The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Schneider + Holtby/Neuvirth leaves a lot of experience to be wanted, I'd prefer a veteran guy like Nabokov personally. Then NYI & WSH can make a deal for a goalie... Or maybe a 3-way, I guess

To Vancouver: Brouwer, Chimera, WSH's 1st, Nabokov

To NYI: Holtby, Vancouver's 4th

To WSH: Luongo, Raymond

There are rumblings regarding Schneider's agent who might have played his cards differently in light of Luongo doing so good, as well as TSN finally going on record that Schneider will "have to seize his opportunity when it comes", which he has.

Basic fact is, the Canucks are the richest team between the pipes. Lets just enjoy this franchise's golden age now, for it will come to an abrupt stop in a few years.

Schneider + Holtby/Neuvirth leaves a lot of experience to be wanted, I'd prefer a veteran guy like Nabokov personally. Then NYI & WSH can make a deal for a goalie... Or maybe a 3-way, I guess

To Vancouver: Brouwer, Chimera, WSH's 1st, Nabokov

To NYI: Holtby, Vancouver's 4th

To WSH: Luongo, Raymond

If we could get Brouwer and a first I believe it would help our team now and later. Then we can push a guy like raymond and a 3rd for ott.

We are in win now, we need to add size/grit.

Sedin Sedin Burr

Booth Kes Brouwer

Higgs Ott Kass

Volp Lappy Manny

Hammerhuis Edler

Garrison Juice

Bally TanMan

Cory

Cup!

Lu for Carlson, Neuvirth WSH Declines.

Lu for Brouwer, Orlov, Neuvirth Fair value, but would rather Johansson than Brouwer, we don't need another 3W.

Lu, 2nd for Bjugstad (Conditional 1st if Bjugstad leaves), Shore, goalie FLA Declines.

Lu and Raymond for Bjugstad (Conditional 1st if Bjugstad leaves), goalie, Versteeg FLA Declines.

Lu for Petrovic, Matthias, goalie FLA Accepts, bad for us.

Lu for Kulikov, Shore, goalie FLA Declines

This would be a good deal for the Isles, but it also helps out the Canucks in the short-term.

If Nabby was a deadline day acquisition he'd probably be worth a 2nd + a back-up with no potential.. like Sabourin + a 2nd/3rd type deal. So, the Canucks lose a 4th but don't risk taking on Holtby as the back-up for a cup run.

Archived