The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

TextGate? How does texting coaches or personnel on the sideline during the game help? Don't they have headphones for that to communicate with each other from the field to the upper management box? Besides, wouldn't coaches have their phones stowed away in their own office/locker and not have it on the field?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000482496/article/browns-gm-ray-farmer-suspended-4-games-for-texting

Edited by Apple Juice
  • Upvote 1

TextGate? How does texting coaches or personnel on the sideline during the game help? Don't they have headphones for that to communicate with each other from the field to the upper management box? Besides, wouldn't coaches have their phones stowed away in their own office/locker and not have it on the field?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000482496/article/browns-gm-ray-farmer-suspended-4-games-for-texting

How about the Falcons getting fined $350,000 and having a 5th round pick taken away from them for pumping in crowd noise over speakers?

How pathetic is that!? Their fans don't cheer loud enough so they cheat in order to hurt the visiting team....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000482500/article/atlanta-falcons-lose-2016-pick-for-pumping-fake-noise

Edited by SabreFan1

I can't understand this either. Unless the nature of the text was 'sit player X' so that we can tank and get a higher draft pick.

How about the Falcons getting fined $350,000 and having a 5th round pick taken away from them for pumping in crowd noise over speakers?

How pathetic is that!? Their fans don't cheer loud enough so they cheat in order to hurt the visiting team....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000482500/article/atlanta-falcons-lose-2016-pick-for-pumping-fake-noise

IMO they should have been a bit harsher on the draft pick

I’ve heard that lots of teams do this though

Edited by The Magician

If it was a certain other team that was caught doing this whose name I won't mention ;) , the "people" would be pleading for the league to take away that team's 1st round pick for the next 5 years, the team be fined the maximum penalty, and that they vacate their wins not knowing that the NFL doesn't do that. :rolleyes:

If it was a certain other team that was caught doing this whose name I won't mention ;) , the "people" would be pleading for the league to take away that team's 1st round pick for the next 5 years, the team be fined the maximum penalty, and that they vacate their wins not knowing that the NFL doesn't do that. :rolleyes:

I can’t even imagine :ph34r:

Eagles sign Miles Austin. Okay move and improves depth, hasn't been the same after his hamstring issues and had only 2 tds with cleveland

Is the draft here yet? Austin is a shell of what he was even 4 years ago. Just veteran depth. Hopefully Cooper is on the bench this year as the #4 receiver because a draft pick takes his spot and Matthews and Huff take the next step in their development.

The real guy(s) will be whoever the Eagles draft at receiver in the first 3 rounds.

Eagles are interested in Nelson Agholor, Jaelen Strong, and Chris Conley.

Who do you want Eagles to draft? Oh yeah Mariota to the Eagles is not happening without gutting the team either.... and Sam Bradford almost

quit football.

Rumor Eagles will package Kendricks and Boykin with their first round pick to try to move up if Mariota falls don't see it happRealistically though, and probably not worth it. They re-signed Demeco Ryans though. Chip loves players with injury histories. Lol

Realistically IMO draft in this order... CB,WR,S,WR,OG,QB,BPA after for depth.

I just really hope they address the glaring areas of need like wr,s,and another corner is really needed since Maxwell is the only one signed after next year.

After that they can go BPA or whatever. Thoughts?

They should look into Seattle too ;) Been rumours that Seattle pumps in music of fake crowd noise to help with the 12th man

Idk if I wanted Mariotta, I wouldn't be against it because I believe Kelly has a vision. I'm alright with Bradford who I've been watching and is an upgrade over foles IF he stays healthy and our recievers improve.

I'd be okay with that draft order but I just expect the unexpected with Kelly

Idk if I wanted Mariotta, I wouldn't be against it because I believe Kelly has a vision. I'm alright with Bradford who I've been watching and is an upgrade over foles IF he stays healthy and our recievers improve.

I'd be okay with that draft order but I just expect the unexpected with Kelly

I guess but it makes me anxious as to what the Eagles might give away just to try to get Mariota.

Is the draft here yet? Austin is a shell of what he was even 4 years ago. Just veteran depth. Hopefully Cooper is on the bench this year as the #4 receiver because a draft pick takes his spot and Matthews and Huff take the next step in their development.

The real guy(s) will be whoever the Eagles draft at receiver in the first 3 rounds.

Eagles are interested in Nelson Agholor, Jaelen Strong, and Chris Conley.

Who do you want Eagles to draft? Oh yeah Mariota to the Eagles is not happening without gutting the team either.... and Sam Bradford almost

quit football.

Rumor Eagles will package Kendricks and Boykin with their first round pick to try to move up if Mariota falls don't see it happRealistically though, and probably not worth it. They re-signed Demeco Ryans though. Chip loves players with injury histories. Lol

Realistically IMO draft in this order... CB,WR,S,WR,OG,QB,BPA after for depth.

I just really hope they address the glaring areas of need like wr,s,and another corner is really needed since Maxwell is the only one signed after next year.

After that they can go BPA or whatever. Thoughts?

I wouldn't get to worked up over the Mariota rumors. They are just rumors and there have been about 382 different rumors involving Mariota to the Eagles by now. Also keep in mind the Philadelphia media has an ugly reputation of making faulty leaps of logic and sometimes just making things up. Even the most known Philly reporters who push many of these rumors all have questionable ethics and faulty reports in the past. I could literally show you a few current examples from the last month of how bad some big reports in Philly can be if you wish.

With that being said Chip who already gets heat from the local media because of how little he tells them already came out and said though he has an interest in Mariota the price was to high and he would not sellout the future for him. In addition he remarked saying the rumors were created by the media and not him. He could always change his mind or simply lie but given boths reputations and the wild variety of rumors on one subject I would give Chip the benefit of the doubt on this one.

As far as Mariota himself goes he is unpredictable now. Most mock drafts and reports have him going anywhere from #2 overall to as low as #17. The price to move up drops considerably the more he falls and one very common thing in NFL drafts is many QB's have fallen considerably in drafts. If he does in fact slip past those 1st few teams and hits that 10th and beyond territory his price may no longer be that steep. For example last season the #20 pick was traded for the #27 and a 3rd rounder. Those mid range picks aren't so bad.

I wouldn't worry to much about the teams holes right now though. Obviously some will be fixed at the draft and even if all aren't every team even the elite ones still has weak positions. Chemistry is also something we can't predict yet. It isn't uncommon for certain players to bring out more in specific players and that could be the case. Similar to how Cooper became relevant with Foles and how Matthews became relevant with Sanchez.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Cooper came out and stepped up his game. He has been utterly ripped apart by the fans this year and seemed to have repeated heated moments with teammates. The only reason he has a job right now is because he is a larger cap hit for the Eagles if they cut him. If Cooper values his career or simply money he would be inclined to really bust his ass this year.

I myself can't wait for next season to be here I am excited to see this developing product. on the field.

A rare attitude in a WR these days.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/03/jordan-matthews-doesnt-want-to-be-eagles-no-1-receiver/

“People ask me about being the No. 1 wide receiver; Forget it. I want us to be a receiving corps. That’s what I want it to be,” Matthews said, via the Philadelphia Inquirer. “I don’t think one ‘No. 1 wide receiver’ was in the Super Bowl this year, but they’re two Super Bowl-winning teams that have receiving corps that work their butts off, that block in the run game, that catch the ball when they have to. Whatever public perception about what they think we should look like or what they think we need, if we go out there and put a product on the field that wins games, then we can change all perceptions.”