The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Victoria Royals Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Totally, the kids always want to do chuck a puck or whatever 2nd intermission fundraiser is going on. Also, I'm a sucker for 50/50 tickets because we've had to sell them so many times and I feel obligated to support the teams (and parents) on duty that night. Selling 50/50 is always for a good cause, but a "royal" pain in the butt.

I have a standing deal with the nieces and nephew.  If I win the 50/50, I'll buy ice cream after the game.

I started it when they were way younger so they wouldn't want to bail on the game early.  Now it's a tradition.  Sadly, I have never had to pay up on that promise yet.  ::D

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

as someone who has gone to games since season one, I can verify that prices in the concession have gone up a lot in price. Drinks have gone down in size over the years as well (without going down in price) which is bad.

Anyways, I was surprised to see this GM move too. Although the Royals have never made it past the second round, I thought they had always done fine. We'll see how this goings I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hearing a lot of fans are giving up season tickets & ticket packs, and just in general people are no longer going to games anymore. the team seems to have no direction and ownership hasn't shown any interest in the team since they fired general manager Cameron Hope when the pandemic started. The Royals haven't won a game since October, they have lost 11 straight, and have been shut out in back to back games now for the second time this season.

5 hours ago, Roberts said:

hearing a lot of fans are giving up season tickets & ticket packs, and just in general people are no longer going to games anymore. the team seems to have no direction and ownership hasn't shown any interest in the team since they fired general manager Cameron Hope when the pandemic started. The Royals haven't won a game since October, they have lost 11 straight, and have been shut out in back to back games now for the second time this season.

Yeah not sure what they are doing right now even some of the trades they made are pretty odd too. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah not sure what they are doing right now even some of the trades they made are pretty odd too. 

they've acquired a few mid-to-late round draft picks and thats all really, no major trades yet unfortunately

• Cheers 1

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Going to my third Royals game since moving to Victoria a couple of months ago.

Thinking of @Roberts jersey design, so I’m wearing a Salmon Kings Jersey that I got at a. Auction in Vernon.

Go Royals.

Great tying goal but shoot out loss. Too bad! It was a good game.

Looking at the Royals' roster, they have a 15 year old and a 16 year old defenseman on their team!?!  Jerrett Ross is the 15 year old, and Seth Fryer is the 16 year old.  That's pretty crazy 

Kelem Parker is listed as a right shot d-man slated to be picked late in the 2023 draft.  

Any thoughts on these players?  I kinda wish I caught a game when I was in Victoria last month. 

• 6 months later...