The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Maybe someone here can help explain this. Last time I remember tag team champions are 2 people.... But in this era of WWE, tag champions consist of 3 people and only 2 belts? Just doesn't make sense that the original 2 guys who won the tag champions can have a 3rd guy defend a title he never won.

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Maybe someone here can help explain this. Last time I remember tag team champions are 2 people.... But in this era of WWE, tag champions consist of 3 people and only 2 belts? Just doesn't make sense that the original 2 guys who won the tag champions can have a 3rd guy defend a title he never won.

It's the Freebird rule meaning more than 2 people can hold the belt as long as they are on the same tag team. It's like when the spirit squad had 7 or so people holding the belt at the same time.

Edited by Lil B From The Pack

5 minutes ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

It's the Freebird rule meaning more than 2 people can hold the belt as long as they are on the same tag team. It's like when the spirit squad had 7 or so people holding the belt at the same time.

Weird not a fan of it. I stopped watching wrestling after 2003 but have got back into it a bit the last 3 years, didn't even know of the spirit squad. Glad I missed that lol.

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Weird not a fan of it. I stopped watching wrestling after 2003 but have got back into it a bit the last 3 years, didn't even know of the spirit squad. Glad I missed that lol.

Dolph Ziggler got his start as apart of Spirit Squad. Yes, that faction was awful and forgettable. The only good thing is when HHH and HBK reunited as DX and buried those guys, literally.

I thought it was another pretty good episode as Raw. Not as good as the last two weeks, but all things considered it was far superior to what's supposed to be a typical Raw. Again.

The main take away I have is that despite it being the same creative and the same management/bookers backstage, a lot of the "change" and "new way of doing things" doesn't feel like rhetoric. Because they keep backing up their claims over and over again. They actually seem to be doing little to counter it, at all.

Not every match is high stakes (because they can't all be), but it feels like the best talent are getting the best chances to shine (minus Roman and his getting the title). Hell, they just went through a tag team tournament and the finalists ended up being the Vaudevillains and Enzo & Cass, both teams having been on the main roster for about 14 days now. The Vaudevillains were even allowed to beat the Usos cleanly (I was so sure the Bullet Club were going to run interference).

2 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

Week after week WWE is so boring. Seriously. There is nothing interesting to me in the least. Last time and thing had me interested is when Sting came to WWE, and we all know how that ended and turned out.

Probably just personal preference here, but I haven't been bored at all since after Wrestlemania. I think this episode wasn't a bad one, because for it to be so, I think something bad would had to have happened in the first place. At its worst I just saw it as a victim of its 3 hour run time.

I can appreciate how different their approach to booking has been in these few weeks. I will enjoy that much for however long it lasts, which I can imagine won't be too long though, as it doesn't seem indefinite.

There has been a more active take to storytelling it seems. And they have a bunch of good storylines actually rolling at once,

For as awful as I thought Wrestlemania was, they hit a massive reset button on near essentially everything about it the day after (minus, again, the WWE championship and Reigns). It will gravitate back towards the same old, same old, but it's not there yet.

I mean, Payback looks pretty slick. Ambrose/Jericho, Owens/Zayn, Charlotte/Natalya, The whole #1 contenders tag tournament dealy. Cesaro has looked like a boss since returning, and pairing Maryese with The Miz has done more to get him looking and feeling like a legitimate heel. AJ Styles is working off the whole Bullet Club angle, which is more intrigue than the WWE has had in forever. And that doesn't contain every storyline that is running at the moment (which is why praised their approach right now, doesn't feel one dimensional, or short sighted).

I hope Nattie wins Women's Title at Payback. Give her a short reign and have her drop it back to Charlotte the night after on Raw, or at the next PPV. 

Have serious reluctance on WWE not messing up Bullet Club angle and where it's going. You can understand why after what happened with nWo in WWE. Guys like HBK, Booker T were in the faction, then they were trying to recruit HHH to join. Even Goldust at one point wanted to join.

Great Raw!

Solid card from top to bottom; I love not seeing Triple H every week, after seeing him every week on my screen since 1997, I've kind of had enough of the dude and wish he'd stay off screen unless its something important like a death or something.

I would still like to see Owens V Ambrose in an ECW/Attitude era style Hardcore match. Those two would be great at that, though it should be saved for Summerslam.

Loving the Bullet Club angle; WWE is pretty 50/50 with doing stable angles properly, if and when they do it right, it'll be a home run, if not, it'll be a big meh; but I can't really see anything with AJ Styles/Potentially Finn Balor actually failing....too much talent.

Media outlets such as the New York Daily News are already speculating about the idea that McGregor will be getting involved with WWE. It's interesting to note that, according to doesfollow.com, McGregor started following the Twitter accounts of Triple H, Shane and Stephanie McMahon, and Becky Lynch on Monday, April 19th.

- After apparently announcing his retirement on Twitter earlier today, there's a lot of speculation among fans that UFC star Conor McGregor could be headed to WWE. Some sites are reporting that Conor started following Becky Lynch, Triple H, Shane McMahonand Stephanie McMahon's Twitter accounts yesterday but he actually started following them during WrestleMania 32 weekend. Becky responded to Conor's retirement tweet, as seen below:

I have decided to retire young.
Thanks for the cheese. 
Catch ya's later.

15 hours ago, Chris said:

Great Raw!

Solid card from top to bottom; I love not seeing Triple H every week, after seeing him every week on my screen since 1997, I've kind of had enough of the dude and wish he'd stay off screen unless its something important like a death or something.

I would still like to see Owens V Ambrose in an ECW/Attitude era style Hardcore match. Those two would be great at that, though it should be saved for Summerslam.

Loving the Bullet Club angle; WWE is pretty 50/50 with doing stable angles properly, if and when they do it right, it'll be a home run, if not, it'll be a big meh; but I can't really see anything with AJ Styles/Potentially Finn Balor actually failing....too much talent.

More like 20/80, if you're being generous, lol.

But yeah. I think my enjoyment of the show has as much to do with who's not on the show, as much as who's on it.

Almost all of my favourites are headlining at the same time, but the guys that make me groan and change the channel/fast forward have all been missing of late, and they're all about to come back.

Ryback? Hasn't been on Raw since Wrestlemania.

Kane and Big Show? Thankfully the same as Ryback. Just happy none of these 3 are present. And if they will be, hopefully not in any sort of prominent position, regardless of whether they're going over or not.

Cena? Still hurt, so there's not a second superman face running around the show. When he come back. they'll have him go over all these others. And no, they won't be "looking good in defeat". A far better version of Reigns, but still the equivalent of what Reigns is, from the last decade. If he's finally showing up to lose a feud or two for once, then I won't be upset.

Orton? Maybe I'm not as down on him as the others because they haven't used others to put him over in a while. I don't see anything useful for him to do, and he is still boring, hence his place on this list. But his return won't be the worst.

HHH/The Authority? God I hope they're done, lol. I think I can keep these guys separate from the rest though, as I don't think their return is going to be anything but temporary. I think they're ready to write them off, once and for all. At least that's what my hope is, and what logic should dictate.

Edit: Nikki's (and also Brie's) absence has helped clear my feelings towards the women's division as well. I wish her a full recovery and all, but I don't enoy seeing the Bellas wrestle, or in a sort of position of prominence. And if they appear, they will be prominent.

As people managers, rather than as wrestlers, that could possibly work.

Edited by g_bassi13

Seems like WWe will be releasing Damien Sandow soon. Speculation on my part but considering his recent tweets and him changing his twitter name back Aaron it seems like he is done. such a waste. He was so over but he gets no respect yet Roman the piece of crap who gets the worst reaction gets a title.... such BS