The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Woman drives 900 miles after GPS error

vancanfan

What I find amusing is that even the mere mentioning of the fact (not that I was the one who even brought gender into it) that men are not perfect drivers resulted in those of the male persuasion leaping all over themselves to defend the so-called position that men are perfect drivers. The 'joke' is an old one and stereotypical..it is in poor taste.....and funny how it only seems to be humorous amongst those of the male persuasion. So this 'joke' is automatically funny because someone with male chromosomes said it? I didn't even make a gender joke yet males were falling all over themselves to defend the fact that they're ......well.......male. Perhaps your so-called 'humor' could use a 2013 update.

You go, girl!

And might I mention: I am woman (hear me roar) and I have only had 3 misdemeanors in my whole 22 years of driving (one was a nasty photo radar on Como Lake Rd. hitting ALL of us / one warning / one no u-turn) . Not one accident that was my fault. So, HAH. And now that I have a truck, I am one of those truck jerks, who can get away with anything. <3

ok. women normaly drive bad, sometimes they don´t know where they´re going (unless the destination is a shopping center).

but sometimes some women drive, errr, well.

my mom is a clear example of "how fast you can go without be considered insane". She loves Formula-1 soo much that she drives like Michael Schumacher, she drives at 180KM/H in the city and 230KM/H on highways and she always says "I´m not driving fast, the car is driving fast"

and to every women posting here, I want a giant chocolate cake, some pudims, and fish. I´m hungry...

What I find amusing is that even the mere mentioning of the fact (not that I was the one who even brought gender into it) that men are not perfect drivers resulted in those of the male persuasion leaping all over themselves to defend the so-called position that men are perfect drivers. The 'joke' is an old one and stereotypical..it is in poor taste.....and funny how it only seems to be humorous amongst those of the male persuasion. So this 'joke' is automatically funny because someone with male chromosomes said it? I didn't even make a gender joke yet males were falling all over themselves to defend the fact that they're ......well.......male. Perhaps your so-called 'humor' could use a 2013 update.

I just reread the thread... no where does anyone claim men are perfect drivers... in fact, no one even said men are GOOD or better then average drivers.

After your post linking a bunch of articles about men drivers, all I saw were youtube videos of women drivers (which were also pretty funny)

And no, I'm pretty sure it'd still be funny if a woman said it.

I'm sure it won't be a funny joke anymore once cars drive themselves completely. Until then, no amount of logical counter-points or debating will change it. Don't try and dictate humor to people, it's a lost cause and you just end up looking like a raging humorless feminist.

Also, poop and fart jokes will always be funny.

I just reread the thread... no where does anyone claim men are perfect drivers... in fact, no one even said men are GOOD or better then average drivers.

After your post linking a bunch of articles about men drivers, all I saw were youtube videos of women drivers (which were also pretty funny)

And no, I'm pretty sure it'd still be funny if a woman said it.

I'm sure it won't be a funny joke anymore once cars drive themselves completely. Until then, no amount of logical counter-points or debating will change it. Don't try and dictate humor to people, it's a lost cause and you just end up looking like a raging humorless feminist.

Also, poop and fart jokes will always be funny.

In 45 years of driving I had one ticket (when I was 20 in 1971) for what a rookie RCMP officer called a "California or rolling stop" at a stop sign at a deserted intersection at 4am in the morning in the bustling metropolis of Prince Rupert. Must have been a slow shift for him.

Nothing else and no accidents for which I was held responsible although I was hit several times by other drivers who were held 100% liable.

Archived