The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

You expected The Three Stooges to be something other than slapstick? :picard:

Have you not seen even one episode of the real Three Stooges?

I know that Three Stooges is all slapstick comedy, but no I have never seen an episode. The original Three Stooges is too old for me.

What I meant to say was that it was dumb slapstick like hitting a guy in the head with a sledgehammer or poking someone in the eyes every 30 seconds (which I know is a staple to the characters).

There are a lot of slapstick comedies that are way better like Dodgeball, Home Alone, and Happy Gilmore just to name a few.

V for Vendetta - 7.5/10. To be fair I spoiled much of it for myself but I give it props for justice/revolution/tyranny. Also some of the scenes were pretty spectacular.

Inception - 9.5/10. A very intelligent movie that I would recommend to anyone who has not seen it. It's not the easiest of movies to grasp and it makes you think, which I think is the beauty of it.

Howl's Moving Castle - 8/10. It has the artwork you've come to love from Studio Ghibli but I think certain areas like character development fall short of what I consider the standard (Spirited Away).

Guest Gumballthechewy

I must have watched that movie over 100 times as a kid. I suppose that's kind of weird.

I don't think that's weird.

Ronin - 6.5/10

I remember this being a lot better when I first saw it back in '98. Perhaps I just wasn't in the right mood.

Killer Elite - 2/10

I really didn't find anything good about it at all. Points because I like Clive Owen.

I know that Three Stooges is all slapstick comedy, but no I have never seen an episode. The original Three Stooges is too old for me.

What I meant to say was that it was dumb slapstick like hitting a guy in the head with a sledgehammer or poking someone in the eyes every 30 seconds (which I know is a staple to the characters).

There are a lot of slapstick comedies that are way better like Dodgeball, Home Alone, and Happy Gilmore just to name a few.

those are not slapstick... well, maybe home alone... to an extent. they have some slapstick moments, or slapstick-esque portions, but they are not slapstick movies. Edited by avelanch
  • Upvote 2

Kick-Ass 2-5/10

This movie was all over the place. Parts of it were extremely entertaining, and others were so bad they made you cringe you in the seat. I really enjoyed watching it in parts and hated it in others. I just met it in the middle and gave it a 5.

We're the Millers-6/10

Funny, but forgettable.