The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

6 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

There has got to be at least 10 moments in the last year of Braun doing absolutely hilarious and awesome things and you choose that!!!

My favourite might be the segment that set up that dumpster match with Kalisto. Braun was dragging him around by the ankle as if he was a child’s blankly, because *I think* Roman gave him his first loss. Then later in the episode he “took out the garbage” and put kalisto in a dumpster. 

Yea... tbh I'm just a major Braun hater. I just dislike his character for some reason... I think it's the cute baby face. 

This is what I wana do when I see a face like that... he just doesn't intimidate me on TV. In person, I'd run and get as far away before he devoured me lol!

Image result for cute baby cheeks

WWE is considering putting Jeff Jarrett into HOF year. Very surprising given how JJ left when he was last in WWE with his contract expiring a day before PPV where he dropped IC Title to Chyna but forced Vince to pay him somewhere between $300,000-$500,000 to work the match as he wasn't contractually obligated.

Vince fired JJ on air when he bought WCW:

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, fivethej said:

WWE is considering putting Jeff Jarrett into HOF year. Very surprising given how JJ left when he was last in WWE with his contract expiring a day before PPV where he dropped IC Title to Chyna but forced Vince to pay him somewhere between $300,000-$500,000 to work the match as he wasn't contractually obligated.

Vince fired JJ on air when he bought WCW:

Wow... 300-500K is a lot of money at the time... good for him. 

Just finished watching last weeks Smackdown. The KO / Sami saga is becoming too predictable... way too obvious that AJ would interfere and make it a triple threat. They'll let AJ win to hype him up even more. 

I want Sami as the champ. Hope he comes up with the victory. 

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Wow... 300-500K is a lot of money at the time... good for him. 

Just finished watching last weeks Smackdown. The KO / Sami saga is becoming too predictable... way too obvious that AJ would interfere and make it a triple threat. They'll let AJ win to hype him up even more. 

I want Sami as the champ. Hope he comes up with the victory. 

I would love a Sami victory but don't think there's a chance of that happening. Think we'll be getting Owens/Zayn at Mania which sucks, because I really wanted them to stick with the Owens/Zayn team for much longer than this.

Given the right amount of time though and depending on how motivated Nakamura is, AJ/Nakamura at Mania could be a possible MOTY contender.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

I would love a Sami victory but don't think there's a chance of that happening. Think we'll be getting Owens/Zayn at Mania which sucks, because I really wanted them to stick with the Owens/Zayn team for much longer than this.

Given the right amount of time though and depending on how motivated Nakamura is, AJ/Nakamura at Mania could be a possible MOTY contender.

Yea... there's no way Sami is winning. I hope we're both pleasantly surprised and he does win but I doubt it's in the books. 

Not a big fan of Nakamura either tbh... but AJ vs Nakamura would be a pretty good match. 

I know it's wishful thinking but I'm hoping Y2J makes a come back in WM and wins some hardware... would be straight up lolz if he beat Brock 

Image result for chris jericho giphy

Edited by apollo

10 hours ago, apollo said:

Yea... there's no way Sami is winning. I hope we're both pleasantly surprised and he does win but I doubt it's in the books. 

Not a big fan of Nakamura either tbh... but AJ vs Nakamura would be a pretty good match. 

I know it's wishful thinking but I'm hoping Y2J makes a come back in WM and wins some hardware... would be straight up lolz if he beat Brock 

Image result for chris jericho giphy

There's no chance Y2J beats Brock in 2018, not sure another WWE run appeals to Y2J at this point.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TheHitman said:

There's no chance Y2J beats Brock in 2018, not sure another WWE run appeals to Y2J at this point.

Yeah, he looks like he's having way too much fun with NJPW. I'm hoping he signs a 1 year contract with them. There's so many good matches/feuds he could have there.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Yeah, he looks like he's having way too much fun with NJPW. I'm hoping he signs a 1 year contract with them. There's so many good matches/feuds he could have there.

I'm kind of hoping he has matches with Naito and Ibushi rn. 

45 minutes ago, Incursio said:

I don't really see why Jericho would come back at this point. Where would he even fit in?

Probably to team with Shane vs Owens and Zayn.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Teaming with Shane would make sense... I'd hate to see 3 of my favourites go against each other. 

If Zayn KO and Y2J created a stable... Canadian related that would be awesome. They should hold all titles too! 

Is Y2J actually not Canadian? On wiki it says he's born in the US but billed from Manitoba? 

Dolph said on SDL only reason he returned was to win WWE Title and Main Event WM. Wondering if that's the same reason he signed a new deal to stay along with getting big $$$. He wins WWE Title at Fast Lane and it becomes Dolph vs Styles vs Naka at WM. His new deal should include a real world title run instead of the cup of coffee ones he had previously with WHC.

On 2/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, apollo said:

Teaming with Shane would make sense... I'd hate to see 3 of my favourites go against each other. 

If Zayn KO and Y2J created a stable... Canadian related that would be awesome. They should hold all titles too! 

Is Y2J actually not Canadian? On wiki it says he's born in the US but billed from Manitoba? 

Jericho grew up in Winnipeg and was born to Canadian parents. He was born in NY because his father played for New York Rangers. 

I've been calling for a new Canadian stable for awhile now. WWE has so many Canadians they could easily do it. Hart Foundation 2.0. Jericho as leader in role of Bret. Nattie has to be in there too. Bret could even appearance/appearances supporting them. Tyson Kidd could be involved, who knows maybe he returns or at very least he can be somewhat physical at ringside in manager type of role.

On 2/15/2018 at 12:08 PM, TheHitman said:

Jericho turns on Shane joining KO/Sami.

On 2/15/2018 at 12:28 AM, TheHitman said:

Jericho recently said he has no interest in WWE return unless he's working top names like Lesnar, Strowman, etc. Otherwise he would be working mid-card feuds. 

• Cheers 1

On 2/15/2018 at 12:08 PM, TheHitman said:

didnt he start something with naito right after alpha vs. omega to continue that run? jericho in njpw at this stage in his career makes sence to help get it over in the US, since he's still a pretty big name and can still go, and a wwe/njpw battle/relationship is just good for the business. there's bound to be another boom in wrestling. its not dead

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

On 2/17/2018 at 11:53 PM, fivethej said:

Dolph said on SDL only reason he returned was to win WWE Title and Main Event WM. Wondering if that's the same reason he signed a new deal to stay along with getting big $$$. He wins WWE Title at Fast Lane and it becomes Dolph vs Styles vs Naka at WM. His new deal should include a real world title run instead of the cup of coffee ones he had previously with WHC.

Jericho grew up in Winnipeg and was born to Canadian parents. He was born in NY because his father played for New York Rangers. 

I've been calling for a new Canadian stable for awhile now. WWE has so many Canadians they could easily do it. Hart Foundation 2.0. Jericho as leader in role of Bret. Nattie has to be in there too. Bret could even appearance/appearances supporting them. Tyson Kidd could be involved, who knows maybe he returns or at very least he can be somewhat physical at ringside in manager type of role.

Jericho turns on Shane joining KO/Sami.

Jericho recently said he has no interest in WWE return unless he's working top names like Lesnar, Strowman, etc. Otherwise he would be working mid-card feuds. 

Wow... I had no clue. You're right... his dad was Ted Irvine and looks like he had himself a pretty solid career http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=2474 

That's awesome. 

GOAT! 

Image result for y2j break the walls gif

What do you guys think of Coach on commentary? I'm not a big fan tbh... wish JBL would come back. 

I'd love to see JBL back in the ring too... 

Also... just finished last weeks Raw... Sasha / Bailey... man the Diva's division match quality is through the roof. The division has never been so talented IMO when it comes to quality of matches. 

Even the Micki and Mandy match was great.

50 minutes ago, apollo said:

What do you guys think of Coach on commentary? I'm not a big fan tbh... wish JBL would come back. 

I'd love to see JBL back in the ring too... 

Also... just finished last weeks Raw... Sasha / Bailey... man the Diva's division match quality is through the roof. The division has never been so talented IMO when it comes to quality of matches. 

Even the Micki and Mandy match was great.

I'm okay with Coach and would take him over JBL any day now.

JBL was GREAT when he first started but got progressively worse with each passing year. In the last couple years he just seemed to stop caring and became a caricature of himself with lines "We got ourselves a flying bull!!" and "I LOVE IT MAGGLE!!!" repeatedly over and over. I'm also easily annoyed with tweener announcers, so that didn't help him either in my eyes.

image.png.519b94959759dd37cc9a492d7f8d0652.png

• Upvote 1