The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

8 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

For me Tom Brady is to football what Barry Bonds and Sami Sosa are to baseball. Ya, they're great and probably technically the greatest. But because they cheated. You can never really call them the undisputed best ever  

Yeah cause injecting steroids and deflating footballs is the same thing...

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Those feelings didnt happen at half time did they? If they did , u might be gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that

Just joking realx ;)

I know it's superbowl bandwagon day but we like to actually talk about football in this thread. 

Atlanta let the moment get to them ... they had it but just couldn't make plays in the 4th quarter, not the defense nor the offense. 

As much as I wanted ATL to win it ... you gotta give props where it is due.  That was a friggin phenomenal comeback!  

So congrats to BB, Brady, the bunch of no names who got it done, and of course, the Pats fanboys here.  .  

3 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

I know it's superbowl bandwagon day but we like to actually talk about football in this thread. 

Lol. I watched the wagon go by as i drank a beer. 

Fair enough though. Dont get ur capri pants in a twist. Carry on 

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

But Tom served out his time of disciplinary action and has come back to prove himself.  This was a huge comeback win under adverse conditions.  I think you have to give him credit for what he did.

Never, they have been long accused of a wide range of cheating tactics. Bugging dressing rooms. Spying on practices, the list goes on. 

8 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Yeah cause injecting steroids and deflating footballs is the same thing...

People act like this deflated football thing is the first and only time the pats have been accused of cheating. At least with steroids you are still using your body to win. 

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

Unless you are from Boston this became your "team" because you're a band wagon jumping opportunist.  

How? Im from Saskatchewan and became a Cowboys and Canucks fan. So since Im not from Dallas or Vancouver if they ever win Im a band wagon?

Relax, let them enjoy it

Edited by Tony Romo

32 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Throw tom Brady on the Cleveland browns. If they make the playoffs I'll never say another word. 

He has so many records because he has played on stacked teams. Swap Tom Brady with Biron Leftwitch and today we call biron Leftwirch the greatest QB of all time. 

Not all the teams he played with were stacked,   Don't you realize that the players he started with 17 years ago are long gone.  There has been revolving door of players.    The players he won with his 1st Superbowl has long retired. He has to adapt to so many different players make his success a great achievement.

8 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

How? Im from Saskatchewan and became a Cowboys and Canucks fan. So since Im not from Dallas or Vancouver if they ever win Im a band wagon?

Relax, let them enjoy it

Depending on how old you are you also started cheering for the cowboys because they were winning super bowls.

8 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Not all the teams he played with were stacked,   Don't you realize that the players he started with 17 years ago are long gone.  There has been revolving door of players.    The players he won with his 1st Superbowl has long retired. He has to adapt to so many different players make his success a great achievement.

Ya, a revolving door of the most prolific Free agents. 

Tom Brady is either favored by God or has sold his soul to the devil.

What we witnessed today was divine intervention. Destiny,Fate, Karma I can't quite comprehend what I watched today.

They set a record for the greatest comeback in super bowl history when a team had never won once being down 2 scores.

Trump is the President teams come back from absurd deficits anything is possible if you are alive in the world today and witnessed history.

• Upvote 1