The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

51 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Paxton Lynch has had enough opportunity already.  I'm not sure he's ever going to develop the decision making ability to get it done in the pros.  

Disagree. I think he was just starting to get going when injury struck. I still think he could potentially become something. 

7 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I'd argue he is already a cancer the reports out of Seattle were the coaches couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Seattle embraces who your character, good or bad. That is Pete's mantra. And Mike is actually a really good person, he does a lot of charity work and has his own foundation.

6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Paxton Lynch has had enough opportunity already.  I'm not sure he's ever going to develop the decision making ability to get it done in the pros.  Wouldn't be surprised to see another QB taken in the draft although hopefully not in the first round.  Tremendous depth in the QB class but I don't see a guy like Mason Rudolph as being a huge downgrade from the guys likely to go early.  Offensive line and WR depth still need to be addressed, while the defense needs some attention as well.

Much more problems than QB.

Curious, what do you like about him?

7 hours ago, Van40 said:

That was a horrible trade by the Bengals. Injury prone tackle and you move back draft slots in multiple rounds? LOL. 

Keenum to Broncos is okay I guess. Nothing special. Broncos need to hope Paxton Lynch turns into something. 

Arob is a nice pickup by the Bears. Team is still a couple years away though. 

For one, that was anything but horrible for the Bengals. Two, we only moved back in the first round to a position where the best center in the draft could be available, which we desperately need as well. Three, Glenn has only missed 10 games in his career, so I’m not sure where you got injury prone from. Finally, Glenn over his career has only given up four sacks, which is why he is a two time Pro Bowler. 

Edited by Pears

2 hours ago, Pears said:

For one, that was anything but horrible for the Bengals. Two, we only moved back in the first round to a position where the best center in the draft could be available, which we desperately need as well. Three, Glenn has only missed 10 games in his career, so I’m not sure where you got injury prone from. Finally, Glenn over his career has only given up four sacks, which is why he is a two time Pro Bowler. 

Moving back all those spots was horrible imo. Glenn has been banged up for the past couple years too. His play has dropped a little. I get what the Bumgals are doing but bad execution.

'Dola to the Fins.

Alright during the reg season, but one of my favorite playoff performers. Guy is clutch in January and February. Not sure the 'Fins will be a good fit for him, he's not the type of receiver to replace a Landry, he would've been hell of a compliment to Landry in that offense. But good security blanket for Tannehill, who undoubtedly will throw across the middle to Dola (which is a mistake). Wish him all the best, and hope he doesn't play another playoff game :)

Edelman

Cooks

Britt

Hogan

Mitchell

Dorsett

The only guy I would like an upgrade on is Dorsett, but otherwise I think Brady is poised for another great season with those receivers. With Dorsett, we know we're getting maybe 1 catch a game from a guy whose only attribute is speed. Britt is a wildcard, didn't know enough of the playbook to warrant playing time in the playoffs, but was extended this off season because they saw something in him. The other 4 are all proven starters (Small sample size for Mitchell but it's been a good sample size nonetheless). 

I think they still bring in a couple veterans to push for spots in camp, but probably not any big names. 

Would LOVE to see a reunion with Woodhead. 

8 hours ago, Pears said:

It was a win-win trade in my opinion. 

Glenn missed 10 games just last season.  5 games the season before that.  Most of the last two years he's been playing injured for the games he was actually on the field for.

That said, if his foot fully heals, which it is expected to, he's a very good tackle.  Certainly an upgrade over what the Bengals have now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Sam Bradford rumored to the Cards @ $20 million dollars lol. Sure it's a one year deal but the guy hasn't played a full season since 2012.

Glad the Bills aren't paying him that much money.

When's the last time the Cards had a QB play the full season anyway?  They'll likely take a QB in the draft and hope that Bradford's able to stay healthy long enough to insulate him for a while.