The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-Signing] Eddie Lack signs 2 year deal

Great to see The Stork back in the fold; it would've been unfortunate if he had walked away. I like the sound of one year in the A then one year with the big club, so he won't have to rush to join the Canucks.

With Eddie back in place, hopefully that means the whole Lu situation FINALLY gets resolved!

Great news - surprised he signed for so little (if spending another year in the AHL with that two-way first year of the deal) - quite an incentive to make the Canucks.

HIs agent may have said he would benefit from another year in the AHL, but Dave Gagner has said that he is ready for the NHL.

I'd like to see the Canucks give him a shot with the backup job. He has done as much time as Schneider had before joining the Canucks, and actually had better numbers.

Ok fine. Uncle. Schneider played 136 regular season games to Lack's 99 in the AHL, and Schneider played more AHL playoff games. Lack had a season in the SEL before signing over here. Lack is the same age Schneider was when he stepped up to the NHL... Baz whatever trophy or not, Lack's two full seasons with .926 and .925 sv % are damn impressive - and his numbers are actually as good or better than Schneider's were in the AHL (.919, .928, .916).

Dave Gagner considers him NHL ready. I don't doubt it.

Archived