The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 2018-03-19 at 12:38 PM, Pears said:

I could see that, but IMO there's no way the Browns risk taking a QB at 1st and hope Barkley is still there at 4, as I could see the Giants taking Barkley since they need a franchise RB too. I think they'll take Barkley 1st then they take whoever is available between Rosen/Allen/Darnold/Mayfield.

Giants need anything right now except for WR. They were such a terrible team last year I was shocked how a team could fall so low into the standings after coming off a great year with McAdoo's first year as a coach. 

49 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Eagles sign Mike Wallace to replace Torrey Smith. Thoughts how much juice does he have left?

He can still move and he consistently gets open. Great replacement imo. 

Eagles are stacked!

• Thanks 1

NFL star Michael Bennett indicted on charge of injury to elderly at Super Bowl

By Ralph Ellis and David Close, CNN

Updated 6:53 PM ET, Fri March 23, 2018

Defensive end Michael Bennett just signed a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Defensive end Michael Bennett just signed a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles.

(CNN)NFL defensive end Michael Bennett was indicted Friday in Houston on a charge of injury to the elderly in connection with an incident that occurred when he was a spectator at the 2017 Super Bowl, authorities said.

The Harris County district attorney's office said Bennett rushed the field when the game ended to congratulate his brother Martellus Bennett, who played for the winning New England Patriots.
Bennett was told to use a different field entrance, but he pushed through the security detail, which included a 66-year-old paraplegic woman in a wheelchair, Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said at a news conference.
The woman suffered a sprained shoulder in the February 5, 2017, incident, Acevedo said.

"It's offensive to me that a man who's supposed to be an example, a professional athlete, thinks its OK to act like this," Acevedo said.
CNN has reached out to Bennett for comment through his representative Doug Hendrickson but has not heard back.
Harris County said the felony charge carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
Bennett was one of the most vocal NFL players in protesting the national anthem before games.
He appeared on CNN and said he didn't understand why President Donald Trump would "stoop so low" as to say that NFL owners should fire players who protest.
Bennett, 32, played with the Seattle Seahawks for five seasons and just signed a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. He played high school football in Houston and college ball at Texas A&M University.
Acevedo said Bennett's lawyer has been notified. The chief said Bennett has not been arrested yet but should turn himself into police as soon as possible.
When asked why it took more than a year to file charges against Bennett, Acevedo said police had to prioritize more serious crimes. Also, Hurricane Harvey hit Houston in August, he noted.
Acevedo said an officer at the game witnessed Bennett pushing the woman but decided to check on the elderly woman rather than immediately arrest Bennett, whom he recognized.
"We knew who the suspect was," Acevedo said. "We knew what he had done and we knew where to find him."
The Philadelphia Eagles said in a statement Friday: "We are aware of the situation involving Michael Bennett and are in the process of gathering more information. Because this is an ongoing legal matter, we will have no further comment at this time."
Last September, Bennett complained that police in Las Vegas unfairly singled him out, threatened him with a gun and detained him briefly after he attended a prizefight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor.
Las Vegas authorities said officers were responding to a call of battery and assault with a gun that had turned into an active shooter situation and thought that Bennett might be involved. No charges were filed.

He's always struck me as a loser.

Edited by Jägermeister

23 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

He's always struck me as a loser.

This will fall through. It is very clear to me that Art Acevedo is seeking revenge on Michael Bennett for the entire Las Vegas situation. Scummy thing to do Art.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

This will fall through. It is very clear to me that Art Acevedo is seeking revenge on Michael Bennett for the entire Las Vegas situation. Scummy thing to do Art.

Care to explain?

It seems to me like it would be a very foolish high profile embarrassment for Acevedo to do something like that (if it were to be true).  Why would he risk his professional reputation on some plot to extract revenge on a situation that didn't even involve him?

Although, I do have to admit it is just a bizarre situation and it does seem like there is more to the story.

Edited by Jägermeister

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Rams are terrifying.  Expect them to get another WR in the draft too.

Rumor that Rams are trying to trade for OBJ maybe too?

The NFC is stacked it's so ridiculous.

Meanwhile the AFC is the Patriots, Jaguars,Steelers,Texans and Chargers,Chiefs,Raiders, on paper as the most talented rosters and obvious playoff teams if healthy.

In the NFC you have Eagles, Vikings,49ers,Rams, Saints,Falcons,Panthers, Bucs,Packers,Lions, Seahawks, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, who have playoff caliber rosters right now.

It's gonna be a dogfight all year for Philly now that they are no longer under the radar and will have a tough schedule with a full offseason for teams to dissect their offence and defence.

The Eagles don't have much cap space or draft picks this year. They are in a win now window before they have to pay Wentz and other core guys with extensions coming up.

Bennett needs to get his $&!# together!

On 24/03/2018 at 5:48 PM, Tony Romo said:

Eagles still gonna go 19-0 but loving what dallas is doing this off season. Hurns and Flemming, now should be able to spend every prime pick on defense.

Is this the end of Dez in big D? He doesn't want to take a pay cut and there are a plethora of WRs in the draft to replace his declining production anyways. 

Not to mention attitude issues could be the last time he throws up the "X" at AT&T.

On 27/03/2018 at 10:21 AM, ReggieBush said:

Hoping the Rams pull an Eagles 2011. They have an insane amount of talent (except for the LB core and QB), but they added 3 very difficult personalities in Peters, Talib and Suh

That was the Vince Young "dream team" when they had DRC, Asante Samuel, and Nnamdi Asmougha. 

Rams have the cap space to sign OBJ long term if they mange a trade for him. OBJ in LA would be entertainment.

49 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

That was the Vince Young "dream team" when they had DRC, Asante Samuel, and Nnamdi Asmougha. 

Rams have the cap space to sign OBJ long term if they mange a trade for him. OBJ in LA would be entertainment.

I have an Asante Samuel Eagles jersey. Awesome player