The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

TRR, you don't gotta keep posting articles.

All us regulars in this thread, whether for or against the Pats, are smart enough to know that a 10.5 PSI, 12.5 PSI or using a nerf ball wouldn't of made a difference in who won.

Yea I know, I'm just putting it out there for people that are mislead and will be able to get a hold of the actual situation. But yea, for the regulars, majority of us get it.

So the Pats scored 17 points in the first half with under inflated ball's and 28 points in the second half with properly inflated ball's? Phew am I glad someone found the problem /end rant.

This is more about intent and breaking rules than about what happened in one game. This isn't the first time they've done this and they don't win all their games by 30+ points if you want to use your cause -> effect rationale for this not being an issue.

How unscrupulous do you have to be to inflate balls to the specs so that the refs put their approval stamp on it and then deflate them afterwards.

Post all the articles you want but that won't change anything. The Pats cheated. Not that it matters to me because they would of won regardless. But apparently the league and the commish are choked. Could see a heavy penalty coming down soon.

It's the intent that's being frowned upon by a lot of people. Some owners are pushing for a harsh penalty too.

Post all the articles you want but that won't change anything. The Pats cheated. Not that it matters to me because they would of won regardless. But apparently the league and the commish are choked. Could see a heavy penalty coming down soon.

It's the intent that's being frowned upon by a lot of people. Some owners are pushing for a harsh penalty too.

Do you have insider information? Because from what the big NFL guys are reporting is that the league isn't even sure if anyone related to the team deflated the balls, and that the league executives are choked that the balls made it into the game.

And who cares about what the commissioner thinks? He's hated so much for non football related things that I'm pretty sure no one is paying to attention to what he has to say or think until he delivers the verdict since that's the only time whatever comes out of his mouth is relevant.

Do you have insider information? Because from what the big NFL guys are reporting is that the league isn't even sure if anyone related to the team deflated the balls,

The quaterback knows when a ball is deflated or inflated. He's the one instructing the equipment manager or someone else on the team to deflate the balls. The league told Lynch that he would be kicked out of the game if he wore his full gold shoes. How about kicking Brady out for circumventing the ref's football integrity check.

The quaterback knows when a ball is deflated or inflated. He's the one instructing the equipment manager or someone else on the team to deflate the balls. The league told Lynch that he would be kicked out of the game if he wore his full gold shoes. How about kicking Brady out for circumventing the ref's football integrity check.

Many QBs - former and present - have come out and said they all took air out or added extra air. Kickers have also come out and said this. So should all starting QBs and Kickers be kicked out in games?

Do you have insider information? Because from what the big NFL guys are reporting is that the league isn't even sure if anyone related to the team deflated the balls, and that the league executives are choked that the balls made it into the game.

And who cares about what the commissioner thinks? He's hated so much for non football related things that I'm pretty sure no one is paying to attention to what he has to say or think until he delivers the verdict since that's the only time whatever comes out of his mouth is relevant.

Nah just saw some tweets. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a significant penalty from what I've read/heard from insiders.

Nah just saw some tweets. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a significant penalty from what I've read/heard from insiders.

I've heard the exact opposite that it'll be a small fine and/or a mid-late round pick following SB Sunday.

If it falls on anyone from the team, I hope it's McDaniels. Lol. Good reason to get him off the team.

Many QBs - former and present - have come out and said they all took air out or added extra air. Kickers have also come out and said this. So should all starting QBs and Kickers be kicked out in games?

The reason they started checking the footballs before games and putting the refs stamp on them was because players were screwing with them. Kickers were the worst offenders so they started using kicking specific balls that the teams have no control over.

It's as simple as punishing people who get caught breaking the rules. Just because no other teams has been caught doing this doesn't mean NE should be given a free pass, especially considering their past history of ignoring league directives when all teams were told not to video tape the opposition and steal their signal calling.

The reason they started checking the footballs before games and putting the refs stamp on them was because players were screwing with them. Kickers were the worst offenders so they started using kicking specific balls that the teams have no control over.

It's as simple as punishing people who get caught breaking the rules. Just because no other teams has been caught doing this doesn't mean NE should be given a free pass, especially considering their past history of ignoring league directives when all teams were told not to video tape the opposition and steal their signal calling.

So it's like bounty gate, where something like that was apparently a norm in the league, but they were the first to get caught.

Though, there's a big difference between putting prices on guys head and causing physical bodily harm and possibly ending careers .. and having 10.5 or 15.5 psi instead of the 12.5-13.5 range.

Yeah, that's how it should work. If you have sufficient proof of wrong doing, you have to discipline the offenders.

The kicking Brady out thing was more about the NFL's double standards than anything else. Of course they're not going to kick Brady out. They would have kicked Lynch out if he wore his gold shoes though. He was told you can't wear the shoes because they break the rules of not conforming to the team's colours. But the league allowed RG3 to wear his camouflage shoes that obviously don't conform to the Redskins colours.

Chris Pratt and Chris Evans are two of the biggest movie stars in America right now. Pratt played Peter Quill, also known as Star-Lord, in last year's Guardians of the Galaxy, the highest-grossing film of the year. Evans, meanwhile, has appeared as Steve Rogers, also known as Captain America, in four Marvel universe films since 2011 and is set to appear in at least two more.

They're also both big football fans. Pratt hails from Seattle and cheers for the Seahawks, while Evans is from Boston and likes the Patriots. First of all, it's pretty coincidental that Captain America happens to be a Patriots fan. Second of all, check out this sequence of tweets between Star-Lord and Captain America that led to an awesome bet on the result of the Super Bowl.

No matter what the mayors of Seattle and Boston decide to wager in the traditional Super Bowl bet, it can't possibly top this.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24982353/chris-pratt-chris-evans-make-awesome-super-bowl-bet

You have to actually click on the link to see the exchange between the two on twitter. Good on them for turning this into a great cause for sick children.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

I've heard the exact opposite that it'll be a small fine and/or a mid-late round pick following SB Sunday.

If it falls on anyone from the team, I hope it's McDaniels. Lol. Good reason to get him off the team.

Yep. It should be $25,000 and a 6th/7th rounder taken away unless Belichick brought a pump out to the field and did it himself.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24982353/chris-pratt-chris-evans-make-awesome-super-bowl-bet

You have to actually click on the link to see the exchange between the two on twitter. Good on them for turning this into a great cause for sick children.

That’s awesome B)

Edited by The Magician