The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

22 minutes ago, Darth Kane said:

TWD isn't the first show to end a season on a cliff hanger and they won't be the last.  The producers want to give the audience as much motivation as possible to keep watching next season.  

Take away any cynicism for a moment, would you be more excited about season 7 because you had to find out who died and how the group deals with it, or would you be more excited about just seeing how the group deals with it. 

See that's the thing, my problem isn't with the Cliffhanger, it's just that this is the first time I feel like we haven't had any resolution to the season's question.

I think my problem is; as a comic fan/somebody who had heard the "big spoiler", I wanted an answer to the wrong question;

instead of "Who is Negan?" I wanted to know "Who is Negan's First kill?" - and I'm not sure that was entirely fair to the show.

If I had never heard of Negan or that scene, I think it would have been alot more of a shock, and I don't think AMC was prepared for just how many people had already seen/heard/read about that scene.

26 minutes ago, Darth Kane said:

TWD isn't the first show to end a season on a cliff hanger and they won't be the last.  The producers want to give the audience as much motivation as possible to keep watching next season.  

Take away any cynicism for a moment, would you be more excited about season 7 because you had to find out who died and how the group deals with it, or would you be more excited about just seeing how the group deals with it. 

Yes I would be more excited for the next season if a couple ppl died in the finale. 

5 minutes ago, WonderTwinPowers said:

The character that Rick talked about it being his last day on earth, was he used in GTA V? He sure had the face and manurisms of the super Red neck main character, can't quite remember his name.

Edit- haha yes it was, Steven Ogg voiced and played Trevor in GTA V

He's &^@#ing insane. There's little to no chance you're walking away if that guy is in control

8 hours ago, Down by the River said:

And what happens when Spring 2017 rolls around and the same thing happens. Cliffhangers are part of ANY season finale. However, most strong season finales usually provide some resolution to other conflicts/concerns. Viewers of TWD got the cliffhanger, but no prior resolution to feel like their investment in the season paid off.

The 'resolution' was discussed on The Talking Dead.

The resolution was that they aren't going to get out of everything, every time. And because I know this is a series I am ok with it. I don't need an absolute resolution when I know I am going to tune in next season anyway. 

Disappointed +++

i tried so hard for weeks not to read any spoilers. There was nothing to spoil!!

Used 90 frikkin minutes of my day to learn that:

1. Negan bad

2. Lucille is a bat

3. Carol gets shot 

14 minutes ago, Lillooet_Hillbilly said:

maybe if they didn't waste that rpg round on the zombies they could have wasted a round with 16 standing in a nice little line and carried on

its little things like this, this kinda logic, that with everything that this group has been through, you'd think that rick, the leader would be a little more aware of what he's getting in to, even when jesus TOLD him that your world is getting bigger, then the shenanigans at hill top the first time

to me, as a fan, (i've never read the comics, probably never will,) of the TV show, the first few seasons of the show, rick as my favourite character, was this awesome leader-- a guy you could really get behind, built this team of ragtag people who trusted him and his leadership-- but this past season has shown that he's all out, "we'll go git em! coral! we'll git em, cause he survave!" that hes lost everything thats cool about him. the guy is pretty much like the governer of how he wants to approach negan, and we're either going to lose someone important, or someone no one really cares about. one thing i've learned about this show is don't trust the comics

9 hours ago, Lillooet_Hillbilly said:

maybe if they didn't waste that rpg round on the zombies they could have wasted a round with 16 standing in a nice little line and carried on

I must have missed that, all I saw was Daryl taking out Negan's guys on the way back to Alexandria with Abe and Sasha.?

8 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

its little things like this, this kinda logic, that with everything that this group has been through, you'd think that rick, the leader would be a little more aware of what he's getting in to, even when jesus TOLD him that your world is getting bigger, then the shenanigans at hill top the first time

to me, as a fan, (i've never read the comics, probably never will,) of the TV show, the first few seasons of the show, rick as my favourite character, was this awesome leader-- a guy you could really get behind, built this team of ragtag people who trusted him and his leadership-- but this past season has shown that he's all out, "we'll go git em! coral! we'll git em, cause he survave!" that hes lost everything thats cool about him. the guy is pretty much like the governer of how he wants to approach negan, and we're either going to lose someone important, or someone no one really cares about. one thing i've learned about this show is don't trust the comics

Rick has always been questionable as  leader. He was having psychotic breaks in the prison. He also seems to break down constantly when things get tough. For example when he arrives in Alexandria, he gets into a schoolyard style fist fight. He's also always had trouble keeping people in his group under control. Various members are constantly going rogue on personal vendetta missions.

Rick has never been a dependable leader. An ongoing them of the show is that no one is, and a dependable leadership style has yet to be established.

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

I must have missed that, all I saw was Daryl taking out Negan's guys on the way back to Alexandria with Abe and Sasha.?

it was when they used that fuel truck to spread gas all over Alexandria and then used a rpg to ignite it.  It was a little overkill since a match or flare would have done the trick

5 minutes ago, Lillooet_Hillbilly said:

it was when they used that fuel truck to spread gas all over Alexandria and then used a rpg to ignite it.  It was a little overkill since a match or flare would have done the trick

Oh yeh, now I remember- and it was a waste. Still should have 2 rounds though. Maybe using one more on Negan's guys, at the first road block, would convince Negan to just leave those guys alone? Kind of like how Daryl and Rick showed Jesus they had lots of ammo.

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Oh yeh, now I remember- and it was a waste. Still should have 2 rounds though. Maybe using one more on Negan's guys, at the first road block, would convince Negan to just leave those guys alone? Kind of like how Daryl and Rick showed Jesus they had lots of ammo.

The point was that Rick had underestimated Negan's group, so they didn't have the proper equipment/man power to deal with him. Rick had no idea how big or well organized/equipped Negan's group was. He was under the impression that he'd already taken out a large portion of it and the rest should be scared. That was the whole point of the road block scenes. It slowly showed Rick's confidence fading.

58 minutes ago, taxi said:

The point was that Rick had underestimated Negan's group, so they didn't have the proper equipment/man power to deal with him. Rick had no idea how big or well organized/equipped Negan's group was. He was under the impression that he'd already taken out a large portion of it and the rest should be scared. That was the whole point of the road block scenes. It slowly showed Rick's confidence fading.

Well said. Negan stated in the end scene that all that work was done to let them know how equipped the Saviours were, and what they were capable of.

Jeffery Dean Morgan hit that performance out of the park.

I thought it was a pretty good episode despite the ending.

The whole episode was building to a climax that just never came and that was disappointing. The cliffhanger just seemed unnecessary and the shock value of a main character getting beaten to death with a bat on screen would have brought the episode to a whole other level.

I have no issue with cliffhangers, just that the show overuses them. The previous episode with Darryl getting shot, Glenn almost being killed, etc. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching 60's Batman instead of The Walking Dead.

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well said. Negan stated in the end scene that all that work was done to let them know how equipped the Saviours were, and what they were capable of.

Jeffery Dean Morgan hit that performance out of the park.

Considering the end of the show was basically a 5 minute soliloquy by him..he is a hell of an actor and next season should be a hoot..loved JD Morgan in Texas Rising.

Archived