The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Sedin at Metrotown

sangalicious

The last time the EB Games at Metrotown did this was complete garbage. I pre-ordered the game from there, stood in the correct line up and never got in. Thousands rushed the doors because the staff were completely disorganized. Almost like they didn't realize the Canucks are popular and that many people would show up. They had no line up, then they moved the line up twice, then there was no line up, just a mob.

Not too mention the cover was only for the PS3 version and not the XBOX version. Which was never mentioned when I pre-ordered the XBOX version.

That incident made me never want to give business to EB Games (especially that location because they were the sole organizers).

I don't know anyone that would be that desperate for a signature from Henrik to endure the mess that went on there 2 years ago.

Honestly, the Canucks draw a huge crowd now so crowd management is extremely important. Hopefully, they'll have a good handle on things and it will be organized.

I believe that, for events like this involving the Canucks, a $5-$10 donation per entrance should be implemented, with the money going to Canuck Place. That way, some would give it a pass and the hounds who go for no other reason than to collect autographs for profit would have to also contribute.

A line up is usually pretty ineffective...hordes of enthusiastic eager beavers often do rush the line or conveniently join in with friends ahead of them. So it's pretty unfair to those trying to do it fairly and they get left in the dust at times.

(PS: it's not a crime to not be able to distinguish between Danrik. Heniel. Oh, never mind. The point being you may be taking life too seriously if it "angers" you when people can't)

(edited for brevity)

I believe that, for events like this involving the Canucks, a $5-$10 donation per entrance should be implemented, with the money going to Canuck Place. That way, some would give it a pass and the hounds who go for no other reason than to collect autographs for profit would have to also contribute.

I understand your frustration, but wouldn't that just mean people profiting from the autographs would just make a small amount less whereas people already unable to afford jerseys and game tickets would also not even be able to get an autograph from their favorite player because they can't afford the fee?

I too wish there was a way to force adults to behave like decent human beings with regard for other people but I don't think there is. That's what parents are for.

I don't think so....I believe that many whose only intentions are profit won't go if something dips into that. I mean, they don't make an arm and a leg off these and they're limited to one/per. If it means $5-10 less and they have to pay for gas (as well as go through the hassle), it may deter them.

However, the die hard fan who IS willing to stand for hours is likely committed enough to pay a nominal fee to ensure they get included.

I don't think so....I believe that many whose only intentions are profit won't go if something dips into that. I mean, they don't make an arm and a leg off these and they're limited to one/per. If it means $5-10 less and they have to pay for gas (as well as go through the hassle), it may deter them.

However, the die hard fan who IS willing to stand for hours is likely committed enough to pay a nominal fee to ensure they get included.

Archived