The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

12 hours ago, Mr.Habitat said:

I havnt read the comics but .. Yes I am enjoying this season but I'm getting antsy about them going in to a city type setting again, or moving the plot forward in terms of how the virus works and if any type of research is being done on it. 

kirkman said he's not planning to reveal how the virus started or if there will be a cure

1 minute ago, Shaft said:

Prepare yourself. 

Lol I've been searching up spoilers hoping it's different than the one's you posted.

There's a really interesting scene in one of the trailers. Potentially gives away a character death...

26 minutes ago, LuckyLuciano said:

This show sucks so bad now, I don't know how I still watch it

I'm starting to get tired of it too.  Knowing what happens in the comics doesn't help either...

They need to start moving story lines along faster and now having mini-cliffhangers throughout the season or the viewers are just going to stop watching.  You can only string along viewers for so long.

On 3/28/2016 at 11:31 PM, Mr.Habitat said:

I havnt read the comics but .. Yes I am enjoying this season but I'm getting antsy about them going in to a city type setting again, or moving the plot forward in terms of how the virus works and if any type of research is being done on it. 

Not going to happen in TWD universe.

But in other Zombie media, causes of the outbreak have been:

Satellite falling to earth with some kind of space dust on it

Supernatural event

Viral outbreak

And a bunch of other whacko causes too...

Rick and Carl are probably the only two characters who are safe. I just don't see them killing either one. Also without Rick there is no show. I would even say thanks to the fake out last week that Daryl is also safe. 

I  keep going back to The actors reaction to the season finale. The death has to be someone major and extremely violent to warrant such a reaction. So it has to be Michonne, Carol, Maggie, Glen, Abe or Morgan. Possibly Rosita and Sasha (I don't  really consider them major characters).

I think because of the casts reaction its either two victims or it has to be a women. Michonne is probably safe because she is Ricks love interest and they killed the last two and that would be kind of cliche killing off all his women. Carol is a real possibility because they have really focused on her character kind of going full circle. She's also very unstable and I could see her sacrificing herself.

I don't consider Rosita or Sasha deaths to matter enough to cause such a reaction unless Lucille claims them both or one of them dies and another main character dies.

Which leaves Maggie what would be more horrific then  Negan killing Maggie ? Especially if she is being rushed to Hilltop because something is wrong with the baby?

If they kill a guy I think it will be Glen and Maggie loses the baby because of it.

Now here's a crazy thought......Maggie's and Glen survive and the baby is okay. I highly doubt they would have two babies on the show so if Hershel junior is okay then Judith will die. I don't see them Lucille a baby so I could see her getting her comic death. Which means Negan kills Father Gabriel and he falls on her.

Just some thoughts....

I agree that Rick won't die anytime soon and I wish the show would focus in on him more. He's what ties the whole show together in my opinion and they spend way too much time focusing on minor/supporting characters often to just kill them off.

I know Daryl won't die, if he was to die they'd more than likely show it on screen and not end on yet another off screen cliffhanger cop out. Even though I like Daryl, I'd be okay with them killing him off because at least that would have an impact. Killing off Denise didn't matter to me and it was a relief she stopped talking. Killing off Bob in the way they did substituting him for Dale made that scene have way less of an impact and again I didn't really care. Killing off Beth after a long side story didn't matter to me either and was a relief as she was really a minor character in the background brought to the forefront to do nothing more than kill time it seemed.

I've said it before and I know they won't go there with the ratings they get, but if they shortened up the seasons they could really tighten up their story lines and I think it would be a much better show for it.

Killing off Daryl may not necessarily be a bad thing. It will shake things up in a major way in the group. I am sure we will all miss Norman Reedus a lot on the show but it will allow a whole bunch of other characters to step up. I thought the Jesus character has potential to be a good one.

On 3/30/2016 at 10:31 AM, Templeton Peck said:

I agree that Rick won't die anytime soon and I wish the show would focus in on him more. He's what ties the whole show together in my opinion and they spend way too much time focusing on minor/supporting characters often to just kill them off.

I know Daryl won't die, if he was to die they'd more than likely show it on screen and not end on yet another off screen cliffhanger cop out. Even though I like Daryl, I'd be okay with them killing him off because at least that would have an impact. Killing off Denise didn't matter to me and it was a relief she stopped talking. Killing off Bob in the way they did substituting him for Dale made that scene have way less of an impact and again I didn't really care. Killing off Beth after a long side story didn't matter to me either and was a relief as she was really a minor character in the background brought to the forefront to do nothing more than kill time it seemed.

I've said it before and I know they won't go there with the ratings they get, but if they shortened up the seasons they could really tighten up their story lines and I think it would be a much better show for it.

The problem is they have to save the main cast's deaths at crucial points for them to really hit home. Which means that a whole bunch of minor characters have to die to keep emphasizing the danger of the world. But if you kill them off without any character development then people complain that none of the deaths are meaningful. That is why they devote time to a character before he/she bites the dust. This often ends up spoiling the death as every time you see them give a character more screen time than usual you can probably expect them to die soon. It's the path of least resistance. The TWD fanbase is so polarizing though, you can never expect to satisfy everyone. The thing is though they will complain endlessly but when the show airs they will be glued to their TVs.

10 hours ago, Diamond NHL said:

Hide contents

actually maybe not, they added 3 minutes to the finale today & plus you can kind of hear Glenn yelling "Maggie" at 10:34 in that video

Which makes me think

Glenn gets his comic death or they switch it up and Maggie dies. [\spoiler]

I just read that volume of the comic last night and man is Negan a bad ass. He makes the Governor look like a kitten.

No idea how they are going get through the sensors for his Neganims. 

2 hours ago, Toews said:

Killing off Daryl may not necessarily be a bad thing. It will shake things up in a major way in the group. I am sure we will all miss Norman Reedus a lot on the show but it will allow a whole bunch of other characters to step up. I thought the Jesus character has potential to be a good one.

The problem is they have to save the main cast's deaths at crucial points for them to really hit home. Which means that a whole bunch of minor characters have to die to keep emphasizing the danger of the world. But if you kill them off without any character development then people complain that none of the deaths are meaningful. That is why they devote time to a character before he/she bites the dust. This often ends up spoiling the death as every time you see them give a character more screen time than usual you can probably expect them to die soon. It's the path of least resistance. The TWD fanbase is so polarizing though, you can never expect to satisfy everyone. The thing is though they will complain endlessly but when the show airs they will be glued to their TVs.

This is exactly it.

People are complaining that they don't kill off enough "main characters" often enough. However, there are only Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Rick, Sasha (sort of), Carl, Mishone, and Daryl (it's arguable if Abraham and his crew fit in with this group) as main characters. If they killed off one of those every few episodes, you'd run out of main characters quickly. So they need to introduce guys like Noah, Denise, etc.. to act as fodder. They also introduce a group of group of secondary main characters like Tyrese, Bob, Hershel, Shane, etc.. who act as main characters for a couple of seasons but are clearly of a lesser level and fair game. The show wouldn't work as well without the "main" characters. The other option would be to have a revolving door of main characters, but then people would complain about their lack of depth, like they do with Fear the Walking Dead.

Back on topic, I think we'll see a pretty gruesome death of a main character at the end of this season. It won't be a female cast member, as the level of violence would be too intense for viewers to see perpetrated against a woman.

Going forward we'll also see a change in the dynamic of the show as it focuses on the interaction between the different settlements. Main characters from the other camps like Jesus, Dwight, Negan, and others will be added to the main cast. They won't be disposable enemies like the Governor, Terminus, Wolves, etc...They'll be far more permanent fixtures. To introduce these characters and give them proper screen time, they'll clean out some of the main cast.

7 hours ago, Toews said:

For me it's not about killing off main characters and how many of those characters live or die, it's simply how the focus of the show goes astray at times. I don't want more main characters to die, I just want the focus on them, specifically Rick.

It's his journey we are following after all and he ties the entire show together. So for me, every time they go off on a tangent following some supporting character it makes me frustrated with the show.

From my perspective the entire story line with Beth was like if Star Trek decided to dedicate an entire set of episodes to a Red Shirt.

Archived