The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Foles usually sucks in the first half so if the game is close at half time I'd have the eagles winning it. Patriots/Jags game is gonna be a low scoring affair but I think the patriots will pull it off unless Bortles has the game of his life.

Edited by peaches5

Question for Pats fans:

Do you guys get nervous and stress out before games? Or are you guys like oh well if we lose we already got 5 rings? 

I was a nervous wreck before the KC game, last week against the Pats I wasn't as much considering I didn't think we had much of a chance to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Question for Pats fans:

Do you guys get nervous and stress out before games? Or are you guys like oh well if we lose we already got 5 rings? 

I was a nervous wreck before the KC game, last week against the Pats I wasn't as much considering I didn't think we had much of a chance to begin with. 

I want to win this year just because I don't want to have traded Garappolo away for nothing. If we win this year then it makes trading him sting a little less. That being said this team was god awful to start the year and the fact they are one win away from the superbowl is laughable.

16 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Question for Pats fans:

Do you guys get nervous and stress out before games? 

Oh yeah. Just ask the lady, she hates being around me an hour leading up to a playoff game. 5 rings or not, you still want to see your team win to keep playing and go for a 6th. The NFL has a looong off season and you want to watch your team as long as possible. 

Especially when playing this defense. 

10 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I want to win this year just because I don't want to have traded Garappolo away for nothing. If we win this year then it makes trading him sting a little less. That being said this team was god awful to start the year and the fact they are one win away from the superbowl is laughable.

We were God awful the year we beat Seattle in the super bowl as well. Ahh the good ol' "on to Cincinnati" days 

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

We were God awful the year we beat Seattle in the super bowl as well. Ahh the good ol' "on to Cincinnati" days 

yea but I believe that teams defense was pretty good to start the year and the offense was just pathetic. This year the defense was just atrocious and had no pass rush at all. All though I will admit some guys have stepped up of late. Also that year in Seattle I believe Chandler Jones returned for the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

yea but I believe that teams defense was pretty good to start the year and the offense was just pathetic. This year the defense was just atrocious and had no pass rush at all. All though I will admit some guys have stepped up of late. Also that year in Seattle I believe Chandler Jones returned for the playoffs.

The defense this year had so many new parts and the heart and captain of the defense was knocked out early, it was somewhat expected to take a while to gel (and for Gilmore to learn how to not hold), but they've only gotten better after week 4 and especially in December. 

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Jacksonville executing a perfect game plan. Defense is shutting down all our receivers as expected. Not sure why everyone wrote this off an easy win all week. 

Who was saying it was an easy win? I had a tough time picking this game, wanted Jags but its the Pats. Still not over

1 minute ago, Jiggs50 said:

How in the world is that a pass interference?? Illegal touching sure. Zebras stay ruining games...

You cant push an intended receiver out of bounds.

Also how was Myles Jack not ejected? He literally punched White after the score!

3 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

You cant push an intended receiver out of bounds.

Also how was Myles Jack not ejected? He literally punched White after the score!

He angled him out imo. Ball wasn't even close to catchable. That was a terrrible call. It changed the game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

He angled him out imo. Ball wasn't even close to catchable. That was a terrrible call. It changed the game. 

Angled him out without playing the ball. If he had angled him out with his back and had his chest to the ball, wouldn't of been called. 

Without Gronk this offense is going to have to dig deep into the trick plays to create match ups . Ramsey is about to move over to Cooks.