The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

7 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

It would've been better if that a-hole didn't chop the rope off. In the end the episode was still a bit of a big nothing.

i had a feeling that he was gonna kill them. it'll be interesting to see what happens to jake and alex going forward. i really liked nicks character in this episode and they finally showed a side of chris that didn't make me want him dead for a change, so the episode wasn't a big nothing. you really need to stop watching if you're constantly going to be this miserable

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

i had a feeling that he was gonna kill them. it'll be interesting to see what happens to jake and alex going forward. i really liked nicks character in this episode and they finally showed a side of chris that didn't make me want him dead for a change, so the episode wasn't a big nothing. you really need to stop watching if you're constantly going to be this miserable

Yeah you are right it wasn't really a big nothing. It's the best episode of the series so far in a sense.

Who are Jake and Alex?? The Asian woman and the sick dude?

The best part of the episode was Alicia getting mad towards the end. Alycia is fearsome when she gets mad.

7 hours ago, Hobbes!!! said:

Another solid episode. 

I really like Alex. I hope she comes back to the story somehow. 

Yeah. With only a few minutes of screen time she was honestly more captivating than most of the cast. I never saw the web series but I'm starting to understand why fans back her character.

While some of the dialogue has been a tad bit dry, Fear the Walking Dead has done a great job of setting up a foreboding atmosphere and feelings of powerlessness.

I think the biggest complaint I've heard is that most people wish that FTWD made the point of concentrating more on the breakdown of society. It would have been interesting to see a more in depth visual of how LA descended into hell. The wide panning shot of LA as it literally burns is amazing, and maybe having a 5-10 minute intro exploring the horrors occurring on the mainland would satiate the fan base.

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While some of the dialogue has been a tad bit dry, Fear the Walking Dead has done a great job of setting up a foreboding atmosphere and feelings of powerlessness.

I think the biggest complaint I've heard is that most people wish that FTWD made the point of concentrating more on the breakdown of society. It would have been interesting to see a more in depth visual of how LA descended into hell. The wide panning shot of LA as it literally burns is amazing, and maybe having a 5-10 minute intro exploring the horrors occurring on the mainland would satiate the fan base.

The show may still go there, right now the group just knows things have gone south and they've fled.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to seek out some sort of civilization.

I hope they focus more on Nick, he's been by far the best character on the show. 

24 minutes ago, Darth Kane said:

The show may still go there, right now the group just knows things have gone south and they've fled.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to seek out some sort of civilization.

I hope they focus more on Nick, he's been by far the best character on the show. 

True. They've heard through reports or word of mouth, but the only strong visual was that wide pan of the fires raging, which was pretty chilling to say the least. It would be interesting to see some chaos going down in center of downtown LA, although the carnage would have to be extremely gory to be realistic.

Nick has always been an interesting character and continues to be. Him showing up with the blood covered face was crazy. Also I don't notice a lot of hammy acting in FTWD, which Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus can sometimes be guilty of in TWD. That whole episode when they met Jesus was filled with some pretty silly posturing and goofy dialogue.

I found "Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462" on YouTube. Which is great because it plays episodes back to back. 

Flight 462 explains why Alex feels obligated to save Jake. And shows that Alex is a bit ahead of everyone on the zombie apocalypse learning curve. Kind of a great way to introduce and develop characters. I hope they do more of those.  

On 4/11/2016 at 9:54 PM, Chris said:

If you want to add some mystery to fear the walking dead;

http://www.amc.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead/video-extras/fear-the-walking-dead-flight-462-parts-1-16

That mini series; it's about 15 minutes, I just watched it, and it was actually pretty damn cool - and well done.

and a few solid and entertaining shorts/Webisodes on the original series as well for anybody interested

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-dead/video-extras/torn-apart-webisodes

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-dead/video-extras/cold-storage-webisodes

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-dead/video-extras/the-oath-webisodes

Alex and Jake's debut is in the bolded Miniseries.

I liked that episode although I feel like Nick should have encountered more zombies. Salazar getting disarmed like that was probably not a good idea. They have shown him as someone that gets this world. He then let's his guard and gets owned. They should have the invaders surprise him.

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Not to be a dumbass but who are these people that took over the boat..were they in any previous episode..they knew everyones names as well?

It was the person Alicia was speaking to on the radio in the first episode. She gave away their position but they managed to shake them off. Then in this episode they somehow found them anyway. Remains unclear how they know everyone's names as Alicia claims she never told them. 

They should really stop giving Madison all of the annoying lines. I get that they are doing the whole fretful mother thing with her but overdoing it annoys the audience and just makes her more hated.

6 minutes ago, Toews said:

It was the person Alicia was speaking to on the radio in the first episode. She gave away their position but they managed to shake them off. Then in this episode they somehow found them anyway. Remains unclear how they know everyone's names as Alicia claims she never told them. 

They should really stop giving Madison all of the annoying lines. I get that they are doing the whole fretful mother thing with her but overdoing it annoys the audience and just makes her more hated.

Thanks.I think I must have missed the first episode of the season...funny you say that..I thought lastnight that Madison was coming on way to strong..they have her portrayed as this major hardass..Im having a hardtime with her right now.

19 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Not to be a dumbass but who are these people that took over the boat..were they in any previous episode..they knew everyones names as well?

Spoiler

if you remember alicia talking to someone over the radio, that was one of the guys

i thought it was a solid episode. nicks becoming the more watchable characters on the show. i really dig his psychology when it comes to the zombies. i liked strands back story to help round out his character. as for them knowing everyones names,

Spoiler

i'm thinking they ran into alex and jake. you could tell the story that she picked up everyones names before they all left, going back to when she first met the group during that invasion on the beach. alex and jake had nothing on them worthwhile but knew of a boat in the area to spare them

Who do people think the main protagonist will end up being? Travis was the most annoying character last season. This year Madison has taken up that title. If I had to guess it will have to be one of them with the other one ending up dead. I think we will see two deaths this season Ophelia seems to serve no purpose so she is easily disposable. I think one of Travis or Madison will probably end up dead in the finale with the survivor taking up the mantle as the leader of the group.

56 minutes ago, Toews said:

Who do people think the main protagonist will end up being? Travis was the most annoying character last season. This year Madison has taken up that title. If I had to guess it will have to be one of them with the other one ending up dead. I think we will see two deaths this season Ophelia seems to serve no purpose so she is easily disposable. I think one of Travis or Madison will probably end up dead in the finale with the survivor taking up the mantle as the leader of the group.

Kinda hoping they both go...I think they are setting Nick up as a potential leader and Daniel as well.

14 hours ago, Toews said:

Ophelia gets taken out then Daniel goes out in a blaze of glory saving the others in the process.

Archived