The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

7 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Neither? Not a big enough sample size to really evaluate.

We talking Garapollo and AJ McCarron or what?

Yea. Just saying I really don't know why people value Garoppolo so much more than McCarron when their stats are almost identical. 

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

Yea. Just saying I really don't know why people value Garoppolo so much more than McCarron when their stats are almost identical. 

It's the Patriots Belichick mystique the idea that this guy will be good because the Pats talked about him like the successor to Brady.

That's why they can demand so much for him because desperate franchises like the Browns hope he can bring over some of that winning culture in New England.

McCarron hasn't been seen at the NFL level much though he did well in college obviously.

The Bengals obviously don't carry the Patriots pedigree when it comes to winning.

Talent wise they seem pretty similar.

Edited by Chip Kelly

7 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Titans sign Logan Ryan. 

Are there any Pats fans here that could give some insight on him?  

Not a Pats fan but watched him during the playoffs. He's a solid CB who can defend almost any receiver in the league. I thought he was as good as Butler with the Pats and he only got his opportunities when the Pats have a injured CB I believe. He had 92 tackles this past year and apparently he's going to form a formidable duo with McCourty. Will be interesting how that'll work out for your Titans. I like them but they've underachieved to be honest. It's been a while that they've made the playoffs

4 hours ago, gmen81 said:

hmmm

Titans GM Robinson is from the Patriots tree like Scott Pioli was.

Makes sense he likes Patriots players.

Titans d looking pretty good. Still need some better WRs for Mariota to make plays.

Think Titans might hold off on the Cooks trade and just draft Mike Williams or Corey Davis or John Ross with one of their two 1st round picks.

14 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Titans sign Logan Ryan. 

Gotta admit I root for Mariota and the Titans a ton. 

Not a NE fan but have watched Ryan quite a bit. Ryan seems like a small ish corner but dude is feisty. He suprises with his physical play and always seems to be around the ball.  Decent speed too. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Pears said:

In the Pats system Garropolo will be better. But if he's without BB, gimme McCarron. 

• Upvote 1

Packers passon Jared Cook to sign Martellus Bennett. Nice upgrade for A Rod.

Terelle Pryor 1 year 8 mil deal gets almost half of what he was asking for 12 mil a year.

If I am the Giants I go sign Jared Cook now. They need a big time pass catching TE real bad.

NFC South and East is looking bad ass when it comes to receivers. You better have some corners to cover monsters like Pryor,Dez, Alshon,ObJ,Marshall,DJac,Evans, Julio,Benjamin 

Wow just wow. 

The NFC just annihilates the AFC when it comes to talent.

Pats basically gave up nothing for Cooks. Thought that Butler for Cooks was going to happen but instead they keep Butler and acquire Cooks. Pats are looking dangerous yet again and I hope one of the teams in the NFC East stop this team. The Seahawks are working out Latavious Murray, JC, and Lacy this weekend. I will be happy if they end up with any one of the 3. They're very solid RBs and I believe they would fit into the Seahawks offense perfectly. Hope they prevent those Pats from repeating! 

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Upvote 1

On 3/10/2017 at 0:03 AM, gmen81 said:

Titans sign Logan Ryan. 

At times he can be frustrating to watch. Blows covers and is a bit streaky but he is a great physical and feisty CB as others have said. Plays hard every down. He'll be a great add to the Titans D. 

4 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

And that trade for Cooks. WOW. Just leaving work and then I get that notification on my phone. Was getting worried that we're decimating our defence for offence when really, D is where we need help. 

I"m guessing Belichick is drafting D heavy this year

Honestly the Patriots at this point can just be handed the Super Bowl trophy nobody can touch them in the AFC.

The Flacons are mentally crushed. 

It's either Seattle or the Giants as the favorites to meet them in the Super Bowl.

The bigger question is will they finish off the perfect season this time around or will Eli and the Giants mess it up again.

Watch out for Seattle too if healthy they give the Patriots problems.

With Cooks though nobody can just sit on their short passes anymore.

• Upvote 1