The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

- "The Resurrection of Jake the Snake" will be released exclusively on iTunes on January 12th, featuring Jake "The Snake" Roberts, Diamond Dallas Page, Scott Hall and others. Fans in the US, UK and Canada can pre-order the movie at this link.

Trailer for the movie:

Warning, There are a few F bombs.

Edited by Grapefruits

Want to watch it, and even support the movie, but I wish it wasn't exclusive to itunes, of all the stupid places in the world. Maybe I'll watch it some point down the road when they remove that exclusivity.

Those videos on DDP's youtube channel when he first brought him in were awesome to watch, so I'd like to go deeper behind the scenes. Maybe one day he'll get that Royal Rumble entry he wants so badly.

Also Wrestle Kingdom 10 happening right now in Japan for NJPW.

One of the best cards ever assembled, I have to say. Going to give it a watch tomorrow before I watch Raw, as if I needed something to make more cynical about that awful show, lol.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. AJ Styles

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Kenny Omega (c) vs. KUSHIDA

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
reDRagon (c) vs. Matt Sydal & Ricochet vs. Roppongi Vice vs. Young Bucks

ROH World Championship
Jay Lethal (c) vs. Michael Elgin

IWGP Tag Team Championship
Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) (c) vs. GBH (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma)

NEVER Openweight Championship
Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Vacant NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Titles
Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Takahashi) vs. Toru Yano & Briscoes

Not a single particularly weak looking match in the whole bunch. Where if there's not a promising technical match there's some name value and interesting wrestling to be had regardless.

Okada, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Kyle O'Reilly, and Nakamura are probably 5 of my very favourite wrestlers when it comes to their ability to put on a match. And even the matches they're not in look good. When guys like Kenny Omega, Bobby Fish, The Briscoes, Iishii, Shibata, Micheal Elgin, Tanahashi, Matt Sydal, and the Young Bucks are side notes to what I want to see, that's going to make for an amazing show.

I just hope that these guys put on the quality of matches that it's known they can. I've gotten really into ROH and a bit more into NJPW over the last half year, so I'm hyped.

18 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Want to watch it, and even support the movie, but I wish it wasn't exclusive to itunes, of all the stupid places in the world. Maybe I'll watch it some point down the road when they remove that exclusivity.

Those videos on DDP's youtube channel when he first brought him in were awesome to watch, so I'd like to go deeper behind the scenes. Maybe one day he'll get that Royal Rumble entry he wants so badly.

I would expect to see it show up in other places soon after it's release. Considering the release date, WWE might finally give him a Rumble spot.  Though I have to wonder what kind of bump he can take these days.

10 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

Yeah, Vince has been training for years.  I'm sure there were probably some roids involved at some point, but that was likely many many years ago.

Im sure he still is.  A lot of men once they get over 35-40 have to take testosterone shots regularly because they get low and Vince is 70 and looks like that!

Most people don't know this and always assume steroids are a bad thing, when they were made for medical purposes.

That was kind of a lame ending.  RAW should be better from here on out starting next week when Brock returns.

Edited by JV77