The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

WWE officials are having second thoughts about Braun Stroman especially because of the reaction he received in the match with Dean Ambrose in Philly. It's being said that Stroman is no longer a lock to win the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

Plans for him to face Lesnar at SummerSlam are also no longer a sure thing.

5 hours ago, the last outlaw said:

WWE officials are having second thoughts about Braun Stroman especially because of the reaction he received in the match with Dean Ambrose in Philly. It's being said that Stroman is no longer a lock to win the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

Plans for him to face Lesnar at SummerSlam are also no longer a sure thing.

WWE having 2nd thoughts of Stroman because of the reaction of one match but theycontinue to slam Roman down our throats.

Makes perfect sense.

Edited by Grapefruits

8 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

WWE having 2nd thoughts of Stroman because of the reaction of one match but theycontinue to slam Roman down our throats.

Makes perfect sense.

One of the ideas that's been bandied around moving forward was Reigns vs. Strowman... So uh, yeah. That is/was a thing they want(ed) to do.

Would've been the worst World Title match up this side of Diesel vs. Mabel.

Edited by g_bassi13

I'm hoping the surprise will be Sting helping Shane and gets his WM moment. Sting comes out, which distracts Undertaker allowing Shane to score the quick pinfall. That or Sting hands Shane his bat to use. Sting doesn't need to physically get involved with his bad neck. 

Had this feeling Linda is going to return at WM. Everyone from McMahon family is involved except Linda.

According to Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline.com, Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon is tentatively scheduled to go on last.  Alvarez also notes that there is at least one surprise scheduled for the show that few people are being told about. Alvarez says it isn't the Balor Club but he does think they will debut on RAW the next night. It's possible that we will get a clue about the Wrestlemania surprise by Saturday night.

Being reported that Cesaro could be a surprise entrant in Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal. He's currently in Dallas for WM, and isn't wearing arm sling anymore.

He's currently scheduled to return to ring in April for WWE post WM European Tour. He hadn't been cleared to return as earlier this week.

38 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

Aftermath was making predictions for WM and 2 of guys predicted that Shane helps Roman defeat HHH and then Roman returns the favor to help Shane and rid The Authority once and for all.

Jackie has quite the crush on Bo Dallas.

That's a bold prediction by anyone, let alone 2 guys corroborating it. Hard to see what to take away from it though since almost all of the show and its tone is nearly complete kayfabe by now. I don't see it happening.

Also who doesn't have a crush on Bo Dallas?

In an interview with Complex.com, John Cena confirmed recent speculation that he has already cleared to start wrestling again. Here is an excerpt from the interview: 

How close are you to returning to the ring? 

"If you ask me today, I should’ve been back two weeks ago. I’ve logged almost 400 hours of physical therapy. I got 111 visits in 12 weeks time. I go every single second I can. People say I have a Wolverine-like style of recovery. I was given a nine month quota to come back and after three months I can tell you that I am ready to do anything asked of me possible. It’s a matter of when they call me." 

Are you medically cleared? 

"Yes."

Whether you love him, or hate him - That recovery time is bloody impressive; That man loves what he does.

Edited by Chris

raw scored a 2.6 hahahaha during wrestlemania season, how will they manage to hold up there ratings during foot ball season. Cornette is right, wrestling is dead! Its dying slowly because everything has been done before. 

example Shane vs taker - shane probably wins, next night on raw comes out and reinstates the UNdertaker lol how many times does WWE do the same washed up story lines?

also, how does WWE not use Austin on any raw before mania? lol wrestling is dying a slow and painful deaath, its well deserved. 2.6 during Mania season hahahaha! goodluck during football season- UFC is killing it.

5 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Just in time for Takeover, no less.

1st full Takeover show I've watched and the wrestling is without question far and above the main roster.  But the crowd also strongly buys in to what is being pushed.  Heels get booed, faces get cheered.  Seems like a more true and educated crowd.

26 minutes ago, JV77 said:

1st full Takeover show I've watched and the wrestling is without question far and above the main roster.  But the crowd also strongly buys in to what is being pushed.  Heels get booed, faces get cheered.  Seems like a more true and educated crowd.

The wrestling is superior, there's no two ways about it. Even in a PPV like this, with builds that weren't even complete, the matches carried an intensity that the one's on Raw and main roster PPV's can't even pretend to imitate.

The crowd you see in this type of match is essentially the most hardcore of the hardcore, and because it's paired with Wrestlemania, a very global one as well. This is like the crowd that was there at this last Raw in Brooklyn, only turned up to 11.

It's not the crowd that was the reason the faces were cheered and the heels were booed, but rather just the work the promotion does in building characters and booking feuds. NXT are pushing the right people in the right spots, and it simply garners the right reactions. They're pretty much following the crowd's reactions, if anything. If this crowd was watching Raw, they'd take hijacking the show to another level. Because that main show is doing a lot of things wrong.

WWE at this point is the only promotion in the world really that has its faced booed at all, let alone harder than their heels. I'd ask anyone here to think of any promotion. That's on the WWE, especially given that they have the most casual and face friendly crowd to begin with. They rarely ever shift and maneuver. Safe and predictable has been the motto for most of their existence, minus that half decade period towards the end of the 90's. They're less interested in finding a universally beloved Daniel Bryan type, than they are finding even a poor John Cena clone (like Reigns), who fits the archetype that they're just used to pushing for the better part of a century. It is what it is.

But $&!#, Wrestlemania is going to be hard pushed to look half competent in comparison to NXT and Takeover after tonight.

That Nakamura/Zayn match is probably going to be the WWE's first full 5 star match in the last 5 years. It's already better than anything on New Japan's entire Wrestlekingdom card was, and it'll be hard to find any promotion in the world that will find a way to surpass this, let alone the WWE.

Just imagine if you're not a wrestling fan, or just a very casual one, and they played that Nakamura/Zayn match right before the main event with HHH and Reigns. Especially if you're the type that goes "I don't watch that fake stuff," when speaking about it. You watch that match, its technical perfection, its brutal striking, its non stop action... and then just compare it to what you're going to get with that heavyweight title match. It's the kind of thing that would suck all the air out of any notion that this should have been the main event, and that these are the best competitors available, or that this is what a title match or title picture should look like.

I mean Styles/Y2J is the only thing that could even begin to imitate these types of matches, and despite AJ being just as good as those two, the match won't have enough time to create anything nearly as special, and the "WWE style" of wrestling ties a hand behind their back before him and Jericho even start.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

raw scored a 2.6 hahahaha during wrestlemania season, how will they manage to hold up there ratings during foot ball season. Cornette is right, wrestling is dead! Its dying slowly because everything has been done before. 

example Shane vs taker - shane probably wins, next night on raw comes out and reinstates the UNdertaker lol how many times does WWE do the same washed up story lines?

also, how does WWE not use Austin on any raw before mania? lol wrestling is dying a slow and painful deaath, its well deserved. 2.6 during Mania season hahahaha! goodluck during football season- UFC is killing it.

I don't agree with anything you've said, other than the notion that heir ratings are in the drain for good reason. They're totally suffering, but mainly because of what the WWE is themselves deciding to do.

I meant that's not even an acceptable number in the doldrums of a December or October do nothing Raw, let alone the go home to Wrestlemania, when it should be at its apex. Speaks to the quality of the show they put out there, that they think this is the best they could do, or should do. The audience clearly doesn't agree.

Edited by g_bassi13