The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

11 hours ago, Pears said:

I could see the 49ers even though they just got Robinson. 

Allen Robinson?  He signed with Chicago.

The Niners wideout group is still awful, but I pray pray pray that we don't try to address it by picking up OBJ.  Guy's a primma donna in every sense of the term and the cost would be way too high to both acquire him and to keep him around afterwards.

I'd rather us pick up Calvin Ridley with our 1st (maybe a trade down with Buffalo or Arizona?), or Courtland Sutton/DJ Moore/Christian Kirk/James Washington with our 2nd.

Edited by Jägermeister

1 hour ago, Jägermeister said:

The Niners wideout group is still awful, but I pray pray pray that we don't try to address it by picking up OBJ.  Guy's a primma donna in every sense of the term and the cost would be way too high to both acquire him and to keep him around afterwards.

I'd rather us pick up Calvin Ridley with our 1st (maybe a trade down with Buffalo or Arizona?), or Courtland Sutton/DJ Moore/Christian Kirk/James Washington with our 2nd.

Oh, right. I thought he signed with the 49ers for what ever reason. Still they need a top WR and OBJ would be a pretty good fit there. 

On 2018-03-30 at 9:11 AM, Pears said:

Where does everyone think OBJ would go if the Giants do end up trading him?

I'm thinking Rams if he goes anywhere the Browns have the picks to make the move for him but they desperately need a long term solution at QB before going for OBJ 

14 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'm thinking Rams if he goes anywhere the Browns have the picks to make the move for him but they desperately need a long term solution at QB before going for OBJ 

Sam Darnold will be the pick he can sit behind Tyrod for half the season like Goff before he plays or maybe earlier if T- Mobile gets hurt.

When the Browns owner met with his parents at USC pro day that sealed the pick.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Like 1

On 2018-03-31 at 9:31 AM, Jägermeister said:

So many options wish the Eagles had more picks and cap space but gladly take the trade off of a Super Bowl.::D

7 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Or maybe a qb??

Unless they're going to trade both to move into the top 5, I don't see them going for a QB. I doubt Mayfield is available in the teens, and they haven't really been extensively scouting many QBs. Belichick lead Chubb's workout though, and spent a lot of extra time with him. 

Wish Benning could learn from Belichick. Trade the 32nd pick for Cooks who is on a rookie deal, use Cooks as Edelman's replacement for a year at a cheap salary and nearly win the Super Bowl, trade Cooks for the 23rd pick now that JE11 is healthy. Asset management.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Your 2018 Super Bowl Champions - The LA Rams

Nice to have pick 22 and 31 though .. moving up to snag Chubb?

I'll take the field. Gurley or Suh goes down for an extended period of time, they have no shot

15 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I'll take the field. Gurley or Suh goes down for an extended period of time, they have no shot

I'd agree with Gurley, Suh not so much. They were great with Donald, and Suh is an extra toy to play with. The thing with Suh is, when he's motivated, he's damn near unstoppable. When he thought the Dolphins had promise, he was fantastic. His play fell when he realized they were the typical crap. I think he will be extra fired up playing for a coach like McVay. 

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I'd agree with Gurley, Suh not so much. They were great with Donald, and Suh is an extra toy to play with. The thing with Suh is, when he's motivated, he's damn near unstoppable. When he thought the Dolphins had promise, he was fantastic. His play fell when he realized they were the typical crap. I think he will be extra fired up playing for a coach like McVay. 

I meant to say Donald.:picard:

• Upvote 1

One final thought on the Patriots trade: What if Belichick uses that pick to trade for Odell Beckham Jr. — essentially trading Cooks for Beckham Jr.? It seems so hard to see Beckham Jr. in The Patriots Way. But it also was hard to see Randy Moss on that team at one point.

The Pats can package No. 23 and No. 31, and, according to most trade-value charts, move up even into the top-10 picks. So, this trade gets coach Bill Belichick into the ballgame on Day 1, which is a great place to be for The Hoodie. And it all makes sense.

Some interesting thoughts while I was browsing.  Love the Cooks deal.

20 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Wish Benning could learn from Belichick.

Don't we all...:lol:

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Also looking like a rough offseason for this guy:

NFLer Danny Amendola, left, and Olivia Culpo arrive at the ESPYS at the Microsoft Theater in L.A. last year.

Going from a model to another girl is like going from the Patriots to the Dolphins:ph34r:

Damn that's unfortunate for Danny. Horrible offseason for him lol.