The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i watched maybe 20 minutes of this show and fast forwarded the rest LOL styles/cena feud should be interesting

I got about 45. I watched the whole main event.

Fast forwarded Cena's part. But rewound when I saw Styles. Began to forward once he began to say the same old. Rewound once I saw him start to pummel Cena.

I don't look forward to this feud for the same reason I didn't look forward to his title opportunity that was just 2 months of him being fed to Roman Reigns. I'm not interested in him being fed to Cena. Cena doesn't lose feuds. AJ may win one in a dirty fashion, but he's essentially required to lose two in a row after. Especially in a feud that's TNA's Golden Boy against Vince's personal one. There's only one way this goes.

The only thing that I appreciate is that it's not a face vs face feud. What I don't apprciate is that they've found another way to force me to fast forward my favourite wrestler in the company for another few months. I just want to watch him in peace, lol.

Edited by g_bassi13

10 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

I got about 45. I watched the whole main event.

Fast forwarded Cena's part. But rewound when I saw Styles. Began to forward once he began to say the same old. Rewound once I saw him start to pummel Cena.

I don't look forward to this feud for the same reason I didn't look forward to his title opportunity that was just 2 months of him being fed to Roman Reigns. I'm not interested in him being fed to Cena. Cena doesn't lose feuds. AJ may win one in a dirty fashion, but he's essentially required to lose two in a row after. Especially in a feud that's TNA's Golden Boy against Vince's personal one. There's only one way this goes.

The only thing that I appreciate is that it's not a face vs face feud. What I don't apprciate is that they've found another way to force me to fast forward my favourite wrestler in the company for another few months. I just want to watch him in peace, lol.

to be honest, i actually found it refreshing seeing john cena again. it's interesting with the story they're telling with the "new era" thing and having cena kinda captain the veterans, that "wait a minute, i'm still here and i can still go." it's an upper card/main event feud that features aj styles, which i have no problems with. i think everyone around the world knows that styles isn't going over, but it's one of those fantasy programs that come to life. styles and cena are pretty much in their prime now-- 39/40 is when guys start having the best matches of their careers

i wasn't expecting styles to turn on cena at all. i thought once gallows and anderson came out i thinking like a tag match. but then again, i'm a glass half full kinda guy when it comes to wwe. i'm cynical for the most part but i can also, when time allows it, suspend my disbelief

4 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

to be honest, i actually found it refreshing seeing john cena again. it's interesting with the story they're telling with the "new era" thing and having cena kinda captain the veterans, that "wait a minute, i'm still here and i can still go." it's an upper card/main event feud that features aj styles, which i have no problems with. i think everyone around the world knows that styles isn't going over, but it's one of those fantasy programs that come to life. styles and cena are pretty much in their prime now-- 39/40 is when guys start having the best matches of their careers

i wasn't expecting styles to turn on cena at all. i thought once gallows and anderson came out i thinking like a tag match. but then again, i'm a glass half full kinda guy when it comes to wwe. i'm cynical for the most part but i can also, when time allows it, suspend my disbelief

When it comes to suspending my disbelief, that's my biggest issue with Cena. It's been 11-12 years of the same stuff, with maybe a literal handful of exceptions. So many interesting looking things have come and gone after running into the wall that is his booking. It's entirely impossible for me. It's just how Vince works. That's the reason I don't want Cena in a feud I'm interested in, it brings out all of my cynicism (I have to be proven wrong for the cynicism to be chipped away at, rather than snowball for a decade like it has).

This is all just my personal feelings towards his return and this feud. Unless Balor gets inserted somehow, I'm zoned out.

10 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

When it comes to suspending my disbelief, that's my biggest issue with Cena. It's been 11-12 years of the same stuff, with maybe a literal handful of exceptions. So many interesting looking things have come and gone after running into the wall that is his booking. It's entirely impossible for me. It's just how Vince works. That's the reason I don't want Cena in a feud I'm interested in, it brings out all of my cynicism (I have to be proven wrong for the cynicism to be chipped away at, rather than snowball for a decade like it has).

This is all just my personal feelings towards his return and this feud. Unless Balor gets inserted somehow, I'm zoned out.

i'm pretty sure that we'll see balor at some point, whether the club turns on aj, and thus the balor club is born, but until then, this is a fresh feud, a full blown heel aj works. it took him going into the ring for like the 3rd time to beat down cena to get some heat, but he got it. it's just no matter what wwe does they just can't book aj styles right. unless he's convincing and goes toe-to-toe with super cena, wwe's soap opera writers just can't handle that much talent in someone like aj to book him right

another thing i wanted to point out, that line when cena said "if the new era were to succeed they'll have to go through me" paraphrasing, but it was interesting that the smarks in the crowd didn't boo him at all. he was met with a pretty good reaction, which otherwise he'd normally get booed heavily for, no matter what city they're in. i know greenbay isn't a "smart" crowd, but they're not a stupid crowd. raw was a **** episode this week and the fans let them know that by chanting justin beiber at seth rollins, and that segment was painful

i liked the main event though. nice seeing ambrose get a clean pinfall. thats a guy who needs some nursing. ambrose easily had the best reactions in that match. he can still be saved

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i'm pretty sure that we'll see balor at some point, whether the club turns on aj, and thus the balor club is born, but until then, this is a fresh feud, a full blown heel aj works. it took him going into the ring for like the 3rd time to beat down cena to get some heat, but he got it. it's just no matter what wwe does they just can't book aj styles right. unless he's convincing and goes toe-to-toe with super cena, wwe's soap opera writers just can't handle that much talent in someone like aj to book him right

another thing i wanted to point out, that line when cena said "if the new era were to succeed they'll have to go through me" paraphrasing, but it was interesting that the smarks in the crowd didn't boo him at all. he was met with a pretty good reaction, which otherwise he'd normally get booed heavily for, no matter what city they're in. i know greenbay isn't a "smart" crowd, but they're not a stupid crowd. raw was a **** episode this week and the fans let them know that by chanting justin beiber at seth rollins, and that segment was painful

That Reigns segment was the worst. Like I said, I was hitting fast forward/skip indiscriminately during it, but I got so confused. One second Rollins is approaching the ring. Then he's on the stage. Then he's near the ring. Then he's back on the stage. I thought I was hitting "replay" instead of skip on the DVR by mistake. When what was simply happening was just some awful BS.

You're right. It was a really, really bad Raw today. They were up against game seven of the NBA finals, and game one of the Stanley Cup finals, and this was all they had to offer. Their ratings are going to hurt because of it.

14 hours ago, TheHitman said:

I wish WWE had TNA's writing team. Would produce great TV with the cast of characters currently available. 

Doesn't matter who is on creative, writing team. Until Vince steps aside, which won't happen or he dies, nothing is going to improve. I have real doubts things will be much better if and when the day come Steph/HHH take over. Shane on the other hand is the one who actually would improve things if he sticks around.

I was thinking this Cena/The Club feud could be "the new era vs the old era". I'd love to see Orton return and get involved siding with Cena. Those two have been bitter rivals over those years it would be cool to finally see them on the same side. Cena/Orton = New Two Man Power Trip.  Cena and Orton were tag team when they were forced to face the entire Raw roster years back. They worked so well as a team. AA/RKO combo is a sweet finisher.

Vince feels The Boss is too injury prone. There goes her push.

Despite reports that Sasha Banks is expected to compete for the Women's Championship at SummerSlam this year, it sounds like Vince McMahon isn't her biggest fan. Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Banks is getting a reputation with WWE management for being injury-prone. Meltzer says that Vince has told officials on numerous occasions that he believes she only knows one speed in the ring: all out. Months ago, Vince was reportedly comparing Banks and Daniel Bryan to company management. Bryan's career was cut short at the age of 34 due to numerous concussions. Banks returned to in-ring action over the weekend at WWE live events after reportedly suffering a concussion at the May 15th house show in Charlottlesville, VA. Meltzer sticks by his original report that her injury as a "significant" concussion, which happened after a freak accident where referee Darrick Moore accidently hit Sasha with a knee to the head. Last year, Banks reblogged a fan's comment
on her Tumblr that read: All the marks and smarks will look up and shout We Want Sasha! and Vince will look down and whisper No.

Goldberg vs Lesnar II?

During Monday night's Memorial Day edition of WWE Raw, the company revealed that the cryptic #Hatch tweets were the reveal of former WCW and WWE legend Bill Goldberg's inclusion as a pre-order download for the upcoming WWE 2K17. The commercial which can be seen below reveals Goldberg has been living in the woods for the past decade (presumably), and now it's time for him to be set free but not before the cops get there! The commercial is actually much better than we can describe. Eagle-eyed viewers will have noticed an easter egg at the end - did you? Take a moment to check out the reflection in the window when Goldberg's getting his police car. It reads "Suplex City" which of course is a Brock Lesnar reference, who happened to be the last WWE Superstar that Goldberg wrestled at WrestleMania XX in 2004. Are we on the verge of Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar II?

Just finished watching RAW. Found it odd, how they turned Styles heel, considering he's one of the few babyfaces, who is cheered on by both the younger and older audience, and is one of their top merchandise sellers, in the company. I was certain that they wouldn't book Styles so poorly, even with those losses against Reigns (let's be honest, he was never going to win the title), but with him now going into a feud with Cena, it doesn't looking good on Styles end, because we all know how this feud will end.

Edited by shiznak

i guess im one of the few who really dont mind cena going over aj in a feud as big as this. john cena's a global icon. the fact wwe wants aj to go up against cena is a testament of how talented he is, cause they know aj styles can take cena to probably he best match(es) of his career, and whether you like it or not, even if cena went over, he's had some great matches, that were really not "carried" by anybody. john cena's more than capable of handing himself in the ring and going toe to toe with anyone in the ring and on the mic

the super cena gimmick wasn't born over night. early on, if you remember those blood baths against jbl in his early days, he's earned respect of the fans cause he went against a guy who really made him work to become the character he is. the man has so much charisma that's really being held back, and he's stated that he'd like another heel run. its nothing like a guy like roman reigns who litterally, overnight was the next john cena

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

10 hours ago, shiznak said:

Just finished watching RAW. Found it odd, how they turned Styles heel, considering he's one of the few babyfaces, who is cheered on by both the younger and older audience, and is one of their top merchandise sellers, in the company. I was certain that they wouldn't book Styles so poorly, even with those losses against Reigns (let's be honest, he was never going to win the title), but with him now going into a feud with Cena, it doesn't looking good on Styles end, because we all know how this feud will end.

That's where all my skepticism kicks in. 

Though I don't think they're quite done with him. After losing this feud he'll probably end up on an Ambrose level, which is not quite nothing, but not necessarily anything. He'll get matches and rivalries of relative importance.

The whole thing is a massive mistake, primarily in that they're taking a new star that is already massively over and trying to go against the grain to get him booed, but that's the WWE's MO. Just look at Rollins, they're doing the same thing in two concurrent cases. At least with AJ that turn has some energy to it.

The WWE has its set stars, and only on rare occasion will they let anyone into that group. And sheer force of will wont get those already in it removed. Proper logic like yours rarely plays a part in it.

There was a discussion on here after Wrestlemania about whether Reigns turned heel or not. Why I stressed it was silly was because of this WWE attitude. And of course he wasn't turning heel.

Either they'll take that 'over' person down a couple of pegs, or they'll turn them heel.

It's inevitable the whole Bullet Club loses steam after going through Cena. It's what happens with him. That's why I want Balor to show up at some point during it all. That's the kind of injection that would keep it from falling flat.

6 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i guess im one of the few who really dont mind cena going over aj in a feud as big as this. john cena's a global icon. the fact wwe wants aj to go up against cena is a testament of how talented he is, cause they know aj styles can take cena to probably he best match(es) of his career, and whether you like it or not, even if cena went over, he's had some great matches, that were really not "carried" by anybody. john cena's more than capable of handing himself in the ring and going toe to toe with anyone in the ring and on the mic

the super cena gimmick wasn't born over night. early on, if you remember those blood baths against jbl in his early days, he's earned respect of the fans cause he went against a guy who really made him work to become the character he is. the man has so much charisma that's really being held back, and he's stated that he'd like another heel run. its nothing like a guy like roman reigns who litterally, overnight was the next john cena

I entirely get what you mean, but I don't agree with lots of it. Mainly in that people of all shapes and forms get fed to Cena. All less talented than AJ.