April.

This draft in terms of high end probowl talent is very thin on paper probably 6 legit guys after that projections are all over the place. Outside of Wentz and Goff and maybe Cook or Lynch the qbs in this class are long range prospects.

On 3/26/2016 at 10:53 PM, Pears said:

On 3/27/2016 at 10:07 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Word on the streets is a good shot Josh Gordon is back from his Martavis Bryant like ban.

I heard that on the radio a few days ago, only I swore I heard the host say "Josh Norman" and wondered "What the hell did I miss!?". Clearly, he meant to say Gordon. 

19 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Atleast 11 kids died playing HS football last year in the US, that's insane.  One died after breaking his neck returning a punt.  Another 90 kids have died indirectly (heat stroke, heart attack) between 2002-2014.  The worse year on record was 1968 when 26 kids died.

Yikes, I had no idea it was this high.  I remember the Pats honoring one of the victims which led me to look up and was shocked to come across this.  I don't think I'd let my kids play even though I poked fun at it earlier.

A kid broke his neck while returning a punt? Jesus what do these kids do in high school football? Tackle with the flying knee?