The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

I'm currently watching 'In Time' for maybe the 5th time. As long as JT doesn't sing or dance he is very watchable IMO. 7/10.

While I actually am on to agree with you on the second half of that sentence, In Time is unwatchable horse crap. Horrendous movie, with a (even for a sci-fi movie) stupid plot and brutal acting. But thats my opinion.

I think i gave that movie a 1/10 and that was mostly for the female eye candy.

The Iceman - 4.5/10

So let me get one thing out of the way right away. Michael Shannon is the scariest looking person on earth.

True story of a mob hitman, Richard Kuklinksi, nicknamed "Iceman" for freezing his victims as it made it difficult for the coroner to determine a time of death. Unfortunately, this is where the movie ceases to be interesting. Keep in mind, all I did there was give you a brief, brief synopsis of Richard Kuklinski, and that was the most interesting thing about the film, the synopsis.

I kept waiting for the film to get going, but nothing happened. You never feel bad for Kuklinski (not that you are meant to). At the end of the day, the script fell so flat that you don't realize until the very end that the filmmakers aren't actually telling any story at all. And the series of events that you do see don't lead to anything interesting either.

It's too bad, because Shannon was, as usual, absolutely frightening in his role. Chris Evans, who I have never been too impressed with, did a terrific job in his otherwise wasted role. James Franco popped by to make a cameo appearance (as I'm sure he was in the studio next door doing another cameo) in a role he didn't need to be in. Ray Liotta plays the main mob boss, but seems like he's just phoning it in.

The film is an hour and 45 minutes in length, but it does fly by, so that is another good thing. It's just too bad that the actors didn't have a better script to work off of.

I'm currently watching 'In Time' for maybe the 5th time. As long as JT doesn't sing or dance he is very watchable IMO. 7/10.

I like JT (great in southlan tales) what are you being punished for that you've had to watch that 5 times? Murder?

I like JT (great in southlan tales) what are you being punished for that you've had to watch that 5 times? Murder?

hahaha,

I have a habit of only partially watching stuff now as I'm usually multitasking. Sometimes I'll have a movie on and listen to the Canucks whilst I'm dooin' other things like surfing and cooking dinner.

Edited by hudson bay rules

LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring - 10/10

Every year before Christmas since 2003, my wife and I watch the entire LOTR trilogy; it's a Christmas tradition for us. Fun fact that I'm sure nobody cares about: My wife and I watched the final film in theatres in 2003 on our honeymoon in Hawaii. We watched Fellowship yesterday, and since the entire trilogy, which we count as 1 film, is our favourite film(s) of all-time, it should come as no surprise that I give it a perfect 10.

Every time I see this, I'm still in awe of the filmmaking. It has been 12 years since it came out, and the SFX still look top notch. And while professional reviewers rated Fellowship below the final two chapters, this is my favourite film of the three. I honestly don't think there is a greater 30 minutes of pure movie magic than when the Fellowship is trying to enter the Mines of Moria and the subsequent leaving of the Mines. That whole sequence is my favourite 30 minutes of film to date.

People who don't like the LOTR films are absolutely entitled to not like it. But if for some reason you still haven't seen it and you love fantasy, you absolutely owe it to yourself to watch what are arguably the greatest films ever made.

I don't rate Christmas movies like I would regular movies. The more corny, silly, funny, outrageous a Christmas movie is the more I enjoy it.

I keep Christmas movies and all other movies separate, it just works best that way.

I rate Christmas movies separate as well, but I rate them against other Christmas movies: A Christmas Carol, A Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, Scrooged, White Christmas; all these films are near perfect for the holiday season. I mean, it's nice to watch corny Christmas films, but I wouldn't rate something like The Santa Clause 3 or Home Alone 4 in the same stratosphere as A Muppet Christmas Carol. But whatever, tomato tomacco.

I rate Christmas movies separate as well, but I rate them against other Christmas movies: A Christmas Carol, A Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, Scrooged, White Christmas; all these films are near perfect for the holiday season. I mean, it's nice to watch corny Christmas films, but I wouldn't rate something like The Santa Clause 3 or Home Alone 4 in the same stratosphere as A Muppet Christmas Carol. But whatever, tomato tomacco.

Can you imagine if there was an Avatar Christmas special OMGZZZZZZ! 18/10!! :towel:

:bigblush:

Anchorman 2- 10/10

Comedy of the year!

So many awesome cameos and the entire movie had so many hilarious one liners. I liked this one way more than the first Anchorman.

Now that I think about the other comedies that were released this year, I would still say Anchorman 2 beats them all with This is the End as a close second.

Edited by Sydney Fife

The Kings of Summer 6.5/10

I absolutely loved the first half of the movie, but the second half was so depressing and pissed me off like no other. Just completely goes against the unwritten code of bros before hoes and makes high school chicks seem like such b!tches. Coming of age films usually have that plot point where the main character is sad for whatever reason, but usually it ends on a happy note. This ending just sucked.

Edited by Tangelos