The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Buffalo native Rob Gronkowski: I haven't spent one dime of my NFL earnings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has been known to enjoy the youth, fame and money that comes with being a 26-year-old NFL Pro Bowler. And in an upcoming book, Gronk regales readers with stories of bachelorette parties and frat-house brawls.

In the #SummerofGronk, which typically runs from February to July, none of this is surprising. What is, however, is that Gronkowski, in all his meathead-ed glory, is financially astute. So much so that the sixth-year player has yet to spend any of his NFL earnings.

“To this day, I still haven't touched one dime of my signing bonus or NFL contract money," Gronkowski writes, via TheMMQB.com's Robert Klemko, who got an advanced copy of the book. "I live off my marketing money and haven't blown it on any big-money expensive cars, expensive jewelry or tattoos and still wear my favorite pair of jeans from high school… I don't hurt anyone (except Gord with the occasional kick to the groin), I don't do drugs, I don't drive drunk, I don't break the law… I'm ... just looking to have a fun time.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25222010/rob-gronkowski-i-havent-spent-one-dime-of-my-nfl-earnings?ftag=YHR6f8d662

Looking like a true role model the NFL needs.

Edited by Mr. Ambien
  • Upvote 1

LOL @ Sanders for saying the Patriots shouldn't be SB Champs.

Everyone does whatever they can to win right?

Guess he forgot this time: "WR Emmanuel Sanders fined a total of $50K for him faking an injury" Cheater!

Was looking at the Texans schedule to see if they were going to be playing in Seattle this year but they weren't.... Then I look back and when they were in Seattle to play the Hawks last time around and they haven't played a regular season game in Seattle since the 2005 season.

hes completely broke. Almost $70 million in career earnings gone. He needed that show just to keep a roof over his head. He coulda learned a lot from Gronk on saving his money.

If there weren't so many idiots like Owens, people like Gronk wouldn't be a story.

Apparently he ran a 4.35 or something last year. Freak of nature man. Just unreal how he looks for his age.

The guy also suffers from Dissociative identity disorder i.e. multiple personality disorder, and seems to cope with it really well.

He has tried to get rid of the stigma of mental illness. He was quoted as saying.

"I would say that we wear different hats in different situations. You have a white hat for your home life. You have a red hat for work. As an athlete, you’ve got a green hat for competition. But with DID, your hats get all mixed up, meaning that your hat for competition has now become your home hat, your home hat has become your work hat, your work hat has become some other hat and so on. DID is a coping mechanism to help you overcome something."

hes completely broke. Almost $70 million in career earnings gone. He needed that show just to keep a roof over his head. He coulda learned a lot from Gronk on saving his money.

Don't let some of the old reports out there fool you. He still has some cash left but he had to sell most of the the stuff (cars, houses, etc.) he accrued over the years. Like the rest of us, he has to live within his means now. Not to mention he gets a 6 figure pension every year.

No football player since the last CBA can cry poverty anymore after they retire. It's the old players that helped build the NFL into what it is today that have gone broke and homeless. They've been slowly passing away over the last 10-15 years or so.

If there weren't so many idiots like Owens, people like Gronk wouldn't be a story.

He let the people around him screw him over. That and over-spending will get you every time. You just know that the same thing is going to eventually happen to Mayweather. He's made 9 figures over the years, but he spends it like crazy.

Yeah. Just didn't think Desean Jackson would be like that. After watchig it I can see why the Eagles gave up on him, he even blasted the Eagles

If you want to play ghetto boy and hang around gang members on your time off, be prepared to take the consequences. No team wants the next potential Hernandez. Except for the Redskins I suppose...

If you want to play ghetto boy and hang around gang members on your time off, be prepared to take the consequences. No team wants the next potential Hernandez. Except for the Redskins I suppose...

Lol you believe that? Chip Kelly just didn't want his big salary on the books. Oh and he spoke out a little, and Chip doesn't want that.

Lol you believe that? Chip Kelly just didn't want his big salary on the books. Oh and he spoke out a little, and Chip doesn't want that.

It was definitely more than a big salary. Kelce said on twitter "We just made an extremely unpopular decision today, but I couldn't be more excited and happy with where this organization is going!!!" No player would be happy about a pro bowler leaving for salary reasons unless there was issues.

His mom didn't even want him to hang with his friends on the show cause they have no jobs and look like gangbangers on the show

It was definitely more than a big salary. Kelce said on twitter "We just made an extremely unpopular decision today, but I couldn't be more excited and happy with where this organization is going!!!" No player would be happy about a pro bowler leaving for salary reasons unless there was issues.

His mom didn't even want him to hang with his friends on the show cause they have no jobs and look like gangbangers on the show

Well haven't heard anything negative about him from the Redskins yet. Not every player is going like each other. So one player's tweet doesn't mean that much imo.

He admitted it when he was asked. There's no believing or disbelieving involved.