The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

WWE has nixed Bayley turning heel. Instead Sasha turned after the backstage fight on Raw.

Rumour out there is Rey Mysterio will be Stroman's partner. Don't read too much into this as the person reporting it was the one saying Cena vs Rey at WM.

There's said to be worry about Dean Ambrose recovery. He's been pulled from Axxess signing.

2 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Wonder what the stance on Neville is now that they have so much upcoming talent that's as good or better than him. 

Vince won't release Neville. They've had a few talks with him about returning but it went nowhere.

Edited by fivethej

I'm actually pretty excited (for once), about Mania. Most of the matches are pretty intriguing, even with the lacklustre build-ups and predictability.

Reigns vs. Lesnar will be a slugfest, better than Lesnar vs. Goldberg last year.

AJ vs. Shinsuke is a smark and New Japan fans wet dream.

Balor vs. Seth vs. Miz will probably be one of the underrated matches of the night.

Shane and Bryan vs. Owens and Zayn everybody wants to see the in-ring return of Bryan.

Kurt and Ronda vs. Hunter and Steph is meh, but again people want to see how well Ronda does in the ring.

Charlotte vs. Asuka will probably be one of the best women's match in the WWE since Bayley and Sasha (given time).

Roode vs. Orton vs. Jinder vs. Rusev will actually be a good match, on the pre-show.

Strowman and mystery partner vs. The Bar, with all the rumours about who's Strowman's partner got me interested.

Alexander vs. Ali, could steal the show (given the opportunity)

The Usos vs. The New Day vs. The Bulgenon Brothers, Usos and The New Day always put on a great match, and I love the pace of any triple threat tag matches.

Unfortunately these matches will be bathroom breaks for me.

Nia vs. Bliss and both battle royals. Although, there are always surprise entries in the battle royals and Nia and Bliss have one of the better build-ups going into Mania.

Edited by shiznak

44 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Roode vs. Orton vs. Jinder vs. Rusev will actually be a good match, on the pre-show.

Is that confirmed? Lol. The 2 previous WWE champions. And the 3 previous to that don’t have matches (yet).

What a prestigious Title.

I’m also much more excited for WM than previous years. Minus the put Roman over Match and the totally not nepotism Match, it was a well constructed card. I’m hoping they add a final deletion segment.

Also curious to how they can advertise Shane to be on the show even though he has been hospitalized for diverticulitis and a hernia? No chance in hell he clears medically before WM. Lesner had to retire from UFC because of that...

14 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Is that confirmed? Lol. The 2 previous WWE champions. And the 3 previous to that don’t have matches (yet).

What a prestigious Title.

I’m also much more excited for WM than previous years. Minus the put Roman over Match and the totally not nepotism Match, it was a well constructed card. I’m hoping they add a final deletion segment.

Also curious to how they can advertise Shane to be on the show even though he has been hospitalized for diverticulitis and a hernia? No chance in hell he clears medically before WM. Lesner had to retire from UFC because of that...

What can WWE do, there's just so many matches on this card and they try to get as many superstars on the card as popular. That's why I'm opposed to seeing Undertaker on the show, waste of 40-45 minutes that could be used on other guys. Combine that with HHH/Shane matches and you've lost another 40/45 minutes which should be going to the year round competitors. 

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

What can WWE do, there's just so many matches on this card and they try to get as many superstars on the card as popular. That's why I'm opposed to seeing Undertaker on the show, waste of 40-45 minutes that could be used on other guys. Combine that with HHH/Shane matches and you've lost another 40/45 minutes which should be going to the year round competitors. 

Yep, Can’t do anything about it now. But if it were me, I wouldn’t be putting the WWE title on someone who isn’t always going to be a headliner of the biggest show of the year. 

Don’t really care if people are left off. Just think it looks bad when 5 of the last 6 champions aren’t on the main show. 

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Yep, Can’t do anything about it now. But if it were me, I wouldn’t be putting the WWE title on someone who isn’t always going to be a headliner of the biggest show of the year. 

Don’t really care if people are left off. Just think it looks bad when 5 of the last 6 champions aren’t on the main show. 

IDK, I'd rather see as many of the current stars on the show as possible and not so many clusters.

22 hours ago, fivethej said:

Jarrett is probably the best option. Dixie is okay, but terrible in live situations. Hulk would probably ask for too much money and try to get himself over. Edge and Christian would have to give up their podcast, which I'd rather not see as it's an enjoyable listen.

I doubt they will give anyone a 40+ mins match, even 30+ mins is a stretch. That's a rarity in the WWE, unless it's a multi-man match that consist of more than 4+ wrestlers.

I think Trips' match will top up at 20 mins, given its Ronda's first match and she could only do so little in the ring. They wouldn't give Taker anything longer than 15+ mins, after last year's performance. I could see AJ and Shins be 25+ minutes. Along with the IC title match and Charlotte and Asuka.

Undertaker isn't schedule to wrestle at WM. Sounds like he will do some sort of segment with Cena. What's the point of all the build up if there isn't gonna be a match.

It sounds like Rock has permission to appear at WM to do something. Probably not wrestling as WWE wanted him to team with Rousey.

Batista was suppose to be the partner for Ronda Rousey at WM but Triple H blew him off. They last talked in January. It would have set up Batista vs HHH at WM 35. Next time Batista heard about the match was when Kurt was announced as the partner.

Is Vince McMahon the most unaware human being alive?

Says NFL games are too long and thinks 3 hours is too long for anyone to sit down to watch a show. Then has a nearly 5 hour fake Hall of Fame show days before his 7 hour Wrestlemania show. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

owen hart dropped a lot at the hall of fame. mark henry's speech tho

ivory had a real fun speech, jeff jarrett and mark henry tho, wow. those were good

The Dudleys stole the show.