The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

AJ Lee is out of action due to injury.

AJ Lee is currently out of action with an injury. She had been working hurt so they could wrap up the feud with Divas Champion Nikki Bella. WWE officials were planning on doing a significant injury angle to write AJ off TV but that was nixed for an unknown reason. AJ being away is why Naomi and Natalya were moved into contendership for Nikki's title. Original plans had Naomi challenging Nikki but they may go with Natalya. The belief within WWE is that AJ will be back in 2015 some time.

WWE has a "No CM Punk" policy.

According to several people I have spoken with who work at the venue WWE will be running for the January 31st live event in Canada, and the live event taking place on 12/26 at Madison Square Garden, WWE is adhering to a strict “No CM Punk” policy.

I was informed by security staff at both venues that WWE will not allow fans to wear CM Punk merchandise or carry CM Punk signs. If they do, they will be asked by security to change their clothes, remove their signs, or they will be asked to leave the venue.

WZ reader Darius Williams sent in word that during last night’s Raw taping in Minnesota, at least 5 fans were spotted being kicked out for violating the de facto “CM Punk policy,” and security guards could be seen confiscating numerous CM Punk signs.

I was actually really enjoying Raw tonight and wasn`t really ever bored....and then they had to end the show.

What a fresh and original idea. I mean really, was anyone clamoring for The Authority to come back?!? It's been 5 weeks!!!

On top of that, Ziggler and Stings heroism in that match doesn`t even matter anymore. It means absolutely nothing because the damn company can`t stick to stipulations for more than 2 months. Hell, even Brock Lesnar was sitting in the background looking like a big chump.

I sense a huge crowd backlash to this garbage and it`s going to be epic.

• Upvote 1

I was actually really enjoying Raw tonight and wasn`t really ever bored....and then they had to end the show.

What a fresh and original idea. I mean really, was anyone clamoring for The Authority to come back?!? It's been 5 weeks!!!

On top of that, Ziggler and Stings heroism in that match doesn`t even matter anymore. It means absolutely nothing because the damn company can`t stick to stipulations for more than 2 months. Hell, even Brock Lesnar was sitting in the background looking like a big chump.

Preach on my brotha preach on couldn't have said it better myself when Christian was knocked down and edge was on the ground I was hoping from a blood bath but sadly no
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, what a complete waste of what they had built up at this point. I miss the days where they would build up feuds for months, and I don't mean the stupid briefcase Rollins still has.

I get the feeling now that HHH/Stephanie had some vacation time to use up, so they did. What could have been? WWE wastes another opportunity to create something decent.

Also, whats with Christian. I guess he's retired now?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, what a complete waste of what they had built up at this point. I miss the days where they would build up feuds for months, and I don't mean the stupid briefcase Rollins still has.

I get the feeling now that HHH/Stephanie had some vacation time to use up, so they did. What could have been? WWE wastes another opportunity to create something decent.

Also, whats with Christian. I guess he's retired now?

Yeah he unfortunately is.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/christian-officially-retired-from-the-ring/

According to PWInsider, Jerry Lawler referring to both Edge & Christian as “retired” on Raw wasn’t an error. Christian has been pulled from the ring due to the series of injuries and concussions he suffered during his current run and is considered retired as an in-ring performer.

The site adds that he has “about a year” on his current deal with WWE.

People really liked the storytelling aspect of that ending.

It was incredibly dark. "I'm going to kill him anyways."

I felt so damn uncomfortable, even though I'm a total smark.

The people behind Cena were yelling advice, like it was a hostage situation. A lady was telling him to keep his cool. Other people were yelling he has a kid. One guy yelled at John to shoot him. But there was none of the usual crazy "I'M ON CAMERA WOOO YOU SUCK JOHN". Everyone was really invested. Just like the Orton turn (up until Kane tripped).

I love storytelling like that. When you forget you're watching scripted TV.

The only good thing about Authority returning is Sting will be returning too and be feuding with HHH/Authority.

Authority and maybe even Heyman turn on Lesnar at Royal Rumble allowing Rollins to cash in. Rollins become the newest Heyman guy.

Backstage News on why WWE suspended Nash

As noted, WWE suspended the Legends contract of Kevin Nash while he has an outstanding domestic case for the incident with his son last week. Nash was suspended due to the company policy of suspending any talent or front office employee that gets domestic violence charges. If the case is dismissed in court, Nash will be reinstated by WWE. Nash still has a few years left on the contract as he signed a five-year Legends deal back in 2011. Nash has also been confirmed to be pulled from the RAW Reunion special on January 19th from Dallas. He was scheduled to do a nWo reunion angle with Scott Hall and Hulk Hogan.

WWE makes changes to contracts.

After the recent situation with Alberto Del Rio and CM Punk, WWE has changed all performer contracts. The contract now say that if a talent is fired for disciplinary reasons, they forfeit all merchandise rights and can't work in pro wrestling or MMA for one year.

Orton having surgery for minor injury.

Randy Orton is currently dealing with a deviated septum, which would be an injury to the nose. This is why Orton only worked short matches at weekend WWE live events and didn't return on RAW. Orton is going to have surgery to repair the injury soon and recovery time is only a few weeks.

Backstage News on Bryan's return at Royal Rumble.

After months of uncertainty, top WWE officials were informed about three weeks ago that Daniel Bryan would be able to return. The decision was made then to have him return at the 2015 Royal Rumble. With Bryan being in the Rumble match, there's been a lot of speculation already about whether or not this changes plans for Roman Reigns. Apparently this hasn't been considered within WWE yet. As of this week, Reigns was still scheduled to win the Rumble and then win the WWE World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 31.