The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison so far?

Go Go Canucks Go

He references our overly ridiculously simple "system" (He also says that means AV), but fails to explain any of what that system is or how Garrison has a hard time fitting in to it.

AV has said a couple times that our system is based on first man in, 2nd man in, and so on, so if he cares to explain our system he could start there.

Best post in the first 5 pages.

Gollumpus with the crystal ball!

He was talking about Floridas system being like Kindergarten, not ours. It was in reference to his slow start, learning a newer more complex system

Yeah, it's not surprising that he was so wrong about almost everything, as he was only here to push people's buttons. His negativity was relentless, and I'm not surprised that he's eating crow in private. He wasn't exactly one to admit he was wrong.

Wait...am I the only one who was of the opinion King and Nit are the same person?

I bet you think you're really clever for that one. What do you want me to say? Garrison is our saviour and is the best defencemen on our team? He's been solid for a month. But for the money he's been making I expect him to hit the net a little more often because 90% of the time he kills our momentum with his wide shots from the corner. Just being a realist.

For the money he makes and his defensive play coupled with his offensive output he's a great deal. You're not being a realist you're being negative. There's a world of difference.

J Gar isn't Salo. but he's better than a puck n the junk. Great addition to the team.

Pretty sure I've seen the name Garrison more in a shortened season then I had seen Salo's name in his whole tenure with the Canucks.

Just sayin'..

[sarcasm inserted]

Did anyone else notice Garrison's blazing speed tonight?

Hughson and Simpson did.

He's a great skater, basically never causes him problems.

Unfortunately, some people couldn't notice talent if it smacked them in the face.

His skating is choppier than the norm, so it throws some people for a loop.

He's a great skater, basically never causes him problems.

Unfortunately, some people couldn't notice talent if it smacked them in the face.

His skating is choppier than the norm, so it throws some people for a loop.

thats what I've been saying since we've aquired him ... his skating looks choppy but he's actually pretty quick..

I bet you think you're really clever for that one. What do you want me to say? Garrison is our saviour and is the best defencemen on our team? He's been solid for a month. But for the money he's been making I expect him to hit the net a little more often because 90% of the time he kills our momentum with his wide shots from the corner. Just being a realist.

Yeah, sorry. It was a contentless spiteful pun that in my beleaguered state last night was irresistible.

I do think Garrison is our most dependable defenseman when he's on his game. The game against Edmontont when our defense played so damn good was a total Garrison show. We ended their longest winning streak of the season that night, and Garrison was the flagship of the defensive effort. However, I think that the keystone to our defense is Bieksa. He isn't our best defenseman, but he is the guy that makes the whole thing click. I cant quite put my finger on why, but maybe it's as simple as the fact he plays the right side which balances the pairings. We have a pretty sick defense lineup when we're healthy, and anyone of them can have a stellar night.

Wait...am I the only one who was of the opinion King and Nit are the same person?

I thought King had a bit more thought out replies than I remember seeing from nit. I don't think I see the similarity.

For Garrison to be on pace for last year's point production he would have needed 19 points in 48 games. He currently stands at 15 with 2 games to go and he seems to be gaining steam over the 2nd half of the season.

For those who were disappointed with his early scoring production, there's your answer.

He can score and defend. $4.6 million for the next 5 years. Anyone still unhappy about this?

Garrison Magic Number: 4

For Garrison to be on pace for last year's point production he would have needed 19 points in 48 games. He currently stands at 15 with 2 games to go and he seems to be gaining steam over the 2nd half of the season.

For those who were disappointed with his early scoring production, there's your answer.

He can score and defend. $4.6 million for the next 5 years. Anyone still unhappy about this?

Garrison Magic Number: 4

Loving it ... only way is up...

Excellent pick up by Gillis. Our best D-man and at times seems to be a real legit shutdown D.

Especially with Hamhuis, they play insane together. Our defence is finally starting to look intact as Edler is stepping up. Now, to get Tanev/Bieksa back and hopefully Corrado takes Ballard's spot :)

Hamhuis-Garrison

Edler-Corrado

Bieksa-Tanev

or switch Garrison with a RH to balance pairs

I'm loving Garrison more and more as a person and a player, he deserves all the praise he is getting and I hope he continues to meld and get better. Top defenseman and I wish that Hammuis was as appreciated as Garrison is now becoming.

Archived