The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

you make it sound like finding another Steve Austin is easy.

Not my intention. And there can only be one Austin.

But finding an antihero that can get over with the crowd won't be hard. Look how over Ambrose is. Imagine if he was the one feuding with Orton? I guarantee he would look a lot less green than Reigns.

Not my intention. And there can only be one Austin.

But finding an antihero that can get over with the crowd won't be hard. Look how over Ambrose is. Imagine if he was the one feuding with Orton? I guarantee he would look a lot less green than Reigns.

This is true I see a lot of potential with Reigns just hope they don't rush him anymore than they already have.

The Rock thought Hornswoggle was a Make a Wish kid.

Bahahahahahaha

If you haven't heard the story of Hornswoggle and The Rock having heat with each other, today's your lucky day. That's because the latter gave an interview to AlternativeNation.net and explained the situation in detail, even going so far as to reveal the conversation that took place between the two when they finally cleared the air.

Hornswoggle had caused a fuss when he called out Rock for having wrist notes during a promo on Raw after he came back for his feud with John Cena. When "The Great One" approached Hornswoggle, here's how the conversation went

The Rock: Why you got to call me out like that?

Hornswoggle:
The first time I met you, you thought I was a Make a Wish kid.

The Rock: What!?

Hornswoggle: Y
eah, I met you backstage the night you came back in [Anaheim], when you were revealed as the guest host for WrestleMania, and you thought I was a Make a Wish kid. You tapped me on the shoulder and said, ‘Did you have a good time tonight buddy?' Then you walked off and you realized it, then you said to Big Show, ‘Hornswoggle thinks I thought he was a Make a Wish kid, and I did think he was.'

Hornswoggle:
So I don't pull any punches now when I say things about you. Because you are so out of the loop, I've been on TV for 8 years now, and you thought I was a visitor?

The Rock: Yeah, yeah I did. Not gonna lie.

It's noted that the two "hashed everything out" and are on good terms now. Considering the circumstances, Hornswoggle had a fairly good reason to be upset, no? Still, imagining that story actually playing out backstage at a WWE show is good for a laugh.

They give Cena more merchandise because he sells more merchandise why is that so bloody hard for you to understand? The numbers back that up and have for years as long as people keep buying it they will keep making it. It really floors me that you blind yourself so much with the anti Cena crap it blinds you from the facts. And again I'm not a Cena fan, just calling it like I see it.

Its not just about him getting the most merch. Its about the others not getting nearly the opportunity he gets. Others are held down so that this can continue to be an excuse for Cena. Again, give him Damien Sandow booking for the next year, even if he keeps the same amount of merch pieces, and you tell me he would still sell the same amount in a year from now.

Its nothing special about him that sells merch, its the character, the superhero, it the way he's booked, its not some innate ability to draw people in (as you can easily tell by looking at the ratings the past 10 years).

Another merch seller could be made, hell if they actually tried to make Daniel Bryan someone he could have easily been moving the most merch.

I know you are replying to Smashian, but I get the sense you think they couldn't make another John Cena. John Cena the person is nothing special. His gimmick can be used with any good looking, muscular, white (yes, I went there) dude.

The face of the WWE will sell the most merchandise. Right now, it's Cena. But I think having an antihero like Austin as the face of the company--instead of someone like Cena/Hogan--will generate more revenue. I would also find it more exciting.

Agreed.

you make it sound like finding another Steve Austin is easy.

Different comparison, Austin had a ton of talent forced the WWE in a position where they had to use him, Cena has mediocre talent and is only big in some people's eyes because of the way he's been overpushed, the way he's been booked and those types of things.

If Batista returns it will be to work a program and retirement match with HHH at WM31.

- In an update on the recent reports of Batista possibly not returning to WWE due to the success of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, people close to Batista say he still feels let down and unhappy with how WWE booked his return earlier this year. It was noted to PWInsider that if he returns to WWE at all, it will be to begin a program for WrestleMania 31. Batista has expressed interest in working a retirement match against Triple H but there has been no word from within WWE that they might go in that direction.

The Rock thought Hornswoggle was a Make a Wish kid.

Bahahahahahaha

hahahahah visualizing that exchange while reading it makes it even more funny. I could even easily see it as a promo The Rock would have cut on him if he was around back in the attitude era :bigblush:

Edited by AfterMath35

Sandow is a great talker, but he's too generic as a wrestler. Nothing really stands out when he's in the ring, aside from his theatrical elbow and cartwheels. Maybe that's why Vince and the creative team don't see him as a top guy for the company. They could literally pick hundreds of Sandows off the Indy circuit.

Sandow was really onto something when he had that MITB.

Just something simple like the his shirt "Therefore I am better than you" was gold, this dude on the mic was entertaining, and he wasn't horrible in the ring either, I think with that character he could really have been an entertaining heel.

Its a shame what has happened to him really.

TNA's product is amazing right now though.

Agreed, I came into to post about the 3 Way tag match last Wednesday, just watched it now and what a match that was.

So entertaining and all 3 teams came out of it looking great.

Didn't you see what Brock did to Cena? If brock faced someone like DB I can't imagine what kind of squash match that would be

I agree, but I will say, one thing Bryan has going for him is, if you think back to wrestlemania and all the obstacles he had to overcome in that show to end the night with the title, they put him over strong, and you could have him channel that level of performence in a storytelling aspect if he were to have a match wiht Brock.

For me, I would still have Brock win, but have Bryan come close in a barn burner of a match, in a way where they both come out smelling like roses.

I'm just waiting for Kurt Angle to comeback and kick Rusev's ass. Did anybody else catch Lana saying "you suck!" could it be a hint towards the return of Kurt Angle??

It would be huge if he did comeback to destroy Rusev then challenged for the title or something.

Yep. It would a) Be a solid return feud for Kirk Angel and B) Make Rusev a lil more relevant, cuz it ain't happenin vs Swagger.

Man hearing Angle's music hit again would be unreal!

I'm just waiting for Kurt Angle to comeback and kick Rusev's ass. Did anybody else catch Lana saying "you suck!" could it be a hint towards the return of Kurt Angle??

It would be huge if he did comeback to destroy Rusev then challenged for the title or something.

From all reports it sounds like Angle approached the WWE about a return and Triple H declined it, which I fully understand. The dude has been a trainwreck of a person for years now and if he keeps going on a downward spiral, which could very well happem, the WWE would be wise to not have him on the payroll when it happens. I honestly doubt we will ever see Kurt Angle in a WWE ring again unless something drastic happens.

If what Nikki is saying about Brie is true (kayfabe) then Brie is a horrible person and should really be the heel. Brie hasn't denied any of what Nikki has said.

WWE is once again teasing Steph/AJ feud.

The Bunny can throw down. Maybe he'll start having a few matches of his own.

Ryder and Gabriel have been rumored to have been playing the bunny.

tumblr_nb938850SX1rdx8ebo1_500.gif

Edited by J529

If what Nikki is saying about Brie is true (kayfabe) then Brie is a horrible person and should really be the heel. Brie hasn't denied any of what Nikki has said.

10 seconds into her promo last night Brie said "Is this why you've been telling lies about me all night long". I'm pretty sure that was spposed to imply Nikki was lying about everything.

But god this has to be one of the worst angles they've done in years. No one gives two craps about the Bellas. They can't wrestle, they can't act, they can't work the mic. And for some god damn reason they always enunciate the last word in their sentences really loudly. "I wish you would have died in the WOMMMMB". Just terrible.