The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

18 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I liked JBL for the first short time that he was commentating, but God Damn has he turned into my my most hated heel commentator of all time.

He doesn't have any consistency to what he says. He hates every face and loves every heel, except John Cena and Roman Reigns (and most often, the Usos too), who he showers with love more than any villain. In one match itself, he'll talk about how he loves that any given wrestler loves to have fun, will then chastise them for having fun. then change his mind again over the duration of a single match.

Him and Cole make a pretty bad team. They often fail to capture the emotion of a situation, and they get distracted so easily with semi related things that detract from the legitimacy and importance of what is going on.

A lot of it is written into the script, et a lot of it is their own doing. At the end of the day it still sucks. Not new information, just something that continues to be a thing.

then we have the token commentator in byron saxton-- not horrible, just there. my dream raw announce team is ranallo and corey graves and theres no harm in having michael cole as the 3rd man for all of wwe's plugs. he's been such a loyal guy for that company and has so much product knowledge that you can't not have michael cole on raw

ranallo can really tell a good story and graves is a pretty good talker, he has chemistry with renee young on the ppv pre shows, and you can use him as a heel commentator if you absolutely need one. they'd work great together. graves is still learning in nxt and needs some more polishing, but i'm with you on jbl that its about time for change on that raw announce team

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

39 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

then we have the token commentator in byron saxton-- not horrible, just there. my dream raw announce team is ranallo and corey graves and theres no harm in having michael cole as the 3rd man for all of wwe's plugs. he's been such a loyal guy for that company and has so much product knowledge that you can't not have michael cole on raw

ranallo can really tell a good story and graves is a pretty good talker, he has chemistry with renee young on the ppv pre shows, and you can use him as a heel commentator if you absolutely need one. they'd work great together. graves is still learning in nxt and needs some more polishing, but i'm with you on jbl that its about time for change on that raw announce team

Ranallo is the best play by play guy they've had since JR (and I think he actually surpasses him in a lot of ways), and Graves is the best heel colour guy that they ever had in the first place. A bit raw like you said sure, but the guy just gets it. I would love to see the two of them form a commentating team together. Both of them focus on what's going on, and creating narratives in the ring that aren't so one dimensional. And they're both quick witted enough that they could probably play off of each other very well. Something they can think about implementing down the road at some point.

Renee would need more seasoning in the context of commentary, but she has the talent to do something with it. I'd like to see them try something out with her again. I mean if they can push Byron to the moon with no outstanding talent to speak of, that he has really shown at any point, then I don't see why Renee couldn't get similar chances to work out what she has on the fly.

Bret isn't looking forward to appearing at Payback. He's only doing it for Nattie.

Why is WWE even using Bret with his recent negative comments towards the company.

During an appearance with Total Wrestling Magazine, Bret Hart spoke about being in Natalya's corner at the Payback PPV:

I do it to honour Nattie, I [have] no desire to be there no desire to be on TV, Hart told the audience. I'm happy to be there for Nattie but I've just had wrist surgery so its not a great time. It'll be great to put Flair in the sharpshooter though.

Hart also spoke about Chyna's death:
It was sad, I think she should be in the Hall of Fame but I don't think WWE will ever put her in there. Because of her relationship with Triple H. Chyna was a big star.

Edited by the last outlaw

why some fans begging WWE to put Chynaa in the hall of fame.  the chick literally begged wwe to work out things with her. Did they? NO they freaking put her in depression and a road of drugs, go read her story and maybe you can see how sick WWE really is. They took her name after she got fired, the chick was trapped had no where to go. GO LISTEN TO HER SHOOT INTERVIEWS!

oohhhh please triple h put chyna in the hall of fame, so we can cheer? Yea give Vince's greedy ego more ways to make money. WWE a sick twisted company, CM punk was right, just go listen to Chyna's shoot interviews. 

17 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

was great to see Sandow for 2 seconds  :rolleyes:

Apparently the crowd popped hard for him though. And thos is a crowd so dead they didn't even get up for Sami Zayn, or 90% of wrestlers last night. Counts for a little of something at least.

10 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

At least he wasn't buried. That's what I was expecting.

Hell, Corbin even ran away at the sight of him in the ring.

5 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Ranallo is the best play by play guy they've had since JR (and I think he actually surpasses him in a lot of ways), and Graves is the best heel colour guy that they ever had in the first place. A bit raw like you said sure, but the guy just gets it. I would love to see the two of them form a commentating team together. Both of them focus on what's going on, and creating narratives in the ring that aren't so one dimensional. And they're both quick witted enough that they could probably play off of each other very well. Something they can think about implementing down the road at some point.

Renee would need more seasoning in the context of commentary, but she has the talent to do something with it. I'd like to see them try something out with her again. I mean if they can push Byron to the moon with no outstanding talent to speak of, that he has really shown at any point, then I don't see why Renee couldn't get similar chances to work out what she has on the fly.

renee's got the product knowledge and could play off of ranallo well, since she was on tv with him a few times on the score

4 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

renee's got the product knowledge and could play off of ranallo well, since she was on tv with him a few times on the score

IMO just add Arda Ocal (Kyle Edwards) to the mix and you've hit the trifecta.

flair charlotte betrays

Legendary professional wrestler Ric Flair has once again lived up to his monicker as the “dirtiest player in the game” by sneak-attacking his own daughter, Charlotte, to win the WWE Women’s Championship.

For months, Flair has pretended to be Charlotte’s most loyal advocate and co-conspirator, but it seems that was all an elaborate subterfuge to ensure Charlotte would let her guard down.

At a WWE live event last night in Tallahassee, Charlotte issued an “open challenge to anyone in WWE” to face her for the Women’s Championship.

Flair, exploiting a new loophole in WWE — that female wrestlers are now “Superstars” instead of “Divas,” thus allowing impromptu intergender matches — slid into the ring and clobbered his daughter from behind with a pair of brass knuckles that had apparently been concealed in his underpants.

After pinning Charlotte (surreptitiously using the ring ropes for leverage), Flair strutted about the ring with the Women’s Championship around his waist, mocking his heartbroken daughter.

Flair is scheduled to defend his championship against Becky Lynch this Monday on Raw.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/dirtiest-player-game-betrays-daughter-claim-womens-championship/

:P

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Ric Flair, he was detained at Boston airport. At first, it was thought he was drunk, but that didn't turn out to be the case. Airport officials got a call about a "man with a cut on his hand". Police and medical personnel responded. Flair was treated and allowed to get on his flight.

Here's a pic of Flair at Boston airport bar prior to the incident: