The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Siemian sucks no run game to speak of shaky o line.

Denver only has their d which will get gassed if the offence can't make plays.

Wonder if KC or the Dolphins could pull off a shocker and upset the Patriots.

Steelers probably the best bet to meet New England in the AFC Championship game.

In the NFC Green Bay is heating up and can beat anyone if they get in with how A Rod the MVP is playing.

Kansas City beating New England wouldn't be that big of an upset imo. Chiefs have been a top 3-5 team in the league since last November and Gronk is out. And I agree, I think the NFC is gonna go through Green Bay with how they're going right now. 

Just now, Pears said:

Kansas City beating New England wouldn't be that big of an upset imo. Chiefs have been a top 3-5 team in the league since last November and Gronk is out. And I agree, I think the NFC is gonna go through Green Bay with how they're going right now. 

I think it still would besting the Patriots especially in their house where they rarely lose in the playoffs would be a big accomplishment for Andy Reid to get some measure of redemption against Belichick for the Super Bowl while he was still coaching the Eagles.

2 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

My early sb prediction is Steelers vs Packers. The rematch!

Those are the two that came to mind for me too.

Clay Matthews became a star after that Superbowl.

Remember that Super Bowl like yesterday because I had money on the Steelers and Rashard Mendenhall fumble caused by Clay Matthews changed the momentum and cost the Steelers the game.

Super Bowl is in Texas again like the last time.

Last time Steelers played Green Bay Emmanuel Sanders was on the team and not even a star. Antonio Brown was a rookie and Mike Wallace was the best deep threat in the league alongside Desean Jackson.

This might happen and would be a great offensive matchup.

Would get huge ratings too.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

My early sb prediction is Steelers vs Packers. The rematch!

12 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Those are the two that came to mind for me too.

This might happen and would be a great offensive matchup.

Would get huge ratings too.

Bit bold to pick Steelers on the AFC side unless they have yet to peak and the Pats continue to have injuries.  Last night, Steelers offense wasn't quite clicking in the first half apart from the first drive.  Top four AFC contenders - Pats, Steelers, Raiders, and Chiefs (looked pretty good against Denver last night).  Steelers SB and playoff experience might get them past Raiders (esp since Carr went down) or Chiefs ... but if they meet the Pats, it will be a hard match up.  

Good thing is that it appears both QBs like a slightly deflated football on a cold NE day in January :P::D ... so no worries about a complaint coming from Steelers sidelne.  Deflategate II averted..  

Edited by Neversummer
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to go out of a limb and say it's going to be a rematch of Super Bowl XLIX between the Pats and the Seahawks. Personally we all know Pats may have the edge but they don't have Gronk and he will be missed come playoff time. Seahawks have some key injuries missing Earl Thomas and Tyler Lockett but they have solid replacements to replace them with Richardson for Lockett while Terrell and McCray play for Thomas. With this rematch, we see two of the best QBS in action with two completely different styles of football: one who stays in the pocket and waits for best opportunity while the other does real well in the pocket but when it collapses, he's able to find a way to escape it and gain positive yardage running it himself when he cant find anyone either. This is just a prediction but the Seahawks have enough to overcome the best team in NFC right now in Dallas and get themselves into the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in 4 years.

3 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'm going to go out of a limb and say it's going to be a rematch of Super Bowl XLIX between the Pats and the Seahawks. Personally we all know Pats may have the edge but they don't have Gronk and he will be missed come playoff time. Seahawks have some key injuries missing Earl Thomas and Tyler Lockett but they have solid replacements to replace them with Richardson for Lockett while Terrell and McCray play for Thomas. With this rematch, we see two of the best QBS in action with two completely different styles of football: one who stays in the pocket and waits for best opportunity while the other does real well in the pocket but when it collapses, he's able to find a way to escape it and gain positive yardage running it himself when he cant find anyone either. This is just a prediction but the Seahawks have enough to overcome the best team in NFC right now in Dallas and get themselves into the Super Bowl for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Love the Hawks, but they will not even win one playoff game this season.  There is something just wrong in their locker room.  

I see a Dallas vs. Pittsburgh Super Bowl, with the Steelers winning 20-17.  

No body picking the obvious #1 seeds on both sides?  I'm going to go with final four:

Pats vs. Steelers .. Pats win.  

Cowboys vs. Green Bay ... Cowboys win.

Pats vs. Cowboys for the SB.  Title for 'Murica's team' ... experience over newbs ... (makes me a bit nauseos to write this) Pats win ... and hopefully Brady retires.    

Edited by Neversummer

3 hours ago, Neversummer said:

No body picking the obvious #1 seeds on both sides?  I'm going to go with final four:

Pats vs. Steelers .. Pats win.  

Cowboys vs. Green Bay ... Cowboys win.

Pats vs. Cowboys for the SB.  Title for 'Murica's team' ... experience over newbs ... (makes me a bit nauseos to write this) Pats win ... and hopefully Brady retires.    

I'm starting the anybody BUT Patriots/Cowboys wagon to win the Super Bowl. Anybody care to join? ::D

But seriously I think Green Bay is pretty decent against the run and will give the Cowboys all they can handle if they do meet unlike last time.

Playoff experience matters. In the NFC you have Eli,A Rod, and Danger Russ all who know how to get it done in the post season.

Then you have question marks with Stafford and Prescott.

In the AFC the only qb with pedigree who can challenge Brady is Big Ben if he plays like he can.

Chiefs though showed something with Tyreek Hill that they can be more explosive as an offence so they might give the Patriots a game.

Dolphins,Texans, Raiders down to their backups. Would do well to just win a single playoff game.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You guys need more than a new coach.  Give us Sam Reinhart.

Pegula needs to clean house and bring Polian in to rebuild the front office.  17 years of no playoffs is an institutional failure, not just on-field failures.