The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 11:10 AM, Monty said:

Yes, I'm aware of the source material. Read a good portion of it. Just think the show has grown incredibly stale.

Than perhaps this is not the thread you are looking for. Unless you're just looking to try and bring it down, when most here seem to enjoy it. They're about to introduce a badass villain played by a badass actor, I'm personally stoked.

46 minutes ago, Monty said:

So what you're saying is, people should only comment on things with overwhelming positivity, regardless of the quality of the product?

No. There's a group of people who come into this thread constantly who obviously have no interest in the show. 

They just come in saying things like why don't they kill all the main characters every episode.... A dur....I want it to end this season.

It's one thing to criticize specific parts. But if you don't like the show as a whole, don't watch it and don't post in here.

51 minutes ago, Monty said:

So what you're saying is, people should only comment on things with overwhelming positivity, regardless of the quality of the product?

4 minutes ago, taxi said:

No. There's a group of people who come into this thread constantly who obviously have no interest in the show. 

They just come in saying things like why don't they kill all the main characters every episode.... A dur....I want it to end this season.

It's one thing to criticize specific parts. But if you don't like the show as a whole, don't watch it and don't post in here.

Monty is right. The show is stale. But taxi is also right. Why troll?

My beef with the last episode is that the writers some how made Denise (who for the most part an irrelevant character) more and more unlikable throughout the episode to a point where an arrow killing her to shut her up was in some twisted way desirable. The worst part is, the writers actually TRIED to make us like Denise by showing us how brave she was and by explaining to us why she made the decisions she made etc. But it just didn't work. In fact it had the opposite effect.

27 minutes ago, taxi said:

17 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Monty is right. The show is stale. But taxi is also right. Why troll?

My beef with the last episode is that the writers some how made Denise (who for the most part an irrelevant character) more and more unlikable throughout the episode to a point where an arrow killing her to shut her up was in some twisted way desirable. The worst part is, the writers actually TRIED to make us like Denise by showing us how brave she was and by explaining to us why she made the decisions she made etc. But it just didn't work. In fact it had the opposite effect.

I will say that I'm not trolling (at least, I don't think I am). I've seen every episode, except for Sunday night's. Regardless of how bad I think the show may be, which I think is quite bad, I'm still a big horror and zombie fan. And I think TWD reach it's peak after season 2.

Now, I know at the time a lot of people didn't like season 2, but what I liked about it was it was showed a select few who have manage to survive, trying to go back to a life of normalcy, a life they believe they could still have. This lead to Carol zombie daughter being killed, Shane losing his marbles and dying, and the group just entering the conclusion that they will never have the life they used to have. That's over. And I think since then, the seasons have largely been the same. Very little character development, except for Carol, incredibly similar themes but set in different locations.

The characters have evolved to a point in their character development where they are no longer interesting. So creating a story outside of "wake up, look for food/supplies, kill walkers, kill other humans" is what the show has become for a few seasons now. If people are satisfied with that, awesome. But the quality is nowhere near where it was in season's 1 and 2.

23 minutes ago, Monty said:

I will say that I'm not trolling (at least, I don't think I am). I've seen every episode, except for Sunday night's. Regardless of how bad I think the show may be, which I think is quite bad, I'm still a big horror and zombie fan. And I think TWD reach it's peak after season 2.

Now, I know at the time a lot of people didn't like season 2, but what I liked about it was it was showed a select few who have manage to survive, trying to go back to a life of normalcy, a life they believe they could still have. This lead to Carol zombie daughter being killed, Shane losing his marbles and dying, and the group just entering the conclusion that they will never have the life they used to have. That's over. And I think since then, the seasons have largely been the same. Very little character development, except for Carol, incredibly similar themes but set in different locations.

The characters have evolved to a point in their character development where they are no longer interesting. So creating a story outside of "wake up, look for food/supplies, kill walkers, kill other humans" is what the show has become for a few seasons now. If people are satisfied with that, awesome. But the quality is nowhere near where it was in season's 1 and 2.

If there's something about it you don't enjoy (which is absolutely fine) then stop watching it and posting negatively in a thread that's generally filled with people enjoying it. You quote arguably the worst season as the peak, which doesn't match up with most fans views, especially those who followed the graphic novel. Maybe FTWD would be more for you since its more "zombie" related and less survivalist which is part of what captivates me. Come here and be critical if that's what really makes you happy I guess, just seems pretty moronic to me to continue subjecting yourself to something you don't like. And then to try and convince the majority of fans views just because you don't dig it just seems like a waste of time. Kind of surprised you can't really see how you're trolling, even if unintentional. But hey, I respect your opinion in most threads on here, so you do you.

It was a decent episode. Seemed like they had planned it to be 2 episodes than pushed it all into one.  

Denise's death was not surprising at all. The fact that they took the rail way back left me thinking something bad was going to happen. 

Honestly most people will hate this but I have no issue with Carol, Maggie or Glen being killed off this season.  I think it would help the show. 

49 minutes ago, jejejester said:

It was a decent episode. Seemed like they had planned it to be 2 episodes than pushed it all into one.  

Denise's death was not surprising at all. The fact that they took the rail way back left me thinking something bad was going to happen. 

Honestly most people will hate this but I have no issue with Carol, Maggie or Glen being killed off this season.  I think it would help the show. 

I think we'll see a major death for a series finale. Rick and his group have been getting away with too many full on massacres of Negan's troops. Not sure how big Negan's group is, but Rick et al have taken out a couple dozen fighters now, ransacked their equipment, destroyed bikes, cut off hilltop, etc...

In order to keep Negan relevant, we will need to see Negan strike back in a major way.

6 hours ago, Lillooet_Hillbilly said:

I didn't understand when Daryl and them went into that store there was bloody hand prints and all that on the plywood in front but the other stores looked like the plywood just came off the press and shiny.  I know most people wouldn't notice that but whenever i see plywood I have to look hard

The show is limited in its realism by what practical. I thought it the handprints were a bit overdone. But the concept was neat. Basically re-enacting a horrible scene of people being trapped in this store until they survived via forensic evidence.

17 minutes ago, Stanky Legs said:

Where is it?

Give me a few minutes, I'll edit this post with spoilers once I get on my computer. :)

EDIT:

Major spoilers for the last two episodes. 6x15 is 100% confirmed, 6x16 is mostly confirmed.

Do not expand spoiler unless you want to be spoiled.

Seriously. This is major spoilers.... Turn back now before it's too late.

6x15 Episode:

- The opening scene shows blood on the ground in the middle of a road.

- Carl is looking at a pistol with a baseball bat and barbed wire carved into the handle.

- Carol is packing a bag. She hides it and Tobin enters her room. A kiss happens, and then the next morning Tobin is seen in her bed.

- Michonne leaves Rick in bed as she has a shift to do.

- Daryl leaves ASZ on his bike. Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita get in a van to go after him. Rosita says she's knows where he's going. Glenn looks back at Maggie as they drive off.

- Tobin tells Rick about Carol's departure. Rick and Morgan leave in search of her.

- Carol runs into some trouble on the road. Her tires get blown out by a group of men. She goes into disguise mode, pretending to be helpless. She is able to kill some of them with a hidden gun. She then impales a guy on a stick. A second guy appears to be alive and after a gunshot the shot goes black. Blood is seen on the floor (this is the same shot from the opening sequence)

- Morgan and Rick stumble across Carol's car and discovers the dead Saviors. They follow a blood trail and find a walker who they believe could be Carol. It's not.

- An armored man appears while screaming about incoming walkers and runs towards a barn. Rick points his gun at this man, but Morgan pushes him out of the way so he can escape. Morgan then confesses about how he tried to help the Wolf and change him.

- Rick tells Morgan that Michonne stole his protein bar as he leaves to head home. Morgan is left to find Carol on his own, which is what he wanted.

- A third survivor who was wounded by Carol appears from behind some bushes back at the car wreck. He heads in the direction of where Rick and Morgan went (towards the barn).

- Maggie asks Enid for a haircut, to which she obliges after being a little hesitant. Maggie starts getting stomach pains.

- Rosita, Glenn and Michonne find Daryl. Rosita goes with Daryl to find Dwight but Glenn and Michonne head home. Glenn and Michonne eventually get surrounded by Saviors.

- Daryl and Rosita find Glenn and Michonne tied up. Glenn shakes his head to signal to Daryl to stay back.

- The episode ends with Dwight and his Saviors ambushing Daryl from behind. Dwight shoots Daryl as he turns around and blood is splattered on the camera. Screen goes black and you hear Dwight say, "You'll be alright."

6x16 spoilers that have been mostly confirmed.

- Another man in custom-made armor is spotted, this time being beaten by saviors. He isn't the one who Morgan saved.

- Morgan finds a horse.

- Carol is ambushed by the savior who survived her attack, he shoots her a few times (in the leg and arm) and has her down for the kill. Carol almost begs the guy to finish her off, taunting him at least, it's like she's given up on life and wants everything to be over. But just in the nick of time Morgan comes to the rescue with a pistol. (This is in red because it was thought to happen in ep 15 but may happen here in the finale instead)

- Morgan tries to reason with him but the man will not give up his gun or pursuit. Morgan ends up shooting Carol’s assailant, finally breaking his own code and kills him. (This is in red because it was thought to happen in ep 15 but may happen here in the finale instead)

- Morgan tries to convince Carol to return with him and informs her that many people came looking for her and that everyone else would have but they were gone before they knew she was, but she doesn't want to come back to Alexandria and justifies it by say no longer wants to kill anymore. She's in a really bad state, and appears welcoming of death.

- Men in custom armor show up with horses and offer their help to Carol and Morgan. This is the last we see of them for the season.

(The man in custom-made armor that Morgan would not let Rick kill shows up in this episode with another man covered in similar armor too. Turns out Morgan's instincts were right about him, they appear to be decent people as some members of our group find out. The people in armor seem to be enemies of the saviors.)

- At Alexandria they are preparing to transport Maggie to the Hilltop via RV. Rick, Abraham, Glen, Maggie, Aaron, Eugene and Carl all tag come along on this venture. Rick would rather Aaron stay, but Aaron says the only way to stop him is to shoot him or punch him (again).

- Along the way the roads are blocked by different groups of saviors. Our people faced one group similarly to how Daryl, Sasha and Abraham faced the group which they blew up, but this time was different. This group had an unnamed victim with them (the armored guy being beaten at the beginning of the episode.).

- Threats are thrown around with the leader of this group (Not Negan), with Rick asking him "Do you want this to be your last day on Earth?” and the leader returns Ricks question. After an intense standoff it's Rick's group that turns back.

- Now on another road, our group comes across a chain of walkers, two of which are wearing things that belong to Michonne and Daryl (two locks of Michonne's hair and Daryl's jacket). Because of this everyone comes to the realization that Daryl and Michonne are hostages.

- In the woods there's a group of saviors watching who start whistling then start shooting at our group, taunting them, driving them back into a certain direction that they want. Rick realizes this after seeing that that the saviors are purposely only shooting at the group's legs.

- A little while later the the saviors hang their unnamed victim (who was armored), Aaron wants to shoot the chain to try to save them but Rick concludes it is pointless.

- Toward the end our group is cornered and becomes surrounded by the saviors and taken captive, with Michonne and Daryl (who turn out to be alive) brought into the mix to join them. I've heard it's nine people in total from our group: Rick, Carl, Glenn, Daryl, Michonne, Maggie, Abraham, Eugene and Aaron.

- Then the man you all have been waiting for, Negan, shows up in the last ten minutes of the episode, along with his barbed-wired bat that he calls by name "Lucille".

- He has a long monologue in which he explains that Rick killed a lot of his people and that Rick and the others have to start working for him, giving him half of what they have. And as retribution he concludes that he's going to kill one of them and if anybody tried to stop him he would take Carl's other eye and give it to Rick to eat.

- Our group are all on their knees as he decides who to kill; He looks at Maggie (who's health/stomach pains have worsened), but Glenn interjects and Negan says he was thinking to kill her so he could get her out of her pains. He has trouble deciding which one to kill so he begins his game of "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" Every one of our captured characters' faces are shown during the count.

And the moment we’ve all been waiting for....

- When he finally chooses, the camera view switches to the ill-fated character's point of view, so we don't know who has been selected. Negan bashes his/her head and their vision/the camera becomes blurry. Everybody starts shouting at the carnage. Then Negan makes a few more hits causing the ill-fated character to fall on the ground, and after a one more final hit there is a sudden fade to black. End credits, end season.

To make it clear before the questions start: there's no mumbling by said character or anything else that would give away his/her identity. There's just screaming, the bat hits, a blurry camera, and a fade to black. Who dies is just one. Big. Tease.

So these people have been correct about their spoilers 100% of the time throughout this entire season and last season. I see no reason why we should reject these spoilers. Keep in mind, AMC requested the website to remove the spoilers after panicking. So, if they weren't real, why issue DMCA warnings?

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

Give me a few minutes, I'll edit this post with spoilers once I get on my computer. :)

EDIT:

Major spoilers for the last two episodes. 6x15 is 100% confirmed, 6x16 is mostly confirmed.

Reveal hidden contents

6x15 Episode:

I assume the guys in armor are from the kingdom (the kingdom has this weird thing where they pretend they are in medieval times. They all ride on horses and one of them even has a lion)

12 hours ago, Shaft said:

EDIT:

Hide contents

6x15 Episode:

meh, pretty tame and I was right to stop watching.

Archived