The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder > Cody Hodgson. The truth!

Jordan Schroeder

If you think the Sedins took a beating during the playoffs, just wait and see what happens to the miniscule Schroeder. He has wheels and does scrap for the puck on the boards but this kid is going to get mowed down by someone like Chara.

Cody has a superior scoring touch as compared to Schroeder but is not as good defensively. Cody is gone because he wants to be a top 6 and was not going to beat out Henrik or Kesler for those top 2 centre jobs. He did what he thought best for his career so you can't blame him for that.

Is Schroeder a top 6 centre? Not likely when Kesler returns. Is he a 3rd line centre? Maybe but he is going to need big wingers that can handle the rough going. I compare Schroeder to Ebbet....has some skill and is a reliable callup but not big enough for an 86 game schedule.I don't see the point of the negative Cody post. It has worked out for both teams and really you should be happy that we have Kassian.

If you think the Sedins took a beating during the playoffs, just wait and see what happens to the miniscule Schroeder. He has wheels and does scrap for the puck on the boards but this kid is going to get mowed down by someone like Chara.

Cody has a superior scoring touch as compared to Schroeder but is not as good defensively. Cody is gone because he wants to be a top 6 and was not going to beat out Henrik or Kesler for those top 2 centre jobs. He did what he thought best for his career so you can't blame him for that.

Is Schroeder a top 6 centre? Not likely when Kesler returns. Is he a 3rd line centre? Maybe but he is going to need big wingers that can handle the rough going. I compare Schroeder to Ebbet....has some skill and is a reliable callup but not big enough for an 86 game schedule.I don't see the point of the negative Cody post. It has worked out for both teams and really you should be happy that we have Kassian.

Why does Schroeder have to move down if Kesler comes back?

Kesler showed with Sundin and Demitra he's just as lethal playing wing. Schroeder centering a line of Kesler and Higgins/Booth/Kassian could be really good.

Kes hasn't had anyone that can feed him the puck since Demitra (RIP).

I think you'd see Schroeder at RW long before you'd see Kesler playing wing for Schroeder - and I like the idea of a pair of centers on a line but with Burrows on the top line, and Hansen on the third, I think it's most likely Booth Kesler Kassian - and Kassian is no slouch when it comes to finding his line-mates with sweet passes - either Kassian or Schroeder imo could be really nice fits for that line.

Schroeder isn't as effective at wing which is why he doesn't play there.

Kassian can pass for sure but he doesn't really have the speed to keep up with Kesler's line.

It was pretty evident Kassian was even slowing the Sedins down. Just look at how much faster they became when Burrows slotted back in.

Though I suppose Schroeder learning how to play on a Selke winner's wing can't hurt.. at least if Schroeder's on a line with Kesler you know defensive coverage is going to be pretty darn good and you have two centers who can skate, win draws and hopefully find some good chemistry.

Jordon is proving to be a solid NHL player, but I can't see his projection higher than Cody. Both these guys are in the developmental stage in their careers, so they will improve in their weaker areas. They are both very hard working, dedicated individuals.

That being said, when Coho finds his defensive game (which was pretty solid when he was a jr.), he will be a pretty decent 1st/2nd line C.

Schroeder will improve his scoring stats, but I don't think he will ever come close to Hodgson in numbers. His size will be a problem for him, so unless he switches to W, he will probably be a 3rd liner.

Of course many Canuck fans are still crying because Cody wanted out, so they will continue to bash anything he does.

Soon, I expect to see the thread: "Dale Wiese > Cody Hodgson..."

Jordon is proving to be a solid NHL player, but I can't see his projection higher than Cody. Both these guys are in the developmental stage in their careers, so they will improve in their weaker areas. They are both very hard working, dedicated individuals.

That being said, when Coho finds his defensive game (which was pretty solid when he was a jr.), he will be a pretty decent 1st/2nd line C.

Schroeder will improve his scoring stats, but I don't think he will ever come close to Hodgson in numbers. His size will be a problem for him, so unless he switches to W, he will probably be a 3rd liner.

Of course many Canuck fans are still crying because Cody wanted out, so they will continue to bash anything he does.

Soon, I expect to see the thread: "Dale Wiese > Cody Hodgson..."

Archived