The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Yeah apparently last nights ppv was crap.

I heard good things about the Rhodes match, might go back & check that out. But otherwise pretty bad with a garbage ending featuring emmy award winning actor the big show.

I agree with CanuckianOne, this Bryan/Orton storyline had so much promise with them finally being forced to go in a new direction, But they made it about HHH and all that BS.

Its really just a slap in the face to fans that, even when Cena isnt around, they cant build up anyone else.

Oh well, i hope u all enjoy raw. And if its good ill catch the replay.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

WWE LIVE

DECEMBER 7, 2013

PACIFIC COLISEUM

7:30 pm

TICKETS ON SALE OCTOBER 12 AT 10 am

ticketleader.png

Charge by Phone at 1-604-757-0345. Tickets also available online and at the Pacific Coliseum Box Office.

This will be your chance to see your favorite WWE Superstars during one night of exciting live event action! See World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk, Paul Heyman, the Wyatt Family and more of your favourite WWE Superstars and Divas. Also, there will be a special appearance by John Cena. (Lineup subject to change.)

Wow! At the Pacific Coliseum!

We could see a taping come back to Vancouver very soon. Shows were previously held at the 5,000-seat Agrodome because of insurance and seat tax.

Wow! At the Pacific Coliseum!

We could see a taping come back to Vancouver very soon. Shows were previously held at the 5,000-seat Agrodome because of insurance and seat tax.

I can't see the seat tax and insurance being any different at the Coliseum, they are on the same property, unless something has changed recently that I'm not aware of. I'm not holding my breath on a Raw or Smackdown anytime soon

Edited by Grapefruits

I can't see the seat tax and insurance being any different at the Coliseum they are on the same property. I'm not holding my breath on a Raw or Smackdown anytime soon

Maybe I am jumping the gun a bit, but....

The issue of seat taxes was a serious issue for the WWE as well. Before the bylaw change, promotions were charged a ten cent per seat tax when events sold more than 500 seats. The new bylaw change increased that tax to one dollar per seat, an amount that Mladenovic called "exorbitant."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2010/10/14/15686986.html

$5000 at the Agrodome vs. $17,500 at the Pacific Coliseum.

City of Vancouver must have altered its seat tax bylaw or they plan to only use the lower bowl at the Pacific Coliseum and sell only 5000 tickets.

Maybe I am jumping the gun a bit, but....

http://slam.canoe.ca...4/15686986.html

$5000 at the Agrodome vs. $17,500 at the Pacific Coliseum.

City of Vancouver must have altered its seat tax bylaw or they plan to only use the lower bowl at the Pacific Coliseum and sell only 5000 tickets.

I would imagine that's the plan by the WWE. I can't possibly see them selling more than 5000 seats anyway for a house show. I've never been able to wrap my head around the changes to the tax. The economic benefits a large Raw or Smackdown event bring must be decent.

Then again, The city of Vancouver isn't smart when it comes to making money.

Will they announce the card in advance?

They usually announce a couple of the matches during the part when the promote the events. Then they usually just say who else will be appearing.

Edited by Grapefruits

I would imagine that's the plan by the WWE. I can't possibly see them selling more than 5000 seats anyway for a house show. I've never been able to wrap my head around the changes to the tax. The economic benefits a large Raw or Smackdown event bring must be decent.

Then again, The city of Vancouver isn't smart when it comes to making money.

They usually announce a couple of the matches during the part when the promote the events. Then they usually just say who else will be appearing.

I'm still optimistic.

Looking at the events held at "bigger" arenas, they have tickets on sale for the entire arena. Can't imagine why the WWE would book the Pacific Coliseum and not the Agrodome if they plan only use the lower bowl. There doesn't appear to be an event happening at the Agrodome either.