The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And this was supposed to be the party to keep the Church and State separate.

Was, being the key word I guess.

What a kick in the ass to their non-religious and not to mention arab/palestinian party members.

There isn't a facepalm big enough to describe my take on this.

And this was supposed to be the party to keep the Church and State separate.

Was, being the key word I guess.

What a kick in the ass to their non-religious and not to mention arab/palestinian party members.

There isn't a facepalm big enough to describe my take on this.

"The United States of America should have a foundation free from the influence of clergy."

-- President George Washington

"Is uniformity attainable? Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites."

-- Thomas Jefferson, from "Notes on Virginia"

“Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise, every expanded prospect.”

-- President James Madison

“Let us with caution induIge the supposition that moraIity can be maintained without reIigion."

-- President Washington

"I wish it (Christianity) were more productive of good works ... I mean real good works ... not holy-day keeping, sermon-hearing ... or making long prayers, filled with flatteries and compliments despised by wise men, and much less capable of pleasing the Deity."

-- Benjamin Franklin, Works, Vol. VII, p. 75

“The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of EUR0PE with BL00D for centuries.”

-- President James Madison

“As the government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”

-- President John Adams in the treaty of Tripoli

“…that our civil rights have no dependence on our religious opinions.”

-- President Thomas Jefferson

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.”

-- First Amendment to US Constitution

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a prlest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of lgnorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."

-- President Thomas Jefferson 1813

Archived