The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van Sun Article: A frustrated fan makes a tough decision and says so long to the Canucks

Grapefruits

Pfffha.

Paleeease.

I can't feel sorry for someone that has had lower bowl season tickets for over 20 years.

"The first and only female producer at EA Sports on its NHL team"? The cost is probably a cool breeze through her bank account.

I feel worse for the kids and the nine to fivers that depend on hockey to unwind at night... something after work to look forward to!

I guess we all lose in the end, but honestly... A true fan is not dependent upon how much money they spend or how many jerseys they own. I'm more impressed by people that catch every season game WITHOUT having bought a ticket.

I streamed all my games for 2 years, I'm happy to say.

Not the best quality, but I didn't pay them a stupid cent.

If you can't quit hockey completely, I say spend the least amount of cash you can on them. I'm not going to cry for some lady that makes 150 grand a year. Have you seen what the EA staff gets treated like by directors and producers?!

I say again, "Pffffff"

Pfffha.

Paleeease.

I can't feel sorry for someone that has had lower bowl season tickets for over 20 years.

"The first and only female producer at EA Sports on its NHL team"? The cost is probably a cool breeze through her bank account.

I feel worse for the kids and the nine to fivers that depend on hockey to unwind at night... something after work to look forward to!

I guess we all lose in the end, but honestly... A true fan is not dependent upon how much money they spend or how many jerseys they own. I'm more impressed by people that catch every season game WITHOUT having bought a ticket.

If you can't quit hockey completely, I say spend the least amount of cash you can on them. I'm not going to cry for some lady that makes 150 grand a year. Have you seen what the EA staff gets treated like by directors and producers?!

I say again, "Pffffff"

Pfffha.

Paleeease.

I say again, "Pffffff"

Also there was mention of putting her refund on their line of credit. Ummm... if you have a bunch of debt sitting on a credit line...WTF are you spending that kind of money on hockey tickets for?!?!!! :shock: Messed up priorities!

Anyway...yup, good for her for sending a message with her money. And like the others above, I will not be spending any money on NHL gear this year (especially hard as I'd love to give my new twin sons some cute Canuck gear).

I like the fact the she was an EA employee and now a company owner.Unfortunately, faceless fans complaining on social media does not accomplish much. However, a well written and concise business cancellation containing multiple concerns, persecuation, and retributrion from a former business investor does. It's only $19000 but now it's in the media. You've got to get people like her and maybe small businesses to make this public too.

I thought the article was very smartly written and portrays the realities and heartbreak that many of the supporters are going through. She outlines a lot of the concerns, challenges and mindsets we struggle with.

I think they made a mistake and they will regret it. So what if there hasn't been hockey for 6 weeks. To give up lower bowl seasons tickets is not a wise decision.

It may feel liberating for a day or two but it will suck when the Canucks are passing around Lord Stanley's mug as they skate around the ice at Rogers Center. Unfortunately Meredith won't be present to enjoy it because she got emotional and canceled her tickets.

Edit. Now I see it more clearly. This was a financial decision. She just made it out to be something else.

I think they made a mistake and they will regret it. So what if there hasn't been hockey for 6 weeks. To give up lower bowl seasons tickets is not a wise decision.

It may feel liberating for a day or two but it will suck when the Canucks are passing around Lord Stanley's mug as they skate around the ice at Rogers Center. Unfortunately Meredith won't be present to enjoy it because she got emotional and canceled her tickets.

Edit. Now I see it more clearly. This was a financial decision. She just made it out to be something else.

Orrrr she could just land stanley cup final tickets and see the game just the same instead of paying for entire seasons tickets

The point is that fans like her are trying to speak with their wallets and make a point.. how is it that some of you don't get this.. the whole purpose is to try to start a movement.. one person doing it may be folly but get a bunch to start doing it and suddenly the nhl will listen.. whether it actually happens is actually irrelevant.. its the principle of the matter. Sure, in her case maybe it was about dollars more than her anger, but I'm sure many fans are currently upset and want to show the nhl that they will not tolerate their bullsht and politics.

If you think shes dumb for doing so that's your opinion but if you can't understand the reasoning behind this type of action then that's pretty dumb also.. why should the league be allowed to just lockout at every cba negotiation with impunity? They shouldn't.. if this fan is showing their way to rebel against it and say that they will not tolerate supporting this type of league then I say good on em.

Archived