The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

On 3/4/2016 at 6:52 AM, Rocky Balboa said:

I love the show and the comics but I think they need to end it soon, as in the next 2-3 seasons.

I feel the TV stories are starting to drag and become predictable and are they eventually going to recast,retcon or kill off Carl?  Kid is going to be an adult soon...:lol:

On 3/5/2016 at 10:07 PM, Darth Kane said:

I think they'll end the show after the Negan storyline has been completed. My guess is two more seasons after this one. It wouldn't surprise me to see more spinoffs too. 

13 hours ago, Darth Kane said:

This episode was intense. You just know things are about to get real bad for the Survivors. 

I haven't been watching full episodes...I watched a couple for about 10 mins and it is the same ol same ol....chatting in the evening among 2 cast members or Rick talking about taking charge...it really got old for me. It better get on track about WHY and HOW this all happened soon or no one is gonna care and a new sci fi genre will pick up and run.

Like this person states you know thing are about to get real bad....its because its getting repetitive. 

52 minutes ago, fwybwed said:

I haven't been watching full episodes...I watched a couple for about 10 mins and it is the same ol same ol....chatting in the evening among 2 cast members or Rick talking about taking charge...it really got old for me. It better get on track about WHY and HOW this all happened soon or no one is gonna care and a new sci fi genre will pick up and run.

Like this person states you know thing are about to get real bad....its because its getting repetitive. 

The ratings are still strong. Last nights episode was great. If you didn't enjoy it, the show's probably not for you.

14 minutes ago, taxi said:

The ratings are still strong. Last nights episode was great. If you didn't enjoy it, the show's probably not for you.

I watched from day 1 and bought seasons....it was for me when it was about zombies....but now its human vs human...camp vs camp... very predictable...strong ratings I doubt that... I am waiting for FTWD....

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

No way. The pizza delivery guy's luck is going to run out soon.

As someone has already stated that Glenn being killed off would be way too obvious. They literally faked his death twice in the last 3-5 episodes so to actually carry it out would be a waste of the previous episodes. It would just be embarrassing and poor writing... 

1 minute ago, fwybwed said:

I watched from day 1 and bought seasons....it was for me when it was about zombies....but now its human vs human...camp vs camp... very predictable...strong ratings I doubt that... I am waiting for FTWD....

Got over 12 million viewers last night.

The show has always been about human vs. human. The zombies are just a plot device. 

In every season so far, the greater conflict has always been about dealing with other people in a desperate situation. The zombies have never been anything more than props that drive the human vs. human conflict. 

For those who are curious, there are no plans to end the series anytime soon:

"I happen to love working from source material, specifically because we have a pretty good idea of what Season 10 is gonna be", Alpert said. "We know where seasons 11 and 12 [will be]... we have benchmarks and milestones for those seasons if we're lucky enough to get there.

-Executive Producer, David Alpert

3 minutes ago, fwybwed said:

All you have to do is look up the ratings to know you are out to lunch. The ratings get stronger with each passing season with this season being the highest yet.

I know you don't like the human v human struggle but you can only go around hacking and slashing zombies for so long until it becomes old hat. They are still there to let you know the danger they can become if you let your guard down but the human v human element is the show (and the comic).

FTWD will become the same show once they establish how to survive.

12 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

All you have to do is look up the ratings to know you are out to lunch. The ratings get stronger with each passing season with this season being the highest yet.

I know you don't like the human v human struggle but you can only go around hacking and slashing zombies for so long until it becomes old hat. They are still there to let you know the danger they can become if you let your guard down but the human v human element is the show (and the comic).

FTWD will become the same show once they establish how to survive.

FTWD's ratings also trailed off quickly and it ended up getting about half the viewership of TWD. FTWD was clearly a step in quality below the main series.

2 hours ago, jejejester said:

My guess is carols time is coming to an end.  Now that she's the mom figure everyone loves.

Not so sure, iirc producers were saying they would find her death almost sacrilegious, as they have grown her from abused, battered woman, through to kick ass do what must be done warrior

Archived