The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

NFL is Not For Long...

Not as horrible of a move by Gruden that the media is making it out to be... at some point the price is too much.   

I wish Benning would use that principle when signing FAs.  

Report: Ndamukong Suh Released by Dolphins 3 Years After Signing $114M Contract

Just did my fantasy draft and would love some thoughts (I know RB is my weak spot haha) 

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 DST, 1 K

12 TEAM LEAGUE

Wentz, Goff 

Hunt, Morris, Ingram, Penny, Crowell, Bernard 

Thomas, Thielen, Baldwin, Sanders, Bryant (Dez) 

Doyle

Saints 

Butker

Edited by lethunder

41 minutes ago, lethunder said:

Just did my fantasy draft and would love some thoughts (I know RB is my weak spot haha) 

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 DST, 1 K

12 TEAM LEAGUE

Wentz, Goff 

Hunt, Morris, Ingram, Penny, Crowell, Bernard 

Thomas, Thielen, Baldwin, Sanders, Bryant (Dez) 

Doyle

Saints 

Butker

Why 2 QBs? You can always pick up a decent QBs in free agency when your QB is on a bye.. and I'd probably keep Goff over Wentz based on how many weapons Goff has

5 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Why 2 QBs? You can always pick up a decent QBs in free agency when your QB is on a bye.. and I'd probably keep Goff over Wentz based on how many weapons Goff has

Depends what the other teams have done.  If everyone rolled with 2, you kinda have to or you're going to be starting an absolute bum in the bye week.

Edited by King Heffy

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Depends what the other teams have done.  If everyone rolled with 2, you kinda have to or you're going to be starting an absolute bum in the bye week.

2 minutes ago, lethunder said:

Tyrod, Dalton and Trubisky are the top 3 remaining qbs on waivers. 

I suppose. If this was a snake draft, it'd make sense. If it was an auction draft, completely different. Also, Tyrod, Dalton, and Trubisky aren't bad options for a bye week. It'd just depend on how their season goes because all 3 are questionable but I do see Dalton and Taylor having a higher potential to succeed

Speaking of which, may as well post mine... 12 team league and our draft was an auction, not snake.

Brady

Fournette, Hyde, Riddick, Crowell

Woods, Garcon, Jones Jr., Cooper, Hogan, Edelman, Mike Williams

Kelce

Gould

Saints

I'm a bit iffy on my receivers although I didn't spend more than $18 on any receiver

Edited by Apple Juice

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000958608/article/rams-admit-they-tried-to-trade-for-de-khalil-mack

The Rams want everyone to come to Los Angeles.

That's the message we can take from COO Kevin Demoff, who admitted that L.A. tried to swing a trade with the Oakland Raiders for Khalil Mack.

We offered a pretty aggressive package and they came back and said, 'We just think you're going to pick too low,'" Demoff said about the Rams' potential draft pick compensation, per Gary Klein of the L.A. Times.

The Raiders believing the Rams will be better than the Bears for the next two years is not a surprise. It also should not be a shock that L.A. would test the waters on Mack. Rams general manager Les Snead has been on the front wave of the trade tsunami that blew through the NFL this season. Clearly, the L.A. brass has rightfully realized other organizations overvalue draft picks to an extent, and the right team builder can take advantage of that nature.

It's questionable how the Rams would have pacified Mack's desire for a massive new contract, given they just paid Aaron Donald, Todd Gurley and Brandin Cooks this offseason, and have Jared Goff waiting for a new contract down the line.

Still, it's fun to consider Mack lining up alongside Donald and Ndamukong Suh, even if it were just for one season. How on earth would any quarterback survive that onslaught? Two of the three best QB-crunchers in the NFL on the same line would have been unfair.

Alas, it did not happen, as the Raiders shipped Mack to Chicago instead.

The thought of seeing Derek Carr getting pulverized by Mack in Week 1 in Oakland might have been enough for the Raiders to decline all offers from the Rams.

Demoff telling us L.A. made a play for Mack is the most noteworthy aspect. It's a clear message to all future free agents that the Rams are in the business of stockpiling the best players, regardless of whatever financial hurdles they'll have to jump.

Really curious to see how Seattle's 46, almost college like, defense will look this season. I am licking my lips thinking Naz Jones, Poona Ford, Jarran Reed, Frank Clark and Bark Mingo all on the field at once. I've always been a fan of the 46 because I put value in stopping the run, and I feel like this scheme and DLine group will do that. As for the rest of the defense, I am not really worried with the exception of that second corner spot. I do not like Dontae Johnson, and would much rather see Tre Flowers take his lumps and learn on the fly because I think that there is real upside there. Earl is, well, Earl. Tedric Thompson and Bradley McDouglad will share snaps at strong safety giving Seattle a more coverage look at the position in contrast to Kam Chancellor. 

For Seattle, I honestly see a playoff team barring serious injuries. But they need the following to happen;

1. Run the football effectively, which gives balance to the offense.

2. Get pash rush from some of the rotation guys. Cant just rely on Frank Clark. You need Rasheem Green, Dion Jordan, Jacob Martin to provide energy and motor when they spell in.

3. Improved Special teams. Make your damn field goals. Cover your damn kicks/punts. Let Michael Dickson do his thang. Last year was not Pete Carroll Football, and the special teams game was a major part of why they did not make the playoffs.

Excited to watch Corey Clement, Sidney Jones, and Shelton Gibson.

This will be tough for Eagles to pull out Falcons will be motivated after such a close game last year.

Eagles receivers majorly banged up no Alshon Jeffery or Mack Hollins.

Expect to see Clement and Sproles involved in the pass game.

Foles will be looking for Agholor and Ertz in the middle of the field.

Dallas Goedert is a big rookie TE who can get some YAC too. 

Missing Tim Jernigan and Nigel Bradham though.

D line has to step up with the crowd noise and keep this game close until offence finds a rhythm and gets going.

• Cheers 1