The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

iPhone 5 will be announced tomorrow at 10AM

GLASSJAW

i actually like the maps themselves, I haven't used them for navigation, but they helped me find some good fishing spots on the local river. loving the 3d zoom in and rotation. though, i never used the old maps since this is my first smartphone, so I have nothing to compare it to. I use my tomtom for navigation, so i'd rather save on data and NOT use the navigation.

I think it's a stance apple haters are using to slam the apple iphone5. Some are actually pretending they own the ip5 and say THE MAP FEATURE SUCKS. Yes, it's true, normal addresses it might not be able to find, but its not a big deal as people are saying. Over exaggerated. Because at this point, other then the map feature, the phone is wonderful. Android users will NEVER admit this, and yes, it's faster then the s3. Also you can still use normal google map through the browser at this point. But that map function is the map of the future. mark my words. I used it to google places like rogers arena, playland, its wonderful map feature. Just needs fixing.

How am I a Samsung fan boy when I actually like the Lumia 920 by Nokia? I just like the most innovative phones that work properly, not really a fan of any company. I will buy the products that are considered the best not products that have the most hype.

You want to know why I think Lumia 920 is the best?

Here is their mapping solution:

Compare this to the gimmicky non-functional Apple maps and tell me how iPhone 5 is the perfect phone. What I don't understand is people following others like a sheep to buy a product based on the logo and hype but not based on specs and features. I mean Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG, Motorola and Blackberry are all good reputable companies too but it seems Apple is the only company people go with even if their products become inferior compared to other companies.

I think it's a stance apple haters are using to slam the apple iphone5. Some are actually pretending they own the ip5 and say THE MAP FEATURE SUCKS. Yes, it's true, normal addresses it might not be able to find, but its not a big deal as people are saying. Over exaggerated. Because at this point, other then the map feature, the phone is wonderful. Android users will NEVER admit this, and yes, it's faster then the s3. Also you can still use normal google map through the browser at this point. But that map function is the map of the future. mark my words. I used it to google places like rogers arena, playland, its wonderful map feature. Just needs fixing.

Hey, I bet you these guys don't even have iphones, but jsut android users pretending to be ex Iphone users who say they are moving on to a different phone. Gauranteed. I've seen this one too many times, to finally believe these guys are probably android users lying. At least half these guys who say, "i am switching to the s3" are probably apple haterse pretending to be iphone users saying they are moving on.

Out of all the iphone users I know, I only know of 2 people actually switching over to android. The rest are saying. IOS is not perfect, either is the android. There's really no point in moving on the a android phone, when whatever android can do, the ihpone5 can do the same. The 3dmap is glitchy. I admit that too. But I love it. It will and can be fixed. Right now over blown by apple haters saying, THEIR MAP SUCKS! true! it's not working. So? stick with google maps until they fix it!

One of my spoiled high school friends, uses iphone4s, even though he admit not much changes to the ip5, he will stick with apple, and I also asked him, does he know anyones swithching from an ip to an androi.

Anyways, I will keep a neutral stance. However these apple users are hell annoying.

How am I a Samsung fan boy when I actually like the Lumia 920 by Nokia? I just like the most innovative phones that work properly, not really a fan of any company. I will buy the products that are considered the best not products that have the most hype.

You want to know why I think Lumia 920 is the best?

Compare this to the gimmicky non-functional Apple maps and tell me how iPhone 5 is the perfect phone. What I don't understand is people following others like a sheep to buy a product based on the logo and hype but not based on specs and features. I mean Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG, Motorola and Blackberry are all good reputable companies too but it seems Apple is the only company people go with even if their products become inferior compared to other companies.

<p>

<br />

Hey, I bet you these guys don&#39;t even have iphones, but jsut android users pretending to be ex Iphone users who say they are moving on to a different phone.  Gauranteed.  I&#39;ve seen this one too many times, to finally believe these guys are probably android users lying.   At least half these guys who say, &quot;i am switching to the s3&quot; are probably apple haterse pretending to be iphone users saying they are moving on.<br />

<br />

Out of all the iphone users I know, I only know of 2 people actually switching over to android.  The rest are saying.  IOS is not perfect, either is the android.   There&#39;s really no point in moving on the a android phone, when whatever android can do, the ihpone5 can do the same.  The 3dmap is glitchy.  I admit that too.  But I love it.  It will and can be fixed.  Right now over blown by apple haters saying, THEIR MAP SUCKS!  true! it&#39;s not working.  So?  stick with google maps until they fix it!<br />

<br />

One of my spoiled high school friends, uses iphone4s, even though he admit not much changes to the ip5, he will stick with apple, and I also asked him, does he know anyones swithching from an ip to an androi. <br />

<br />

Anyways, I will keep a neutral stance.  However these apple users are hell annoying.<br />

<p>

<br />

Have owned every iPhone up to the iPhone 4, no more my next phone will not be an iPhone. New maps suck, miss the old YouTube app, tired of having to use iTunes etc. plus I&#39;m getting the new surface tablet and want a phone running windows 8. Also not wanting to support apple after the latest debacle with Samsung<br />

Part of my rationale for switching from iPhone to S3 was i got sick of apples behaviour towards other companies. It never a good sign when someone choses to battle on multiple fronts. Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Samsung etc

Plus the flexibility Of being able to see flash, upgrade and switch out memory cards, being able to carry extra batteries for when i travel Etc.

There's nothing neutral about your stance. It's as clear as day. Do you honestly believe all the people claiming they are switching to Android are just a bunch of liars?

You're taking the fanboyism to a whole other level.

And yeah, Apple's maps suck. There is no real point in Apple trying to fix it. Shouldn't have bothered with it in the first place.

<p>

<br />

Its just an oppinon.  Heard it over the internet one too many times.  I just want to see an honest apple iphone5 review.  However as usual, comments at the bottom of the article will have a apple hater who probably didn&#39;t even touch the ip5 yet saying, it sucks blah blah blah blah and going all out on picking on every little flaw it has, and making it sound as terrible as possible.  A lot of them are even posting, &quot;I am moving to the s3&quot;<br />

<br />

I&#39;ve seen this one too many times, to actually even believe this anymore.  That being said this is in my own oppinon.  out of all the apple users I know, I know of 1 person that is actually switching to the &quot;s3&quot;  So at this point, I can only depend on reviews on the apple iphone 5 (cnet for example) rather then oppoinons online, and I rely on asking people I know that uses the iphone.  all of them say they are happy with it, and have no intentions of switching over.  <br />

<br />

ip5 is like the VAncouver Canucks, and sidney crosby.  The best but very hated because they are &quot;one&quot; of the best.  There is also a noticeable pattern i notice in people saying &quot;i am moving to the s3&quot;  Really dude?  they are making it sound like thats the only android phone out there.  Anyways<br />

<br />

Anyways, I find it extremely annoying these apple haters are trolling every ip5 review article out there.  It comes to a point were, screw this.   No android for me.<br />

<br />

It&#39;s Nokia Limia 820 or ip5.  BTW, it will be my first smart phone.<br />

<br />

ttul<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

I doubt he actually ever owned an iphone.   One of the dumb moves of moving to different phone is, all thsoe apps you purchased go to waste.   Just another guy using the &quot;I&#39;m switching to an s3&quot; probably an android user upgrading to an s3, or just anotehr saying, &quot;I use to own iphone.  I switch to s3&quot;<br />

<br />

In hopes to pursuade people to think the iphone sucks.  despite little changes, it is not a bad phone at all.<br />

<br />

<br />

I personally think apple is using the &quot;if it aint broke, don&#39;t fix it.&quot; approach.  overall everyone that was using the iphone4s and ios5 is pleased with what they are using, thus the minor changes, I don&#39;t know.   Maybe everyone has high expections for apple, since they are also this much hated, they will make a big deal out of little changes.  Iphone5 is just another phone.  not sure what the big deal is.   Just more apple haters being whinny.    It&#39;s kinda unfair, how they also have to voice their oppinon on anything appleiphone5 related, EVERYWERE. hell sakes. go away.<br />

Archived