Tony Romo

@ESPNNFL:

Bills projected starting offense:

QB - Matt Cassel

RB - LeSean McCoy

WR - Sammy Watkins

WR - Percy Harvin

TE - Charles Clay

...well rounded offense. Like Cowboys of last year, should take a page out of their book and be run first. Limit Cassels to 30 throws a game and playoffs is very much a possibility. McCoy is a workhorse and can carry the load. No need to pass unnecessarily.

@AdamSchefter:

Dolphins are NOT matching 5-year, $38 million offer sheet that Buffalo gave TE Charles Clay, per sources. Bills have a new TE.

That seems like a pretty big overpayment if you ask me. I think Clay is good but overrated. Fins definitely made the Bills pay the price to get him.

@ESPNNFL:

Bills projected starting offense:

QB - Matt Cassel

RB - LeSean McCoy

WR - Sammy Watkins

WR - Percy Harvin

TE - Charles Clay

...well rounded offense. Like Cowboys of last year, should take a page out of their book and be run first. Limit Cassels to 30 throws a game and playoffs is very much a possibility. McCoy is a workhorse and can carry the load. No need to pass unnecessarily.

They should be run first but I don't see them as really relatable to the Cowboys. The Cowboys had the best offensive line in the NFL and Romo who is leagues better than Cassel. Cassel himself has not played well in recent years even despite playing with RB's in Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles. If Cassel doesn't up his game then teams will just overload the line and keep McCoy in check knowing Cassel can't carry the offense.

Defense will likely be what makes or breaks them. They were the #4 defense last year so basically if the offense can just manage to be decent even 17 points would win them most games.

However they should likely be careful about LeSean's workload. Outside of RB's shelf lives being short he has carried the ball more than 300+ times his last 2 seasons. As far as recent memory big name workload RB's go... Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Michael Turner, Frank Gore, Steven Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Demarco Murray, Chris Johnson, Matt Forte... can't think of anymore at the moment... None of these RB's have ever had 3 consecutive 300+ carry seasons.

Doesn't mean LeSean can't do it again but it is very rare to see a guy carry such an extreme workload over that period of time. Most of those guys mentioned haven't even done it back to back.

@AdamSchefter:

Dolphins are NOT matching 5-year, $38 million offer sheet that Buffalo gave TE Charles Clay, per sources. Bills have a new TE.

That seems like a pretty big overpayment if you ask me. I think Clay is good but overrated. Fins definitely made the Bills pay the price to get him.

Max earning for Gronk over next 5 years: 40 mill

Max earning for Clay over next 5 years: 38 mill.

Clay will outearn both Gronk and Graham over next 2 years.

Overpayment doesn't begin to describe it lol.

Wth...just saw Fletcher had the most pass break ups in the entire season last year. That's hard to believe! Anyways happy to have him as we'll take just about anything we can get on the back end. Hope he can turn it around like how Chung did.

Fletcher goes from making 3/4 of a mill last year to $2.5 with the Pats. BB loves overpaying for these types of borderline players lol. Whatever, he's brinkng in a lot of competition, will be more to come with the draft and it'll up the compete level of everyone hopefully.

I'm watching the AFC div game and Fletcher is looking really good. Revis on the other hand has been burnt and gave up a penalty, oh and Browner was an automatic flag obviously, just like every game last season.

I'm watching the AFC div game and Fletcher is looking really good. Revis on the other hand has been burnt and gave up a penalty, oh and Browner was an automatic flag obviously, just like every game last season.

To be fair, that Revis pass interference penalty was bs. That exact same play happened the following week against the Colts and no flag was called. If anything it shouldn't have been PI, should have been illegal contact. But whatever, it happened. Can't change the fact.

Besides, the other time he was beat was cuz he ran into a ref. All other times, Revis was doing his job, neutralizing their "best" receiver.

Edited by Apple Juice

If you are complaining about Revis then idk what you'll say when you see Fletcher play

Oh and that Edelman td throw to Amendola in the 3rd was so sweet.

Play brings a smile to my fave everytime. So clutch...I remember watching it at the Hawks stadium (went to watch Hawks-Panthers playoff game with cousin) and everyone's jaws dropped, everyone at a loss of words and then going wild. Gave me goose bumps when I saw it. Turning point of the game for sure. Entire momentum swang and the stadium (Gillette) was rocking. You could just see it was meant to be a win :]]]

The Bills are circumventing the salary cap by a million dollars.

The deal they signed Percy Harvin to was for 3 years with the last two years voidable by the team. So they took his 3 million dollar signing bonus and spread it out over the contract in order to shave 2 million dollars off of his cap hit this year. So after the season they'll void the remainder of the contract and will have only paid him $4 Million dollars for one year instead of $24 Million over three years as was reported.

Sneakyyyyy:

Signing bonus: $3,000,000
2015 season:
Base salary: $2.9 million (fully guaranteed)
Signing bonus proration: $1 million
Workout bonus: $100,000
Cap number: $4 million

2016 season (voidable):
Base salary: $9 million
Cap number: $10 million

2017 season (voidable):
Base salary: $9 million
Cap number: $10 million

In essence, it's actually only a 1-year $4Million contract and not a 3-year/$24 million contract that people have been reporting.

The best part is that the way that it's structured, the "dead cap" money penalty is only 2 million dollars over '16, and 1 million dollars in '17!!!!!

Hope this veteran combine can help land Michael Bush a job. I've always liked him, and usually snagged him in the last round of fantasy drafts because he'd always steal the TD's from within the 5 yard line from the starting RB.

On my phone so cant post quote but his response to learning he ran a 4.91.

"Well f***. There goes my career"

• Upvote 1

What a joke this veteran combine majority of these guys are CFL or arena league material. The rest are just roster fillers over the summer.

Sad attempt by NFL to stay in the news.

If the NFL wants to waste their time, it's no biggie. We get entertained by out of shape former players who can't beat the 40 yard dash times of a jr. high school track and field competitor and there's also the possibility that the teams that we like will pick up a player or two. These guys would be signed to league minimum contracts as long as teams don't bid against each other.

I would have enjoyed reading about it more though if they brought in Tebow and Terrell Owens.